closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Please recommend an email provider

Hybrid View

Master

Please recommend an email provider

Hi.. I need to set up an email account to be used by about 6 or so people who are all taking part in a side project from the local camera club. We need to be able to send jpegs into it from our personal accounts, and all access it to see and discuss rack others' work.

Can anyone recommend an email provider (we used to call them email clients, as I recall) that is both free and easy to use? I am ruling out gmail as I get nothing but problems with Google and the need to use text as well as images rules out Flickr. I also can't thnk that any of the other social media platforms would suit.

Pleased to hear
    Rob

Set up a Onedrive. All have the password for it, or the owner can share folders. Email is so old hat for this sort of thing.

Master
    I also suspect that email would not be the most useful method - a Skype group conversation might work well (with a common image gallery) or perhaps the free version of MS Teams.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Set up a Onedrive. All have the password for it, or the owner can share folders. Email is so old hat for this sort of thing.
    Thanks, PH. Afraid i'm a bit of a techno-thicko so please bear with me. Would a onedrive allow people to drop text as well as photos into it?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Barryboy View Post
    Thanks, PH. Afraid i'm a bit of a techno-thicko so please bear with me. Would a onedrive allow people to drop text as well as photos into it?

Rob
    Yep, docs, videos, photos, any kind of file. You can use it in a browser or have it synch to smartphone app or your PC, it's really easy to set up.

a Whatsapp group fits your needs I suppose but to make it more professional i would use Teams with Onedrive as that is more project based

https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/free

other alternatives: slack
    Last edited by Xantiagib; 13th February 2019 at 16:45.

WhatsApp is brilliant for sending small photos to a group but it compresses most photos to death.