closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BLNR finished?

I was going through some old emails last week and found my correspondence with the AD I used when I purchased my BLNR. It amused me when I read “due to the high demand delivery will be 4 weeks”. I think everyone would pleased to be quoted that kind of delivery on a popular ss sports Rolex these days!

world gone mad if they go £15K ,buy the black and fit a bezel /hand got to be cheaper?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    Yeah but nowhere near the quality...
    Really? I think the Speedy Pro is of excellent quality and much better value for money.
    Last edited by JeremyO; 16th February 2019 at 19:18.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    Really? I think the Speedy Pro is of excellent quality and much better value for money.
    just after to wind the watch up every 2 days lol

Craftsman
    I love my BLNR but not that much. If some silly sod will buy it for £15k then they have lost their marbles. And I will probably have a Patek instead.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    My first Rolex is the blnr always loved it and still do ! Will never sell it but at 15k would make me think twice, lol

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    Yeah but nowhere near the quality...
    Can’t really compare these two if you go by AD price, one is sub £3k with a little discount while the other is £8k and rare as hens teeth or £15k+ if you go grey..

I like the look of both watches but only one has decent legibility..

I love my BLNR but paying £11k plus for one seems absurd. That said, people are regularly paying way more than original rrp on 5 digit references. Take the previous model GMT 16710. These go for upwards of rrp on current models nowadays but they didn't cost anywhere near that at rrp.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4389 View Post
    Hands down better quality watch, each to there own I suppose, both great watches though

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Can’t really compare these two if you go by AD price, one is sub £3k with a little discount while the other is £8k and rare as hens teeth or £15k+ if you go grey..

I like the look of both watches but only one has decent legibility..
    Just my personal experience of Omega. I've tried to love them. I've owned quite a few including the speedy. I felt the quality of the finishing and the dial etc just not on a par with Rolex and especially things like bracelets and clasps etc.

Every one I've bought Ive sold. Most recently the grey side of the moon. The chrono hands were off centre and it was just too thick. Stunning tech though.

The latest speedy and Globemaster bracelet design leaves me totally cold. Some of the lug shapes are just plain ugly it's a shame. They used to do some really wearable good value pieces now I'm struggling to find one I would like to own.
    Last edited by JC180; 16th February 2019 at 23:35.

Master
    The BLNR is a great watch, I’ve got a few watches, but it’s the most versatile I own and would be the very last I sold.

Apprentice
    I’ve an Omega PO 45mm an Explorer 2 42mm and a BLNR, probably biased by the other two but every time I wear the BLNR I just think it’s too small.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    That's probably because the PO is like a dustbin lid!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Ha ha, I really like it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I think they were suggesting that Rolex has only produced one two coloured bezel at a time in SS. When Pepsi arrived, production of BLNR ceased.
    It most certainly did not.

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    world gone mad if they go £15K ,buy the black and fit a bezel /hand got to be cheaper?
    Great idea but where do you anticipate buying the parts from? Rolex certainly won’t sell you them.