closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Belstaff

Belstaff

Have Belstaff discontinued the Roadmaster? Can’t see it on their website! Is there much difference between the Trailmaster and Roadmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Have Belstaff discontinued the Roadmaster? Can’t see it on their website! Is there much difference between the Trailmaster and Roadmaster?
    Assume you mean trialmaster. Can’t answer the first, but trialmaster is a boxier more generous cut.

Go for the roadmaster as a slimmer more flattering cut, and more suited to modern day styles.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Assume you mean trialmaster. Can’t answer the first, but trialmaster is a boxier more generous cut.

Go for the roadmaster as a slimmer more flattering cut, and more suited to modern day styles.
    But sounds like the trialmaster is more suited to modern day shapes!

Master
    They have changed the names by the look of it the road master is now the trailmaster and the trailmaster is the fieldmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    They have changed the names by the look of it the road master is now the trailmaster and the trailmaster is the fieldmaster
    Now Belstaff is owned by one of the world's largest manufacturers of chemicals and oil products (INEOS), which I find a bit strange, I guess anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    Thanks...that makes sense. I didn’t think they’d discontinue a timeless design.

Looks like they’ve nudged RRP down a bit too. Used to be £595, now £550.

Btw it’s a TRIALmaster

Craftsman
    Now Belstaff is owned by one of the world's largest manufacturers of chemicals and oil products (INEOS), which I find a bit strange, I guess anything can happen.
    They are designing and will be building a Defender rival - their £500m+ entry into the car market - and bought this as the start of lifestyle brand development. They don't do things by halves it seems.

The Roadmaster is now called the Trialmaster. This is a more fitted and modern cut. No tilted Pockets.
    The Trialmaster (one tilted breast pocket) is now called Fieldmaster. Bit boxier, but only a bit compared how they used to be.

Like all Belstaff try them on becasue sizing is all over the place - I'm a 42-44 and have 52 generally and M in old belstaffs, but also have an old L.

Master
    i do work for Belstaff and go to there sample sales and sell jackets on here from time to time and have 14 in my wardrobe at present

The trialmaster is the original est 1948 and the roadmaster came after that and as the OP mentioned the road masters are currently not being made any more - though you can find them in the outlets Bicester and Cheshire oaks

the trialmaster has been brought back to celebrate 70th anniversary the main difference is the trialmaster is a ever so slightly slimmer fit in my opinion and has a pocket slightly out turned as opposed to the roadmaster whixehifh has 4 straight pockets.

The roadmaster also has double zip the trialmaster has a singular zip but that’s about all, I don’t doubt the roadmaster will no doubt be back at some point in the future but it’s not being made for the time being.

Oh and yes sizing is all over the place I’m a 46 uk and have jackets from Belstaff that for me in 52.54,56 and 58 it’s a minefield!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    i do work for Belstaff and go to there sample sales and sell jackets on here from time to time and have 14 in my wardrobe at present

The trialmaster is the original est 1948 and the roadmaster came after that and as the OP mentioned the road masters are currently not being made any more - though you can find them in the outlets Bicester and Cheshire oaks

the trialmaster has been brought back to celebrate 70th anniversary the main difference is the trialmaster is a ever so slightly slimmer fit in my opinion and has a pocket slightly out turned as opposed to the roadmaster whixehifh has 4 straight pockets.

The roadmaster also has double zip the trialmaster has a singular zip but that’s about all, I don’t doubt the roadmaster will no doubt be back at some point in the future but it’s not being made for the time being.

Oh and yes sizing is all over the place I’m a 46 uk and have jackets from Belstaff that for me in 52.54,56 and 58 it’s a minefield!!!
    i bought a city master a few years ago at a good price. Have they stopped making them?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    i bought a city master a few years ago at a good price. Have they stopped making them?

I dont actually work for Belstaff I do work for Belstaff (I work in recruitment) so don’t know exactly but usually if it’s not on Belstaff’s site that means it’s not being made and I noted they were in the sale recently so I’d guess not.

https://www.belstaff.co.uk/citymaste...5C61N0158.html

I only know about the roadmasters as they never normally appear in the sales and the last one they were there enough mass (wish I’d got more now) so it prompted me to ask.

There’s so many jackets in the range with ever so slight tweaks so I’d guess it will be there under a different name with subtle differences

Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    I have a Circuitmaster waxed cotton jacket which I bought around 5 years ago, which is basically a Roadmaster, except even more tailored fit and heavier cotton.

That style didn’t last long and doesn’t seem to have been available for a while now.

Master
    I have a Circuitmaster waxed cotton jacket which I bought around 5 years ago, which is basically a Roadmaster, except even more tailored fit and heavier cotton.

That style didn’t last long and doesn’t seem to have been available for a while now.
    My missus has either the road or trial master and hardly wears it. I've got the Barbour equivalent and 2 other Barbour wax offerings. They'll all outlast us.
    Her Belstaff and my two Barbour internationals are all tailored fit but the Citymaster is pretty relaxed.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RD200; 15th February 2019 at 11:23.