closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Home Security

Master

Home Security

I've had a break in over the weekend and the house has basically been tuned upside down and my car taken. The b*stards jumped on part of my lower roof and smashed one of the upper windows before exiting through the living room window.

I've got CCTV, alarm and security lights but all of it did nothing to deter the break in.

I'm going to get the locks changed to the euro anti snap barrels and also install dropping bollards on the drive.

What security measures have people got here ?

Sorry to hear it
    Sounds like s proper job they did
    CCTV etc won’t stop these people

Friend of. One runs his own business installing, and is so busy - crime is out of control, cars the quick fast buck it seems

His advice - anti snap for sure, plus a dog

You need plenty of lights and noice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Given how they got in to the house the first time would the new measures proposed prevent them from doing so again. From how you've described it I'm not sure it would.

I’ve been broken into a couple of times unfortunately. It was a messy buisness. I can not offer alot of advice however the intruders will more than likely return. They usually leave it 6 months once insurance has paid up and return for all the new stuff. They will always find a weak point in security. Even if it’s just smashing a window. My advice and this is what I did is install internal klaxon alarms. The noise is deafening and will hinder anyone. The second time i was burglaries they smashed a window got in, klaxon sounded and they went. Another option is to have a smoke blanket installed, quite expensive though.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    what type of house is it?

Gates?
    Lights on Pir?
    Warning message on a pir?
    More lights.
    Sound grenade on pir
    Covert cameras,

Needs arranging in an onion fashion forming layers of escalating volumn inconvience,

Get a shotgun licence and buy a shotgun NO SHELLS, and a dialer on your house perimeter that alerts yours and nominated phones, if you ring the police you become a priority. no guarantees.

Move

High end locks, billet handles on the outside, change glass to laminated toughened this means the window is harder noisier to break but will retain integrity
    Last edited by MCFastybloke; 12th February 2019 at 13:41.

Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    My advice and this is what I did is install internal klaxon alarms. The noise is deafening and will hinder anyone.

I would say this - I have one installed in my house and it is painful to remain in the house when it sounds. I would also suggest a monitored alarm so at least you get a call when it goes off.

Master
    That's for the reply lads.

Are the klaxon alarms wired I to the existing alarm ?

I've just ordered some metal raptor spikes for the garden gate and fences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    That's for the reply lads.

Are the klaxon alarms wired I to the existing alarm ?

I've just ordered some metal raptor spikes for the garden gate and fences.
    I had a new alarm fitted with as mentioned by others an autodialler. I also had a second bell box installed to the rear of the property. I am not sure if it can be retrofitted or not. If you get the factory unit one it needs 240v to power.

Master
    my existing alarm is really poor in terms of noise, you can barely hear it outside the house when it goes off.

Ill look on getting some Klaxons put it and blow the roof off if it goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    my existing alarm is really poor in terms of noise, you can barely hear it outside the house when it goes off.

Ill look on getting some Klaxons put it and blow the roof off if it goes off.

My system is wireless so it was fairly easy to add on a service - they seem to think the sounder in the panel (plus the outside bell-box) is sufficient. I pointed out with the doors and windows closed you could barely hear the alarm going off so they admitted it was deficient and added a sounder which we sited in the hall and it is now horrible when I set the alarm off by mistake - so much so I deactivate it from the garage panel when I do.

Craftsman
    Has been mentioned above but really try and get your perimeter secure or at least get notified that someone is accessing the perimeter.
    Gives more chance of stopping anyone before they reach your house.
    The internal alarm etc should be your last line of defence not your first!!
    Good perimeter beam detection ideally linked to remote monitoring, but if this is a bit costly look at linking beams to activating a talking alarm
    https://www.cna-electronics.co.uk

I seen these linked to perimeter beams in operation with really good results.

If budget is an issue some of the new smart cameras (hive etc) can be a good alternative to informing of intruders.