closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Outer AR coating Sinn 556i

Outer AR coating Sinn 556i

I absolutely hate how much the crystal picks up fingerprints and smudges on this thing. It's a shame to constantly have to wipe it to get rid of them as I feel I'm babying a watch that I would otherwise handle carefully at all

I was wondering if anyone has experienced having an outer AR coating and then having it removed. Was the end result worth the effort?

This model of 556 has a glossy black black dial which seems to show any smudges on the surface even more than it would with a matt black dial, and even more so with a lighter dial I'd imagine.

Anyway would really appreciate any feedback, and especially if anyone knew where this could be done in the UK

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

My Sinn U1 has a constant smear running from the 3 to 6 where the coating has started to wear away.

It's a 2014 with a fair bit of use, but hardly abused or worn 24/7.

Master
    I think it's quite easy to remove with a cape cod.
    Are they not coated on the inside too anyway ?

maseman

It’s a Sinn made to be used I have a 856 utc graet watch and has seen lots of action .......however the case still looks like new tagimentation is great ...yes the crystal can get smutched and can be quite annoying in an ideal world AR coating just on the inside or like my Rolex non at all would be preferable !.
    Just enjoy the watch ..Sinn make great go anywhere watches .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I removed the outer AR coating on my Sinn 903 with a cape cod cloth
    Due to the domed crystal it used to pick up marks on a regular basis.
    It took about 10 minutes of polishing and I don’t have the problem any more.
    My U1 has a couple of marks on it but it’s not at the stage where it has to come off.
    Any AR on the outside is a smudge magnet
    It does give the crystal a nice blue tinge though.

The external AR on a Sinn 656 I had started to come off in minute linear flakes, so I removed it with a digitally controlled Dremmel on lowest revs and a polishing mop. My two Damaskos, a DA37 and DC56 from 2006 and 2009 respectively, have never had a problem.
    F.T.F.A.

I got enraged with smudges on my SMPc. I tapped of the bezel with masking tape then took at it with polywatch for a good 30mins. For me, this was an upgrade and made it so much better. I'll see if I can find a picture of the after..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Without outer AR

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I removed the AR coating on my old Sinn, it was a marked improvement. Polywatch with a cloth and a ‘frayed end’ cocktail stick did the job in about half an hour.