closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Omega discounts

Craftsman

Any Omega discounts

Thinking of looking at an Omega Seamaster 300 Diver. Suggested retail is £3600 but wondering is Omega a watch where discounts can be obtained from a boutique/OD etc. Anywhere you have seen doing discounts that i should look at, i would prefer in the Uk. Cheers.
    Last edited by markyboy.1967; 11th February 2019 at 12:27.

Hey, I doubt u will get any discount at a boutique and maybe some joy in an AD.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks for the reples and the pm`s as well on the subject.Cheers.

If grey market is an option, Montredo dot com is worth a look.

Craftsman
    In jan all the standard high street ADs had discounts on some models ranging from 10-20%

I suspect as we head into March there maybe a few more discounts coming. If you’re a cash buyer discounts of 10-15% are not uncommon at most high street ADs.

If you’re looking to buy on credit, the options are much more limited. Most firms will only do sale items on 12months or at around 9.9% apr

Given these models aren’t flying off the shelves I would simply ask. Worst that’ll happen is they say no!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Actually this model is selling very well.

Try UK Bullion in Sheffield. I bought the Speedmaster Moon watch at a discounted price.

Journeyman
    Give me a nudge if you have any luck, I was planning on buying soon😉

Craftsman
    Yeah im a cash buyer. One or two places in and around the Glasgow area soi will have to hoof it to those dealers and see. Feel lost now as my Zenith Defy El Primero is already in for a warranty repair, my only other nice watch is my Bremont but its on a leather strap and i have started enjoying bracelets. No idea how long it will be away for but got the urge to buy something new and would prefer local as i can return it if anythin goe wrong like the Zenith issue. Cheers for the replies.
    Last edited by markyboy.1967; 11th February 2019 at 19:35.

Blog Entries
    ^^^^

Bit off topic but what’s up with your Zenith? Hope you get it back soon.

Martyn.

Craftsman

Zenith

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    ^^^^

Bit off topic but what’s up with your Zenith? Hope you get it back soon.

Martyn.
    I have only worn it a few times now and the past twice i pull out the crown to set the time, i then push it in and wind it, sometimes it starts fine and other times it doesnt start until i pull and push the crown a few times. Its as iff the stem isnt locating or something. Luckily i bought from Rox in the Arcade in Glasgow and they took it back for repair and promised to have it sorted but didnt give me an idea of how long it could take, i believe they are phoning me later this week.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by m4ckg View Post
    Try UK Bullion in Sheffield. I bought the Speedmaster Moon watch at a discounted price.
    Never been a fan of uk bully, and the website is poor...much prefer Parkers in sheff but I don’t think they have any of the new seamaster 300s

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Thinking of looking at an Omega Seamaster 300 Diver. Suggested retail is £3600 but wondering is Omega a watch where discounts can be obtained from a boutique/OD etc. Anywhere you have seen doing discounts that i should look at, i would prefer in the Uk. Cheers.
    Tried Beaverbrooks in Braehead? (no affiliation) Surely more likely to give a discount than the Omega boutique in the city centre.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Tried Beaverbrooks in Braehead? (no affiliation) Surely more likely to give a discount than the Omega boutique in the city centre.
    You will have just as much chance of a discount from the OB. They offered me a pretty good discount on a speedy pro last year (about £500 from memory). The boutique in Glasgow is operated by goldsmiths.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    You will have just as much chance of a discount from the OB. They offered me a pretty good discount on a speedy pro last year (about £500 from memory). The boutique in Glasgow is operated by goldsmiths.
    Ahh didnt know that, it might help a bit then.Im in no hurry so will pop in when my Zenith comes back as i need to go past it anyway.Cheers.

Master
    I was offered 5% off at the Trafford Omega shop when they first come out. I'm sure you could do much better now they have been out a while.

- - - Updated - - -

I was offered 5% off at the Trafford Omega shop when they first come out. I'm sure you could do much better now they have been out a while.

Chronext £3170 on bracelet

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    Chronext £3170 on bracelet
    Thanks, might not be worth the hassle for a few hundred if anything goes wrong with it. I will have a look. Cheers.

16.7% (1/1.2) at the airport. Equivalent to Vodka And Tonic saving.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the replies and to those that sent a pm as well.

Craftsman
    A few years ago I bought a PO with about £600 off and 0% from an AD and at the time many said it would be extremely unlikely to get both.

Thanks for the replies and to those that sent a pm as well.
    So what did you find out? I’ve never been interested in a Seamaster until now but this new version looks excellent.

Quite fancy trying a blue one. Been tempted to pull the trigger on the black ones that hit the SC recently but I have a standard Speedy Pro and figure along with a blue Seamaster would make a nice pairing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Tried a few avenues to buy one so far but I just didn’t pull the trigger as yet for one reason or another but thanks to those who replied or sent pm’s. still considering my options.

On another note my Zenith Defy El Primero 21 is on its way back to Italy for a repair so no idea how long it will be away but I’m expecting it to be a while.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    So what did you find out? I’ve never been interested in a Seamaster until now but this new version looks excellent.

Quite fancy trying a blue one. Been tempted to pull the trigger on the black ones that hit the SC recently but I have a standard Speedy Pro and figure along with a blue Seamaster would make a nice pairing.

The main thing I found out that it’s more difficult than I thought, a few member suggested places to try for varying amount of discount but not being close to any ( I’m in Scotland) makes it more difficult to do a deal.

I’m looking for the Diver 300M with the wave dial- grey with blue bezel on a bracelet would be my first choice.

The main thing I found out that it’s more difficult than I thought, a few member suggested places to try for varying amount of discount but not being close to any ( I’m in Scotland) makes it more difficult to do a deal.

I’m looking for the Diver 300M with the wave dial- grey with blue bezel on a bracelet would be my first choice.
    Maybe Chronext should be worth considering then?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    A few years ago I bought a PO with about £600 off and 0% from an AD and at the time many said it would be extremely unlikely to get both.
    That is a good deal. I have found it depends on the desperation of the AD and the sales person to get a deal done. Especially if it’s a slow selling model or it’s been out a while.

The PO while it’s popular there is a healthy and wide ranging secondary market in all models and the ADs know this.

Richemont buying watchfinder proves the brands are more interested in the secondary market and impact on prices (and sales of new and nearly new models) than ever before.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Goldsmiths appear to have 41mm auto SMPs for £2,600

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmeat View Post
    Goldsmiths appear to have 41mm auto SMPs for £2,600
    I think these are the old pre wave dial versions though. If they had of been the 2018 versions i would have been all over them.

Currently flogging my PO for one!

Craftsman
    Yes its the new 42mm wave dial that im after. List price is £3600

Craftsman
    There's one for sale in the Sales Corner for a bargain price in black. If it was the blue version, I'd be after it myself.

Have you tried Wallace Allan in Ayr?
    ______

​Jim.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Have you tried Wallace Allan in Ayr?
    No, never heard of them. Will have a look just now as i have a friend in Ayr that i visit so could do a joint visit.

Apprentice
    For the best deals I think Iconic and Dom Hacket would be my choices, I’ve bought from both and have been very happy.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac040 View Post
    For the best deals I think Iconic and Dom Hacket would be my choices, I’ve bought from both and have been very happy.
    Neither have any in stock

Apprentice
    Neither have any in stock
    If you contact Dom he can source you any one you want. It will be brand new from an AD but much cheaper.

Master
    If you contact Dom he can source you any one you want. It will be brand new from an AD but much cheaper.
    Exactly this. And Dom is an absolute gent to deal with.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Ok i have sent them a message on their site. Cheers.

Craftsman
    Dom has replied and the price is decent so he is checking the delivery times with his OD.

Anyone have this watch on a bracelet- i checked my wrist size which is 8”, will i need extra links ?

Apprentice
    Dom has replied and the price is decent so he is checking the delivery times with his OD.

Anyone have this watch on a bracelet- i checked my wrist size which is 8”, will i need extra links ?
    That’s good, Dom is great to deal with. The Omega bracelets are pretty big, far bigger than Rolex if that helps but don’t know if it will be ok for you, I got two taken out of my seamaster PO and wear the Rolex as they come.

Craftsman
    That’s good, Dom is great to deal with. The Omega bracelets are pretty big, far bigger than Rolex if that helps but don’t know if it will be ok for you, I got two taken out of my seamaster PO and wear the Rolex as they come.
    I have asked about an extra link to be included just in case, will see how he replies in the morning.Cheers.

Journeyman
    Seamaster smpwas down to £2600 I think on goldsmiths website the day, not sure if that’s the model you were after

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Hunter View Post
    Seamaster smpwas down to £2600 I think on goldsmiths website the day, not sure if that’s the model you were after
    That’s the older model.

Craftsman
    Deal done with Dom and watch will be here tomorrow. Thanks for the help from all those who replied and offered help. Cheers.
    Last edited by markyboy.1967; 20th February 2019 at 04:35.

Apprentice
    Deal dine with Dom and watch will be here tomorrow. Thanks for the help from all those who replied and offered help. Cheers.
    Glad to have helped, enjoy your new watch, he’s also not bad if you want to sell back to him.

Craftsman
    The new Omega turned up today however with the long shifts im working i still havent saw it as yet. My wife opened it and as described its brand new with stickers from a UK OD...The pics i have saw so far it looks fantastic.

The new Omega turned up today however with the long shifts im working i still havent saw it as yet. My wife opened it and as described its brand new with stickers from a UK OD...The pics i have saw so far it looks fantastic.
    Great stuff congrats! Let’s see some pics up here soon.

I’ve ordered one from Dominic too. But will take a few weeks to arrive as they are on order. I went for the blue on steel.

Master
    Congratulations. Wrist pics at earliest opportunity please.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    That is a good deal. I have found it depends on the desperation of the AD and the sales person to get a deal done. Especially if it’s a slow selling model or it’s been out a while.

The PO while it’s popular there is a healthy and wide ranging secondary market in all models and the ADs know this.

Richemont buying watchfinder proves the brands are more interested in the secondary market and impact on prices (and sales of new and nearly new models) than ever before.
    It was the orange bezel model on the bracelet. I pushed hard and the deal was done. Wish I had kept it now as it’s my favourite watch to date.

Apprentice

Sorry to sound thick

So can anyone confirm if you buy a watch through HackettWatches do you get one that has come from an AD so the warranty is with them?

I want to buy the new 300M Diver too and will have the funds (so cash) in April.

I don't mind trying a few shops out to get a deal. As the RRP is £3600 I am hoping to get around the £3000 mark. But I don't want to buy grey if that means the warranty is no good. Any advice would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovenables View Post
    So can anyone confirm if you buy a watch through HackettWatches do you get one that has come from an AD so the warranty is with them?

I want to buy the new 300M Diver too and will have the funds (so cash) in April.

I don't mind trying a few shops out to get a deal. As the RRP is £3600 I am hoping to get around the £3000 mark. But I don't want to buy grey if that means the warranty is no good. Any advice would be great.
    Best to email Dominic directly but I asked this exact same question to him.

He confirmed full 5 year warranty with Omega, UK AD sourced watches.