closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-25 : Hidden date of the Miyota 9015 and dead zone risk

Journeyman

PRS-25 : Hidden date of the Miyota 9015 and dead zone risk

Hello,

Last February I received a gorgeous PRS-25.

I recently visited a web site that describe the 9015 movement and it seems it has a date feature. Therefore , even if the date is (fortunately) "hidden" on this great dial, what about the dead-zone risk (21h/3h) during time setting when the watch has laid in the watchbox for a while. Is the risk real, or does the movement has been hacked/downgraded to the non date version of the 9015 aka 90S5 ?

In the given General Care flyer, the dead zone problem is mentionned but as the watch appears date-less , maybe owners would think they are not concerned with this model ?

IIRC I read somewhere that Eddie was looking into choosing the 90S5 for future releases. Is it for this reason ?

What do you think of ?
    Last edited by sidh; 24th March 2019 at 12:55. Reason: missing word

Quote Originally Posted by sidh View Post
    Hello,

Last February I received a gorgeous PRS-25.

I recently visited a web site that describe the 9015 movement and it seems it has a date feature. Therefore , even if the date is (fortunately) "hidden" on this great dial, what about the dead-zone risk (21h/3h) during time setting when the watch has laid in the watchbox for a while. Is the risk real, or does the movement has been hacked/downgraded to the non date version of the 9015 aka 90S5 ?

In the given General Care flyer, the dead zone problem is mentionned but as the watch appears date-less , maybe owners would think they are not concerned with this model ?

IIRC I read somewhere that Eddie was looking into choosing the 90S5 for future releases. Is it for this reason ?

What do you think of ?
    The risk is small but real although changing the date at the wrong time risks only affecting the date change, not the operation of the movement itself.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

PRS-25 : Hidden date of the Miyota 9015 and dead zone risk

plus as I recall the rule is generally Don’t change the Date between 9-3 /10-2 ... you can change the *Time* whenever you feel like it.

So long as you pull the crown to the time setting position, you should be golden. Plus if you aren’t sure which position you are in... give it a gentle small partial turn to start, if the hands aren’t moving then maybe you didn’t pull it out far enough.

I don’t think it’s much of a risk. Maybe if you give the watch to someone who thinks all watches use batteries...

Journeyman
    Ah ok so not a big problem if this only affects date switch and not the movement itself . Thanks for the explanation ;)

I've had an original PRS-25 for some years, and also the 36mm version now. I've not had a problem with either.
    F.T.F.A.

No problems either with my 36 - which has been in daily use since it arrived

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    No problems either with my 36 - which has been in daily use since it arrived
    Furthermore in daily use you lower the risk of a time setting during dead zone , in my case I started wondering about this dead zone common problem when it stopped at 10/22? :30 laying in the watch box