closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Trick of the eye - watch sizes....

Trick of the eye - watch sizes....

Just took delivery of my digital vernier callipers from Amazon (other online retailers are available) - a princely Fiver for them, BTW - and having a play in measuring stuff..... watches mostly, but as any boy will, I soon started onto other stuff and was going to measure the old chap (no, not my father).... but realised it only goes up to 6” ;)

I digress.... so, measured a couple of (watches, that is) and wondered what you though on the following....
    Same? different? not at all arsed? I did lug to lug and case sizes.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by notenoughwrists; 10th February 2019 at 21:49.

Prob different.. and as a past metrologist.. to clarify it’s a digital caliper.. you can buy a vernier caliper but not a digital vernier caliper.. vernier is a scale reading via the Markings on the gauge ...

Blog Entries
    I guess these? I have a pair of these and find them great fun? Are they not digital vernier callipers?

The Omega looks bigger - but I guess they are very similar in size?

That's a digital caliper.

Yes, that one. Described as Digital Vernier Calipers but inclined to believe our resident meteorologist more than the Amazon description, I shall refer to them as Digital Calipers.

And the watches are exactly the same - to the 1/10mm, in both case width (excl. crown) and lug to lug! I was surprised

Grand Master
    Gotta smile at this thread!

I have a good quality digital caliper that reads to 0.05mm, I also have a cheapo plastic one for the garage that leads to 0.1mm. I use that one for rough measurements and use the good one for watch work.

Measuring a part of my anatomy with either has never entered my head........I have a 12” ruler that’s OK for measuring longer items

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    That's a digital caliper.
    Should have remembered this from my physics / astronomy undergraduate days, I do remember now vernier scales - interpolation to 0.01mm.

L2L makes the biggest difference. I wear one recraft Seiko (SRPC13 aka UFO) which is 44.25mm but mostly case, dial is smaller and basically lugless watch. Wears quite dressy like 41 IMO...

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk