closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smiths car boot find

Craftsman

Smiths car boot find

Sunday morning car boot find, Smith Enfield chiming clock, busted, non runner £3.00.
    Well I'm up for a challenge, the pendulum pivot Spring thing had broke, so a quick dremmel drill and an old screw from the watch box of things that I will never get round to fixing later, FIXED, put the pendulum on and hay presto nothing!
    Well it's fully wound up so I removed the pallet fork pivot thing and bingo of the thing goes spinning away time like no tomorrow, put all back together gave the pendulum a push and nothing.
    Two hours later leaning all about beat it sparks up and is running like a very old clock tick tocking away.
    £3.00 of Sunday afternoon fun.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well done you!

Jim

Grand Master
    I love old clocks like this, sadly the dragon won't give them house room.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Craftsman
    Stage two is getting the chimes to work, the Mrs is going to love that!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley637 View Post
    Stage two is getting the chimes to work, the Mrs is going to love that!
    I wondered if you had the gong :). I have a very similar Smith’s clock, already working thankfully. I keep it in my office at work; it would have lasted no longer than 31 minutes at home .

I’m impressed that you got it working so quickly. The dial, glass and hands look in very good nick. There should be a code for the month and year of manufacture on the movement, maybe at the bottom right. I’ve managed to get mine running +/- 20spd using the adjustment on the pendulum bob, and it will run for a couple of weeks on a wind.

You might already be on MWR but if not there is a very helpful Smiths sub-forum.

Please keep us updated, it’s fascinating seeing someone bring a clock back to life.

A bit tame by comparison, but I bought this for a fiver at a fete in Norfolk a couple of years ago:

It works perfectly; electric of course, and no chimes, but a lovely art decoish appeal.