closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: One in one out dilemma.

Master
    Blog Entries

One in one out dilemma.

I fancy a Black Bay 58.

I have tried it twice and I’m pretty keen. But I did promise myself it’s one in one out from now on.

This means that the only real candidate for the chop is my 1964 re-edition Heuer Carrera.

1964 The Heuer Carrera Re-edition from 1999
    [url=https://postimg.cc/image/9i2cfy2g5n/]
    [/url<https://s1.postimg.org/7q9dl1j39r/IMG_0584_Edited.jpg%5b/img%5d%5b/url>]

I like this watch but wear it a few days per month, it’s a great looking watch but due to my eyesight retreating I sometimes find it difficult to read.

I mainly wear my Explorer.

I already have a diver in my collection which is never going for sentimental reasons but this does not get much wear, again as the hands are fine and sometimes difficult to read on the white dial.

Zenith Rainbow Elite 670 – 1998
    39mm; 9mm thick
    02.0473.670 - SS with white dial & black bezel
    [url=https://postimg.cc/image/t5pq19qzf/]
    [/url<https://s17.postimg.org/3mxdo97fj/zenith.jpg%5b/img%5d%5b/url>]

So, the Black Bay 58 is really legible and a nice looking watch but losing the Carrera would leave me with no chrono in my collection and two divers.

But would give me a watch I’d wear more often ...

I have never sold a watch before and I’m a bit nervous given all the tales that pop up from time to time here ...

If the Zenith is staying, I dunno what the BB brings to the collection.

Nothing wrong with a shed full of divers, but it sounds like you like to cover all the bases. In which case, the carrera might be rather missed...

Sounds like you might need to flex the one in one out policy slightly, buy the BB before you sell the Carrera and give it a few weeks to see which one sticks...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    If the Zenith is staying, I dunno what the BB brings to the collection.

Mainly a watch that would get worn more rather than sitting in the draw.

Banned
    Out with the Zenith.

If the only restraint is your promise to yourself, buy the BB, and after a month or so, see which one is falling from favour

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Out with the Zenith.
    Not an option, an engagement gift from my wife which I wore every day for 18 years,until she bought me an Explorer for our 15th anniversary.

If, the only reason you are one in and one Out is a promise to yourself maybe buy the BB58 maybe used? Keep the Chrono in the collection for now? Then you can have time to bond with it and see what you think? Buying used and moving on if all fails in a month you’d lose very little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    If, the only reason you are one in and one Out is a promise to yourself maybe buy the BB58 maybe used? Keep the Chrono in the collection for now? Then you can have time to bond with it and see what you think? Buying used and moving on if all fails in a month you’d lose very little.

I know self restraint isn’t encouraged in these parts but I already have too many nice watches and so if I want another I think one has to go, I’m not rich and being a part time worker need to exercise some restraint.

I have never sold a watch just gradual build up so I’m drawing the line. I think the Carrera is going, I’m wearing it now ... but I think I’d prefer the 58.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I know self restraint isn’t encouraged in these parts but I already have too many nice watches and so if I want another I think one has to go, I’m not rich and being a part time worker need to exercise some restraint.

I have never sold a watch just gradual build up so I’m drawing the line. I think the Carrera is going, I’m wearing it now ... but I think I’d prefer the 58.
    I love your self restraint. It is something I lack! My only thought behind my suggestion was to give yourself time to try it before moving on the carrera

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Is your Explorer the 214270 ?

As the Zenith doesn't count, forget the one in one out for this purchase.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    If Zenith can't go and you can't bend your rule, then there is not much of choice here. Let the Heuer go and get a Tudor, if you regret it then you can sell the Tudor and get another Heuer as I suppose it doesn't have any sentimental value.
    If you could, get a Tudor try it for a couple of month and then decide which one should go.
    Let us know how it goes :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    The Heuer is going ... it’s a great bit of design, a true classic. This re-issue is an almost direct copy of the original at the fraction of the price of a 60s version. With my reading glasses on I can really appreciate it but it’s just not a practical watch for me without my reading glasses, that situation isn’t going to improve so it’s going.

Banned
    Don't do it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Don't do it.
    The Heuer is now on sales corner ...😬