closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steinhartwatches Nav-B repair?

Journeyman

Steinhartwatches Nav-B repair?

Hi guys, looking for some advice really!

I have a Steinhart Nav-B 47mm chrono which I’ve owned since 2016 and purchased from my dad as it was too big for him. I love it but, sadly one of the hands has fallen off (see photo). It was returned to Steinhart in 2016 for a problem (which I can’t remember why - something to do with the movement) and took a long time and cost a fair bit in posting to Germany.

Would someone on here be able to repair this for me or would you suggest sending it back to Steinhart directly?

ThanksIMG_0470.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR_ View Post
    Hi guys, looking for some advice really!

I have a Steinhart Nav-B 47mm chrono which I’ve owned since 2016 and purchased from my dad as it was too big for him. I love it but, sadly one of the hands has fallen off (see photo). It was returned to Steinhart in 2016 for a problem (which I can’t remember why - something to do with the movement) and took a long time and cost a fair bit in posting to Germany.

Would someone on here be able to repair this for me or would you suggest sending it back to Steinhart directly?

ThanksIMG_0470.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I imagine it is a Valjoux 7750. There are a number of watchmakers here including Paul and Brendon (Walterwelk and webwatchmaker if I remember their usernames properly). You could PM them.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Minute recording hand off ? That's unusual on a 7750.
    Maybe the dial is loose and lifting up.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    Minute recording hand off ? That's unusual on a 7750.
    Maybe the dial is loose and lifting up.

So after speaking to my Dad over the weekend he reminded me the reason why I returned it to Steinhart in 2016 in the first place. It was returned because when I pulled the crown out to set the time (as I didn't use it every day) the whole face moved and rocked back and forth. I'm assuming they reseated the movement/dial face and returned it to me. So do you think this would be something that would be covered under the warranty or being 3 years later has there been too much time gone by?

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR_ View Post
    So after speaking to my Dad over the weekend he reminded me the reason why I returned it to Steinhart in 2016 in the first place. It was returned because when I pulled the crown out to set the time (as I didn't use it every day) the whole face moved and rocked back and forth. I'm assuming they reseated the movement/dial face and returned it to me. So do you think this would be something that would be covered under the warranty or being 3 years later has there been too much time gone by?
    If the warranty was 3 years it's worth a try.

Just postage costs and you may get it repaired for free and returned in a nice box !

Banned
    Let us know how you get on.