closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Purchasing Rolex

Purchasing Rolex

Hello I am thinking of purchasing a 36mm exployer 114270 from an AD it has a Rolex box but no papers ..but it was serviced by Rolex a year ago so has the Rolex service receipt ! , . Bit worried about all the Rolex fakes but presumable having a service receipt with the watch would mean the watch is a good one ? . Any comments from experienced Rolex guys most helpful !
    Many thanks ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Can’t see any need to worry if you’re buying from an AD with recent service papers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Does it have the Rolex service warranty card

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Have not checked ! ... do Rolex supply a new warranty card as well as a service receipt when a older Rolex is serviced ?

Master
    They provide a service credit card which has the warranty for the service printed on it - not a replacement of the original.

If this is from a Rolex AD with that service card, it should be fine

Ok thanks have seen the Rolex service receipt but was only thinking about it at the time! so did not check to see if there is a warrentee card the AD is a very old esblished business which I have known for 35 years so I expect there is one but will check ...when I mentioned to them about fakes they did say that for roughly every Rolex they buy they turn away 3 for various reasons ...

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Buyer beware

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Indeed I am !!

Master
    I wouldn’t consider it being a fake if bought used from an AD let alone with recent service.

I wouldn’t worry.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    No papers means no warranty card. That's the only 'paper' of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchfun1 View Post
    I disagree. Whilst it has the only continuous value, a recent service card can also provide some value and some peace of mind.
    It's just a matter of time...

Yes, on a new(ish) model like this a recent Rolex service & warranty card wouldn't be that far off the value of an identical age/condition piece with original papers but no recent service (last 7-8 yrs). We're not talking about a 5508 here. Buy with confidence, I'd say, just make sure you can't get the exact same piece with original papers and recent service for less money somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchfun1 View Post
    I hear what you are saying but surely on an older Rolex tags papers can be faked anyway ..... but if the watch comes from an AD and has a recent Rolex service receipt surely that is a good indication of authenticity because I assume that any of the Rolex technicians once they had the back off would spot a fake one ..so doesn’t having a Rolex service authenticate the watch ?.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by tazio View Post
    I hear what you are saying but surely on an older Rolex tags papers can be faked anyway ..... but if the watch comes from an AD and has a recent Rolex service receipt surely that is a good indication of authenticity because I assume that any of the Rolex technicians once they had the back off would spot a fake one ..so doesn’t having a Rolex service authenticate the watch ?.

Agree 100%...with an official indication of a Rolex service it really doesn’t matter if there are no original papers, the watch is legit...I did the same with my Dad’s 1980 GMT which he’d lost the papers for, it has a service card with it from 2017 and the ADs I’ve shown it to are perfectly happy to sell it should he ever want to.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app