closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: ECAís Diver the Denise

  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    20

    ECAís Diver the Denise

    I placed a pre-order for the Denise on Tuesday and I have to say I canít stop looking at the pictures.

    This is my third E.C.Andersson so Iím fully aware of the quality of their prices which is amazing but as soon as saw the Denise I was itching again!

    I love the fact that their pieces are different without going too far and they really do have a classic feel. This however is everything i love in a watch, a touch of seventies styling, not too big and for me, orange and black are just perfect colours for an everyday wear diver.

    Itís going to feel like a long wait until July but Iím sure itíll be worth it. Whatís everyoneís opinions?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    62
    You are either a genuine fan of the brand or a shill since all of your five posts since you joined are about ECA. As far as this model, like the case shape and the clasp but not the dial or the bezel.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchfun1 View Post
    You are either a genuine fan of the brand or a shill since all of your five posts since you joined are about ECA. As far as this model, like the case shape and the clasp but not the dial or the bezel.
    I like the dial but can't stand the case shape - those lugs... didn't think they could be so thick and out of place.

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,667
    I wouldnít wear it in a s*** fight. Itís trash.

  5. #5
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchfun1 View Post
    You are either a genuine fan of the brand or a shill since all of your five posts since you joined are about ECA. As far as this model, like the case shape and the clasp but not the dial or the bezel.
    Genuine fan. Other than a Seiko Recraft (which I love) and an Orient which I was given at Christmas, these are the only watches Iíve ordered over the last few months. Apart from the Seiko my collection is all Microbrands which I love. Iíve only sold on one watch which was a Meccaniche Veneziane which I just couldnít get on with. It was a great watch but just wasnít for me.

    Iíve only been collecting for twelve months so Iím still new to a lot of things. The EVAís styling is just something I really like and I honestly thought Iíd never have three of the same brand but theyíve all just ticked my boxes.

    Hereís my modest collection all bought in the last twelve months with the exception of the Accurist (an engagement present which Iíll never part with) and the Apple Watch (bought it the first day they were released as I love my tech too).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    I like the dial but can't stand the case shape - those lugs... didn't think they could be so thick and out of place.
    Weíre all different and this is one thing Iím glad theyíve taken forward from the previous models.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    I think itís looks great. I nearly bought a Caravelle which had a similar shaped case. Iíd be interested to see pics of it when it arrives so Iíll subscribe to this thread!

    Funny how people get all accusations when people dare talk of unusual brands here, accusing people of being a shill for the company etc. As if...

  8. #8
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    I think itís looks great. I nearly bought a Caravelle which had a similar shaped case. Iíd be interested to see pics of it when it arrives so Iíll subscribe to this thread!

    Funny how people get all accusations when people dare talk of unusual brands here, accusing people of being a shill for the company etc. As if...
    Iíll be sure to post plenty of pics once itís arrived.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by ash.bez View Post
    Genuine fan. Other than a Seiko Recraft (which I love) and an Orient which I was given at Christmas, these are the only watches Iíve ordered over the last few months. Apart from the Seiko my collection is all Microbrands which I love. Iíve only sold on one watch which was a Meccaniche Veneziane which I just couldnít get on with. It was a great watch but just wasnít for me.

    Iíve only been collecting for twelve months so Iím still new to a lot of things. The EVAís styling is just something I really like and I honestly thought Iíd never have three of the same brand but theyíve all just ticked my boxes.

    Hereís my modest collection all bought in the last twelve months with the exception of the Accurist (an engagement present which Iíll never part with) and the Apple Watch (bought it the first day they were released as I love my tech too).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fair enough. Enjoy your watches.

  10. #10
    Master Tetlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    1,252
    I was looking at this model the other day after it popped up out of nowhere on a news feed(I think Google). Must say I really like it, if somebody described it I don't think for one second it would appeal but for some reason it just works(for me at least).

    My initial thought was great design but it will be massive, but nope, 40mm.

    I'm not keen on the brand name, or model name for that matter... Denise?!?
    Last edited by Tetlee; 9th February 2019 at 09:08.

  11. #11
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchfun1 View Post
    You are either a genuine fan of the brand or a shill since all of your five posts since you joined are about ECA. As far as this model, like the case shape and the clasp but not the dial or the bezel.
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    I like the dial but can't stand the case shape - those lugs... didn't think they could be so thick and out of place.
    I must say - I like every thing about the watch - other than perhaps the 'N' instead of '30' on the bezel.

    Enjoy your watch ash.bez

  12. #12
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I was looking at this model the other day after it popped up out of nowhere on a news feed(I think Google). Must say I really like it, if somebody described it I don't think for one second it would appeal but for some reason it just works(for me at least).

    My initial thought was great design but it will be massive, but nope, 40mm.

    I'm not keen on the brand name, or model name for that matter... Denise?!?
    The name has come in for some stick, I can only assume it means something to the owner. 40mm is my new sweet spot and I know that their watches are very comfortable from my previous two purchases. Itís different which I like in my watches, Iím not a sub homage man and never will be.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    I must say - I like every thing about the watch - other than perhaps the 'N' instead of '30' on the bezel.

    Enjoy your watch ash.bez
    The N thing does divide opinion but it honestly doesnít bother me. I feel that it suits the watch with it being marketed as a Ďtool watchí. I may actually use it for its real purpose for once as well!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Bridgnorth Shropshire
    Posts
    58
    Just looked it up. Ä945.

    Personally, I hate it!

    But then you shouldnít really have asked what people think. I own several watches and your welcome to hate all mine.

  15. #15
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    Just looked it up. Ä945.

    Personally, I hate it!

    But then you shouldnít really have asked what people think. I own several watches and your welcome to hate all mine.
    Hey, if we all liked the same things then the watch world would be a very boring place. I see that the price is rising which must mean they are selling well?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Bridgnorth Shropshire
    Posts
    58
    According to this website.

    https://www.ecandersson.com/product/denise/

    Prices have dropped from €1130.
    After they sell 5 more the price will be €945.

  17. #17
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    335
    Reminds me a bit of the roger dubuis easy diver.

  18. #18
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    According to this website.

    https://www.ecandersson.com/product/denise/

    Prices have dropped from Ä1130.
    After they sell 5 more the price will be Ä945.
    The price rises every time they sell so many watches. It started at Ä860 and will rise to Ä1,130. Theyíve done it with all their watches. I suppose itís an incentive to get in there early.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    Reminds me a bit of the roger dubuis easy diver.
    I can see small similarities in the case.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by ash.bez View Post
    I can see small similarities in the case.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't.

  21. #21
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I was looking at this model the other day after it popped up out of nowhere on a news feed(I think Google). Must say I really like it, if somebody described it I don't think for one second it would appeal but for some reason it just works(for me at least).

    My initial thought was great design but it will be massive, but nope, 40mm.

    I'm not keen on the brand name, or model name for that matter... Denise?!?
    Theyíve now put an explanation to the name on the website. All makes sense now and I actually think itís a cool way of naming watches.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by ash.bez View Post
    Theyíve now put an explanation to the name on the website. All makes sense now and I actually think itís a cool way of naming watches.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah - I guess that's rather cool 👍

  23. #23
    I think its a great looking piece. Not sure about the southern 'N' though. Seems to almost contradict the practical design.

  24. #24
    Craftsman bedlam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fremantle, Western Australia (GMT +8)
    Posts
    998
    I really quite like the watch but why oh-why can't people do an ISO compliant dive bezel?

  25. #25
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,516
    I think it looks quite good as well. But they should spell Jacques Cousteauís name properly if they are going to name watches after him.

    Like many I used to love the documentary films he made. There is an interesting review of the watches he and his team wore here:

    http://monochrome-watches.com/couste...o-team-part-2/

  26. #26
    Master wildheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex - Hopefully on a golf course!
    Posts
    7,329
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I think it looks quite good as well. But they should spell Jacques Cousteauís name properly if they are going to name watches after him.

    Like many I used to love the documentary films he made. There is an interesting review of the watches he and his team wore here:

    http://monochrome-watches.com/couste...o-team-part-2/
    What a great read, many thanks for that

  27. #27
    Love the dial ..but not sure how comfortable those thick straight lugs will be to wear ......


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by tazio View Post
    Love the dial ..but not sure how comfortable those thick straight lugs will be to wear ......


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Looking at the lugs compared to my other ECA it seems that they adopted the same tapered lugs. The Arctic is one of, if not my most comfortable watch and I think itís down to these little tapers. The bracelet fits perfectly as it follows the line wrist as soon as it leaves the lugs.

    I have some straight lug watches and they arenít anywhere as comfortable. My Scorpionfish looks amazing but the straight lugs make it wear big and thereís a gap between the lugs and wrist due to them being straight.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #29
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    132
    I like this one a lot, itís good to see a small brand with the confidence to keep a strong design language consistent in its range. Although ECA havenít yet made a watch I want to buy, I suspect it wonít be long before they do.

  30. #30
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    269
    Fratello published an article on this watch today: https://www.fratellowatches.com/e-c-...27a5-123702163

    The case reminds me of this Zenith which I think is wonderful:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •