closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help needed - replacement stylus

Help needed - replacement stylus

I need to replace the stylus on our record player; not exactly high end stuff but last time I looked (admittedly several months ago) online I disappeared down a rabbit hole on various hi-fi forums and couldn't really get to a simple answer. This is the record player in question:

Can somebody provide a link to a stylus that I can either buy online or attempt to source locally?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    I'm sure someone like Rod will be along in a while and will be able to give some good advice.

Also worth searching on here for some past threads just to get an idea. Like this one - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ghlight=stylus

Found this on Vinyl Engine - https://www.vinylengine.com/turntabl...p?f=19&t=90133

Needle Doctor might be worth a go as well.
    Last edited by bambam; 8th February 2019 at 19:39.

Grand Master
    Suggest you drop Rod a PM. He gave me some good advice last year when I recomissioned my turntable.

I have a Goldring 1022 cartridge on my Thorens deck and I’m very impressed. Unfortunately cartridges and replacement stylus (stylii) are not cheap thesedays, I got a shock when I saw the prices.

How about:

PhonoPhono
    Bergmannstr. 17, 10961 Berlin
    www.phonophono.de/phono/tonabnehmer/denon.html

Otherwise:

Then I go to thinking that you're after a stylus rather than a cartridge, so...https://shop.mantra-audio.co.uk/acatalog/Styli.html?

Or... HHV Grünberger Straße 54 10245 Berlin www.hhv.de/shop/en/styluses/p:QSUNhb?

Online...www.thakker.eu/en/replacement-stylus?

Thanks very much for the responses; I'll drop Rod a PM to see if he has any insight but otherwise there's probably enough to go on.

Bob, thanks for the links to the HiFi shops in Berlin; I'm aware of at least one of them. Rightly or wrongly I'll admit to be wary of going into a high-end HiFi dealer with my rather limited (read zero) knowledge and given this deck isn't really high end at all. Given the chances of me cocking it up the distance-selling terms are a little attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post

Rightly or wrongly I'll admit to be wary of going into a high-end HiFi dealer with my rather limited (read zero) knowledge and given this deck isn't really high end at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post

^^^^^ just watched this, still very funny. I've PM'd Alan our man in Berlin with some advice.

Nice deck Carlton, I bought a new PD290 a long time ago, its still owned by a mate and going strong.

Thank you all. Based on Rod's very helpful device I've placed an order with a German online retailer and hopefully I can't completely feck up the installation when it arrives.

Grand Master
    On this subject can Rod or anyone recommend a Linn K9 equivalent that is similar quality but reasonably priced? Options seem all over the place! Currently using an AT 110E but not entirely happy with it, Linn Axis, Basik Plus arm. Still got 2 k9’s but need either a decent generic stylus to fit it a new cart that will do it justice without breaking the bank too much.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    On this subject can Rod or anyone recommend a Linn K9 equivalent that is similar quality but reasonably priced? Options seem all over the place! Currently using an AT 110E but not entirely happy with it, Linn Axis, Basik Plus arm. Still got 2 k9’s but need either a decent generic stylus to fit it a new cart that will do it justice without breaking the bank too much.
    Hi, actually the stylus for the K9 is now discontinued but the Audio Technica ATN95E stylus will fit and work but will look a little odd.
    As an upgrade take a look at the Audio Technica AT-VM95EN maybe a tad under £100.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Hi, actually the stylus for the K9 is now discontinued but the Audio Technica ATN95E stylus will fit and work but will look a little odd.
    As an upgrade take a look at the Audio Technica AT-VM95EN maybe a tad under £100.
    c
    cheers rod!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I used to have a Luxman air driven deck, the standard arm took a Nagaoka boron Np11 or a Sure V15/3, these are cartridges not just a stylus
    Last edited by adrianw; 11th February 2019 at 07:40.

Question for Rod, do you stock Ayushi?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Question for Rod, do you stock Ayushi?

Or indeed this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxQqWSnsHoA