closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: UFO sightings..... discuss

It is incredibly arrogant for us to think we are the only complex life in the Universe - especially considering it may be infinite and eternal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    IF you had started an experiment to create life wouldn't you come back and look in on it every so often, maybe even let the primitives catch a glimpse of something to gauge their reactions, perhaps begin the process of familiarising them with the possibility/ probability that there is more than they know...
    Well that's one way of looking at it.

Saw this earlier today........

An alien reported back to his superior that Earth now had nuclear weapons. His superior asked whether he thought Earthlings posed a threat? He replied "They aren't very smart. They are pointing them at each other."
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    George Knapp again. He pops up on every UFO show around.

If these UFO's are from advanced alien technology how come they are easily seen and picked up on radar? Have they not heard of cloaking devices?

Stealth technology is pretty old hat here.
    The thing I saw was sort of stealth. I was certainly non reflective. What ever it was made out of did not look metallic. It moved at a phenomenal speed, without a sound. That was 24 years ago and I can still remember the details. Never come across anything remotely like it, probably never will?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    The thing I saw was sort of stealth. I was certainly non reflective. What ever it was made out of did not look metallic. It moved at a phenomenal speed, without a sound. That was 24 years ago and I can still remember the details. Never come across anything remotely like it, probably never will?
    Was it in daylight that you saw it?

Blog Entries
    “This week, some lawmakers received a peek at a 'sensitive compartmented information facility,' or SCIF, but wouldn't say what they saw inside”
    The plot thickens...(yes I know it’s in the Mail, but facts nonetheless)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-briefing.html

UFO sightings..... discuss

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    “This week, some lawmakers received a peek at a 'sensitive compartmented information facility,' or SCIF, but wouldn't say what they saw inside”
    The plot thickens...(yes I know it’s in the Mail, but facts nonetheless)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-briefing.html
    Love that; the Americans see it as a threat, but only to NATIONAL security.

Have they learned nothing from Independence Day FFS?
    Last edited by Dave+63; 17th June 2021 at 08:55.

I am now really curious - what could they have been shown inside this secure facility?

A total guess, but it must have been something recovered or an artefact of unknown origin, surely?

Or, maybe something captured from the Russians or Chinese? But bizarrely that seems a little less likely in this context.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I am now really curious - what could they have been shown inside this secure facility?

A total guess, but it must have been something recovered or an artefact of unknown origin, surely?

Or, maybe something captured from the Russians or Chinese? But bizarrely that seems a little less likely in this context.
    Apparently......

"A SCIF, or Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility, is a secure place where sensitive information can be viewed and discussed to prevent outside surveillance or spying.

SCIFs can be either permanent or temporary when lawmakers or military officials need to be briefed while traveling. The most famous SCIF is probably the White House situation room, where presidents have deliberated the country’s most important military and foreign policy decisions."
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ses-it-n743991

However, it still seems as though whatever they were viewing wasn't going to be part of the info being released in the near future.

They will have just been talking about a 'vault'...somewhere a secure discussion can occur that is strictly not allowed outside the vault.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    It is incredibly arrogant for us to think we are the only complex life in the Universe - especially considering it may be infinite and eternal.
    ... and take into account that nobody fully understands or has actually seen 'dark matter' which likely comprises 85% of the Universe
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    I was watching a programme presented by Brian Cox the other day; he stated that scientists believe that our galaxy contains 30 billion earth like planets so that would indicate that intelligent life is very likely.

He then countered that argument by stating that all life on the planet contains cells with a nucleus which can only be the result of two cells merging and surviving together. This is so rare that it has only occurred once in the history of the planet and all complex life is descended from this one cell.

This makes the likelihood of life on other planets incredibly remote even though there are so many other planets. That’s not saying that it can’t happen, have happened in the past or will happen in the future (remember life on this planet is a blink of an eye in the time that the universe has been in existence), just the it’s very unlikely.

It is entirely possible that we are absolutely alone in the universe, both now and for all of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    They will have just been talking about a 'vault'...somewhere a secure discussion can occur that is strictly not allowed outside the vault.
    I'm sure.

However it won't stop UFO fans speculating that they were taken to area 51 and shown a flying saucer captured intact complete with aliens, dead or alive.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I was watching a programme presented by Brian Cox the other day; he stated that scientists believe that our galaxy contains 30 billion earth like planets so that would indicate that intelligent life is very likely.

He then countered that argument by stating that all life on the planet contains cells with a nucleus which can only be the result of two cells merging and surviving together. This is so rare that it has only occurred once in the history of the planet and all complex life is descended from this one cell.

This makes the likelihood of life on other planets incredibly remote even though there are so many other planets. That’s not saying that it can’t happen, have happened in the past or will happen in the future (remember life on this planet is a blink of an eye in the time that the universe has been in existence), just the it’s very unlikely.

It is entirely possible that we are absolutely alone in the universe, both now and for all of time.
    He's excellent.

You're right that he thinks it's rare. Also he discusses at length the strange set up of our solar system. When they model it, it usually has the gas giants further in.

Jupiter came in, cleared the area for us then Saturn pulled it out IIRC.

Nevertheless, the numbers are so large that even if it is rare, it's still likely considering the estimated number of Earth-like planets in the MW alone (I have forgotten how many).

Given the incredible chance of life developing on our planet, the way we have evolved to our current pinnacle, balanced against the extremely brief time of our planet's existence in the cosmic scale of things, I feel it's best not to waste this precious time pondering this existence and just drink beer and enjoy the short flicker that is our individual life here. Bottoms up!

F.T.F.A.

^Carl Sagan would agree. Well, not beer. Something else. But the idea is similar.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I'm sure.

However it won't stop UFO fans speculating that they were taken to area 51 and shown a flying saucer captured intact complete with aliens, dead or alive.
    More likely more unseen footage and military reports I would think.

More likely more unseen footage and military reports I would think.
    Probably right, but begs the question as to why the stuff is so sensitive it has to be discussed in a sealed box...

Blog Entries
    Probably right, but begs the question as to why the stuff is so sensitive it has to be discussed in a sealed box...
    True.

Although admitting that someone or something is running rings around your latest, state of the art fighter jets is pretty sensitive I suppose. Also, claims that US ICBMs have been 'taken offline' would also be pretty scary if true.

When all's said and done I don't think the 'it's a weather balloon' answer will cut it now!

One of the main problems in discussing this topic is the polarisation of views between the die hard debunkers who wouldn’t believe in Extraterrestrial Visitation even if a craft landed on The White House lawn and the die hard believers who see cosmic conspiracies everywhere regarding the Roswell crash, Majestic 12 etc. There seems to be little open mindedness on the issue and any evidence of any kind that emerges is simply used by these people to reinforce their own agendas.

Therefore, I was very surprised when trawling Quora recently to see a paper from a respected peer-reviewed scientific journal about the flight characteristics of UAVs that very much keeps an open mind on the issue. Incidents discussed include the 2004 USS Nimitz and USS Princeton sightings, a video of which have been doing the rounds for a few years on the internet and in the news, along with more recent US Navy Carrier Strike Group sightings (the latest sightings don’t feature in the 2019 article). The paper also covers other high quality incidents where visual sighting by pilots (highly trained observers) is backed by by radar tracking and in some cases IR too:

https://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/21/10/939 (https://doi.org/10.3390/e21100939)

Food for thought?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    One of the main problems in discussing this topic is the polarisation of views between the die hard debunkers who wouldn’t believe in Extraterrestrial Visitation even if a craft landed on The White House lawn and the die hard believers who see cosmic conspiracies everywhere regarding the Roswell crash, Majestic 12 etc. There seems to be little open mindedness on the issue and any evidence of any kind that emerges is simply used by these people to reinforce their own agendas.

Therefore, I was very surprised when trawling Quora recently to see a paper from a respected peer-reviewed scientific journal about the flight characteristics of UAVs that very much keeps an open mind on the issue. Incidents discussed include the 2004 USS Nimitz and USS Princeton sightings, a video of which have been doing the rounds for a few years on the internet and in the news, along with more recent US Navy Carrier Strike Group sightings (the latest sightings don’t feature in the 2019 article). The paper also covers other high quality incidents where visual sighting by pilots (highly trained observers) is backed by by radar tracking and in some cases IR too:

https://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/21/10/939 (https://doi.org/10.3390/e21100939)

Food for thought?
    I agree with you regarding the polarisation of views, although I feel like I have a foot in both camps. I find recent releases of video and radar tracking by the military interesting, because the systems and people involved give an air of authenticity to the events happening. As to what is causing these 'anomalies', well that's the 64 dollar question.
    Your link is a very interesting article when read in full, thanks for that.

No release so far...

But this story today:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techa...out&li=AAnZ9Ug

Hmm... the Ufologist sees an alien spacecraft, I just see a rock. Am I missing something?

Master
    No release so far...

But this story today:

Hmm... the Ufologist sees an alien spacecraft, I just see a rock. Am I missing something?
    Nope: but it looks like he's missing any grip on reality, any balanced assessment of the likelihood of alien life forms vs. the impact of human pareidolia, and any grasp of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
    Last edited by drmarkf; 23rd June 2021 at 18:34.

Blog Entries
    No release so far...

But this story today:

I think at that distance and resolution I'd be hard pushed to say what it was.

No release so far...

But this story today:

It's a rock but these UFO fans will make a space craft or alien out of anything.

Remember the face on Mars.

Cheers,
    Neil.

No release so far...

But this story today:

an interesting read , so the aliens possess the technology to cross vast distances in space but micro metorites are still posing problems :)

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    an interesting read , so the aliens possess the technology to cross vast distances in space but micro metorites are still posing problems :)
    It’s the alien equivalent of leaves on the line or the wrong type of snow!

I suspect there is a fair bit of desensitisation going on prior to the news about the true nature of extra terrestrial visits becoming made known more widely. So the authorities are leaking bits of info to see how the public react

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I suspect there is a fair bit of desensitisation going on prior to the news about the true nature of extra terrestrial visits becoming made known more widely. So the authorities are leaking bits of info to see how the public react

Given we've just been through a pandemic, I hope the public reponse would be pragmatic, but I have a strong fear it wouldn't be...

Out of interest, what do you think is "the true nature of extra-terrestrial visits"?

Blog Entries
    Perhaps the scariest scenario, given that the US military is releasing footage previously unseen, is that they just don't know what they are, or what they want.

Perhaps the scariest scenario, given that the US military is releasing footage previously unseen, is that they just don't know what they are, or what they want.
    i'd say this is all that will be released > 'there is stuff out there and we dont know what it is' - perhaps they are trying the local police tactics of asking the public wtf is going on - it doesnt mean its aliens, extra dimentional beings or gandalf on a magic carpet.

Ok...so all those who thought they wouldn't know what they are, looks like you were right:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57619755

The Universe as 'seen and experienced' by us mere mortals comprises 'visible matter' which is approximately 5% (ish) of what has been 'measured' as being the whole universe ... the other 95% (ish) comprises 68% dark energy and 27% dark matter ... neither of which we mere earthlings
    can see / measure directly ... but we have proved its existence by scientists' "sums" not adding up or reconciling when observing e.g. the rotation of galaxies. Until we understand much more about dark matter and can identify and measure and somehow 'see' "it", and its effects on visible matter, any speculative theories about alleged UFOs could be 'pie in the sky'. Dark matter and dark energy is all around us and likely constantly passing through our bodies and all other visible matter ... and nobody really knows or understands what effects they have on visible / measurable matter ... including ourselves. Some might even speculate that there could be 'life forms' in dark matter.

Master
    It is an interesting report though.

It confirms that the sightings were likely to be real as they were visible on different sensor types ; not sure if they were ever actually eyeballed or just on FLIR and Radar . Which could still suggest sensor artefacts . They mention them moving against the prevailing winds though .

It states that they are unlikely its advanced technology from a “foreign adversary” given current intelligence.

Acknowledges they represent a potential threat to air safety and national security .

They basically say they believe its a real measurable phenomenon , beyond known terrestrial technology , they don’t know what it is currently but don’t rule out an extraterrestrial possibility.

Really quite interesting . Tangentally nothing about them obviously breaks our known laws of physics but they are seriously beyond our current technological capabilities .

They don’t care to fully stealth themselves from something as simple as radar and IR whilst buzzing military installations and carrier groups and possibly anecdotally nuclear power stations and missile silos is worrying . We are actually capable of that level of stealthy surveillance with something as mundane as a satellite or a U2 spy plane from the 50s.

So either they are harmless translucent sky amoeba ; its possible , we’ve only been flying for 100 years , radar and IR have been around for even less time than that .

Or they couldn’t care less if we spot them , they must know we can spot them given their habit of hanging around examples of our most advanced technologies and yet hold us in so little regard they don’t see fit to announce themselves beforehand .

That is worrying enough by itself . I hope no one decides to see if a missile can intercept one.

Its also interesting how little interest the general public is showing . Even people who have read the report are just shrugging their shoulders and saying “yeah its the aliens” and dismissing it.

It has significant implications regardless. Even if its just harmless skywhales.

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    The Universe as 'seen and experienced' by us mere mortals comprises 'visible matter' which is approximately 5% (ish) of what has been 'measured' as being the whole universe ... the other 95% (ish) comprises 68% dark energy and 27% dark matter ... neither of which we mere earthlings
    can see / measure directly ... but we have proved its existence by scientists' "sums" not adding up or reconciling when observing e.g. the rotation of galaxies. Until we understand much more about dark matter and can identify and measure and somehow 'see' "it", and its effects on visible matter, any speculative theories about alleged UFOs could be 'pie in the sky'. Dark matter and dark energy is all around us and likely constantly passing through our bodies and all other visible matter ... and nobody really knows or understands what effects they have on visible / measurable matter ... including ourselves. Some might even speculate that there could be 'life forms' in dark matter.
    Never really understood the difference between dark energy and dark matter - thought matter and energy were equivalent. For example, why is there no 'visible'/normal energy in your figure of 5%?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Never really understood the difference between dark energy and dark matter - thought matter and energy were equivalent. For example, why is there no 'visible'/normal energy in your figure of 5%?
    "More is unknown than known' ... as per https://science.nasa.gov/astrophysic...is-dark-energy ... and it's not 'my' 5% . I keep an open mind but aware that new space telescopes (e.g. James Webb telescope) will further our knowledge of both dark energy and dark matter

Blog Entries
    Ok...so all those who thought they wouldn't know what they are, looks like you were right:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57619755
    Reads like a cover up to me. In this day and age they can't capture better images? Seems even more far fetched than the little green men.

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    "More is unknown than known' ... as per https://science.nasa.gov/astrophysic...is-dark-energy ... and it's not 'my' 5% . I keep an open mind but aware that new space telescopes (e.g. James Webb telescope) will further our knowledge of both dark energy and dark matter
    Thanks, I'll have a read of that. Realise not your 5%, just that you quoted it (as does everyone else!).

Blog Entries
    Saw this comment on You Tube!

Unclassified report: We don’t know if aliens exist.
    Classified report: Aliens exist.

Master
    Well regardless something very unusual us going on.

1. Big invisible sky jelly creatures … very cool and interesting . Unlikely but not impossible.

2. Secret tech from the US and its all a smokescreen , why bother with the report n the first place and why bother buzzing their own forces.

2. Secret technologically advanced terrestrial faction or species from somewhere hithertoo unknown ; maybe undersea . Unlikely to impossible ; we’d have seen something by now.

3. Secret Russian or Chinese technology ; unlikely why keep it secret , show of force ; Putin is already bragging about his nuclear powered hypersonic strike weapon and pulse jet torpedoes without showing anything real. The Chinese struggle to build anything that matches last gens strike aircraft or carriers .

4. Extradimensional probes. Unknown although translation in 4 dimensions might explain the odd flight behavior.

5. Time travellers from the future. Unknown. ( might also amount to the same thing as 4. Essentially)

6. Extraterrestrial probes . Unknown .

All quite interesting possibilities. 6 and 1seem most likely .

Yes, most likely 'big invisible sky jelly creatures'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    It is an interesting report though.

It confirms that the sightings were likely to be real as they were visible on different sensor types ; not sure if they were ever actually eyeballed or just on FLIR and Radar . Which could still suggest sensor artefacts . They mention them moving against the prevailing winds though .

It states that they are unlikely its advanced technology from a “foreign adversary” given current intelligence.

Acknowledges they represent a potential threat to air safety and national security .

They basically say they believe its a real measurable phenomenon , beyond known terrestrial technology , they don’t know what it is currently but don’t rule out an extraterrestrial possibility.

Really quite interesting . Tangentally nothing about them obviously breaks our known laws of physics but they are seriously beyond our current technological capabilities .

They don’t care to fully stealth themselves from something as simple as radar and IR whilst buzzing military installations and carrier groups and possibly anecdotally nuclear power stations and missile silos is worrying . We are actually capable of that level of stealthy surveillance with something as mundane as a satellite or a U2 spy plane from the 50s.

So either they are harmless translucent sky amoeba ; its possible , we’ve only been flying for 100 years , radar and IR have been around for even less time than that .

Or they couldn’t care less if we spot them , they must know we can spot them given their habit of hanging around examples of our most advanced technologies and yet hold us in so little regard they don’t see fit to announce themselves beforehand .

That is worrying enough by itself . I hope no one decides to see if a missile can intercept one.

Its also interesting how little interest the general public is showing . Even people who have read the report are just shrugging their shoulders and saying “yeah its the aliens” and dismissing it.

It has significant implications regardless. Even if its just harmless skywhales.

A good post.

Essentially, it breaks down like this as I see it, if we accept that the report is basically factual and honest:

1 These objects are solid and therefore "real" because they can not only be seen, but also register on multiple sophisticated sensors.
    2 These objects behave in a manner, and with characteristics and performance that are beyond not only our current technology, but also currently beyond our ability to hypothesise with any credibility.
    3 These objects seem to behave as if under the control of some kind of intelligence, because not only do they manoeuvre in a non-random manner, but they appear to focus on sites that have a particular military or intelligence significance.
    4 These objects appear to be able to influence the environment (including some of our technology) around them in a non-random manner.
    5 These objects are comparatively common, and have a global presence.

Ok, so time for a bit of Occam's razor:

1 - They are real and exist.
    2 - Humankind does not currently possess the technology to replicate their flight characteristics and capabilities in any way at all. Not even close. There is no credible arguement that any nation on Earth has this degree of technological advance over the others.
    3 - They exhibit intelligence, but the nature of it is unclear to humans.
    4 - There is a purpose to their activities.
    5 - They are a regular feature of this planet and presence here.

Conclusion:

These UAPs are proof of an advanced intelligence and technology at work, able to access our airspace at will, without fear of reprisal or concern of being detected. Their presence could be, and probably should be assumed to be a potential threat to safety, although there is so far no example of directly hostile intent. This suggests they may be operating in some kind of research capacity (or are even intergalactic playboys on a fun night out!).

However, there is no proof that these are from another part of the galaxy, they could just as easily be manifestations of intelligences from other dimensions.

The one thing that is clear though, is that they aren't made by humans in the year 2021, and they do represent capabilities far in advance of our own at this time.

Please, do challenge or counter any of the above!

A good post.

Essentially, it breaks down like this as I see it, if we accept that the report is basically factual and honest:

1 These objects are solid and therefore "real" because they can not only be seen, but also register on multiple sophisticated sensors.
    2 These objects behave in a manner, and with characteristics and performance that are beyond not only our current technology, but also currently beyond our ability to hypothesise with any credibility.
    3 These objects seem to behave as if under the control of some kind of intelligence, because not only do they manoeuvre in a non-random manner, but they appear to focus on sites that have a particular military or intelligence significance.
    4 These objects appear to be able to influence the environment (including some of our technology) around them in a non-random manner.
    5 These objects are comparatively common, and have a global presence.

Ok, so time for a bit of Occam's razor:

1 - They are real and exist.
    2 - Humankind does not currently possess the technology to replicate their flight characteristics and capabilities in any way at all. Not even close. There is no credible arguement that any nation on Earth has this degree of technological advance over the others.
    3 - They exhibit intelligence, but the nature of it is unclear to humans.
    4 - There is a purpose to their activities.
    5 - They are a regular feature of this planet and presence here.

Conclusion:

These UAPs are proof of an advanced intelligence and technology at work, able to access our airspace at will, without fear of reprisal or concern of being detected. Their presence could be, and probably should be assumed to be a potential threat to safety, although there is so far no example of directly hostile intent. This suggests they may be operating in some kind of research capacity (or are even intergalactic playboys on a fun night out!).

However, there is no proof that these are from another part of the galaxy, they could just as easily be manifestations of intelligences from other dimensions.

The one thing that is clear though, is that they aren't made by humans in the year 2021, and they do represent capabilities far in advance of our own at this time.

Nope, can't counter or challenge if I wanted to, yours is the only reasonable conclusion given what we do know.
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 26th June 2021 at 19:14.

The earth is flat, not a sphere, not spinning at 1000mph. So what are UFO’s

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Conclusion:

Don't see that they 'could just as easily be manifestations of intelligences from other dimensions'. Whilst we could potentially send probes to elsewhere in our galaxy using evolving technology within a few hundred years but move into other dimensions, what's the physics behind that?

I think this is why we are going to be drip-fed information;

1. the US government is compartmentalized and insanely bureaucratic. Most of the government doesn't have a clue about UFOS.

2. Those in the government who do know, know enough that full blown disclosure might bring about a bit of chaos and uncertainty in our society. Probably only short-term, I think we'll adjust just fine to the reality of it in the long-term.

3. The fallout they will face when we find out they've been sitting on this shit for over 70 years and extensively lied to us.

4. It's becoming clear that they can't hide this anymore so they are spoon feeding us to mitigate the damage. We are in the middle of disclosure right now and it's going to be a long road.

Disclaimer: just my opinion. That being said a fair bit of info is available now from commercial satellites which are able to detect the atmospheric pressure changes within these UAPs. The military no longer has the technological superiority - private enterprise has it and more and more likelihood of private full disclosure.

BTW more evidence will be presented on tuesday on Fox

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Another video of a different 'tic-tac'

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cE-Yrv...ature=youtu.be

For what it is worth I believe that these UAPs are drones searching for A.I.

I don't believe they have any intention to communicate at this stage and if they wanted to destroy the planet they'd have done it by now.

Master
    Another video of a different 'tic-tac'

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cE-Yrv...ature=youtu.be

This seems fake to me . Too conveniently staged , dynamic range on the tic tac is too low and flat , bet the motionblur is too much for the framerate . Turning it back into raw is easy enough .

And yes I’ve done this for a living for 27 years.

Master

BTW more evidence will be presented on tuesday on Fox
    IMHO I accept absolutely nothing whatsoever on Fox as evidence.
    YMMD, of course.

I think it's clear they are HERE, and sowing quasi-human "pods" to replace us and conquer Planet Earth. Their first infiltration was at Fox News.