closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: UFO sightings..... discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    The concept of "before" the Big Bang lacks merit because time did not exist. What's north of the North Pole?
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    The concept of "before" the Big Bang lacks merit because time did not exist. What's north of the North Pole?

Nothing is north of the magnetic North Pole - everything is south. However you can still go up.

The theory of the Big Bang is based upon the historical background radiation which shows the point at which it occurred. However now imagine that the Big Bang was simply so massive that it simply “over-wrote” all pre-existing radiation. So for example a pre-existing universe contracting to a single point, which ultimately resulted in the bang - effectively an Alt Cont Del.

You have no more evidence that time did not exist before the Big Bang, much in the way i have no evidence that it did. However because you cannot see it doesn’t mean it never existed.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-time-2006-02/

And that’s before you consider the 5th to 10th dimensions.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Posted on YT on May 6th. US Space Force now recruiting...

Blog Entries
    We need more Von Daniken theories, he must have found some more since 1968! Anyone kept up with it? You can tell us.........
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    And where is the balloon?
    The skin of the balloon is the universe. The space inside the balloon doesn’t exist , the space outside also doesn’t exist . Imagine a 2d plane expanding constantly . Then imagine a 3d surface also expanding constantly ... thats a sphere . Its an expanding 3dimensional membrane . It also explains why if you travel in the same direction long enough you’ll come back to where you started.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    The skin of the balloon is the universe. The space inside the balloon doesn’t exist , the space outside also doesn’t exist . Imagine a 2d plane expanding constantly . Then imagine a 3d surface also expanding constantly ... thats a sphere . Its an expanding 3dimensional membrane . It also explains why if you travel in the same direction long enough you’ll come back to where you started.
    So if the space inside and outside the ballon doesn't exist, where was the matter which formed the balloon before the Big Bang? It must have been somewhere if it existed.

Blog Entries
    We need more Von Daniken theories, he must have found some more since 1968! Anyone kept up with it? You can tell us.........
    Still waiting. Someone must know a bit about it.

There's some utter $h1te getting spouted on here.
    I know it's lockdown time and all that but go walk round the garden, clear your heads, please, it will benefit you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    There's some utter $h1te getting spouted on here.
    I know it's lockdown time and all that but go walk round the garden, clear your heads, please, it will benefit you.
    Why don't you simply ignore the threads you don't like. And allow those who do like them to enjoy them. Would it hurt you that much. Or do we need your approval for every thread. Perhaps spend a bit more time in the bear pit.

Why don't you simply ignore the threads you don't like. And allow those who do like them to enjoy them. Would it hurt you that much. Or do we need your approval for every thread. Perhaps spend a bit more time in the bear pit.
    I really do try to but now and again, I'm not strong enough to do so, I'm weak and I find myself having to comment on some.

Given that it's a discussion forum for people to offer their opinions on a whole variety of topics, you've simply read an opinion of mine, as I did.

I'm sorry that given my comment/opinion had no pointer specifically to anything you said, but I do note that you personalised your reply to me direct.

I spend a fair amount of time in the Bear Pit but thanks for your recommendation which, I know you'll be pleased, that if I need it ever again, I'll be sure to cahse you down and get your approval.

Have a lovely evening now Darling won't you.... mwah mwah mwah

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I really do try to but now and again, I'm not strong enough to do so, I'm weak and I find myself having to comment on some.

Given that it's a discussion forum for people to offer their opinions on a whole variety of topics, you've simply read an opinion of mine, as I did.

Nail head there....

I'm sorry that given my comment/opinion had no pointer specifically to anything you said, but I do note that you personalised your reply to me direct.

Well I was replying to your post, so it would have to wouldn't it? It wasn't personal apart from that.

I spend a fair amount of time in the Bear Pit but thanks for your recommendation which, I know you'll be pleased, that if I need it ever again, I'll be sure to cahse you down and get your approval.

Have a lovely evening now Darling won't you.... mwah mwah mwah

Toodle pip.

So either way it's expanding 'into' something, even if it's an empty space. So what's beyond that?
    Nothing, less than nothing ... current theories (which are reasonably well accepted) suggest there is no “space” outside our universe, the concept is meaningless, “space“ is inside the universe and the universe itself is expanding.

Master
    So if the space inside and outside the ballon doesn't exist, where was the matter which formed the balloon before the Big Bang? It must have been somewhere if it existed.
    Singularity

Craftsman
    2006, was working night shift in the Kill Van Kull which is a stretch of water that separates Staten Island and Bayonne which leads to Newark Container Port. Must have been around 2 in the morning when I noticed something in the sky out past the Verrazano Bridge, was a tubular shape, hovered in the air for about 10 seconds then shot out to sea at a speed I’ve never seen before then disappeared. Spooked me, asked people at work if they had seen it but nobody had.

I'm a bit late to this party, and I am acting uncharacteristically when I act the grammar pedant:

but the OP has spelt discus wrongly in the title.

Recent hypotheses suggest that space is an emergent and a persistent illusion (see Do-brane theories). This would explain the non-local 'action at a distance' phenomena as seen, for example, in particle entanglement experiments. Time is considered to be fundamental.

It is suggested that, in a deeper reality, everything is in the same place. Now 'all' we need to do is develop technology to access this deeper reality and we can get to anywhere in this illusory space instantly (action at a distance).

Perhaps some Alien civilizations have learnt how to access and exploit this deeper reality. If so, travel throughout the multiverse would be a trivial undertaking.

And Bob's your Uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha4 View Post
    Recent hypotheses suggest that space is an emergent and a persistent illusion (see Do-brane theories). This would explain the non-local 'action at a distance' phenomena as seen, for example, in particle entanglement experiments. Time is considered to be fundamental.

It is suggested that, in a deeper reality, everything is in the same place. Now 'all' we need to do is develop technology to access this deeper reality and we can get to anywhere in this illusory space instantly (action at a distance).

Perhaps some Alien civilizations have learnt how to access and exploit this deeper reality. If so, travel throughout the multiverse would be a trivial undertaking.

And Bob's your Uncle.
    Sounds good, maybe we don't require technology so much as a source of 'spice'.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Gabrielle Drake = Mega Babe !!!

And Bob's your Uncle.
    If Tesla could get the rain sensor working properly on my Car before they start working on this I'd be grateful

Master

And Bob's your Uncle.
    Alice is your auntie and BB84 is your protocol.

We don’t need to understand it to use it - from what I am seeing our oriental friends have adopted the eolithic approach to fire "who gives a monkey's it's warm and I'm cold".

They are currently running effective “84 like” entanglement secured protocols over channels at the 15km distance.

We also know that quantum tunnelling happens and it is embedded in our knowledge of semiconductor circuitry.
    Bottom up; Just do it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I’ve blown up the image. Am I missing something?

It looks like one of my lume shots.
    Lens flare.

Blog Entries
    Does anyone think that recent admissions from the USA from pilots and other sources including the military themselves, seem to have a different nuance to them?

This story always intrigued me:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-27391210

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post

Accidental double exposure, probably after loading film and winding on to make sure loaded properly. What looks like a "spaceman" is someone with his back to the camera, right arm bent, there's a small cloud in the actual exposure that's behind the figure's head giving the appearance of a light coloured helmet. The other possibility is that it's an actual spaceman who walked into the shot without anyone noticing him and then scarpered without anyone noticing him.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    So I’ve watched a couple of interesting documentaries regards UFOs

Not just the freak geek types, American pilots, military etc

Is anybody into that sort of thing? Or willing to admit it?

I love to see the spoofs debugged, but clearly, some are unexplained
    Maybe some information is going to be released soon......

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ig-ncna1268222

https://www.space.com/ufo-report-mil...ess-next-month

If anyone heard Prof. Brian Cox on Shaun Keeveny’s show on Radio 6 this week - Thurs I think - they touched on the topic and he summed it up very well. It’s on i player, worth a few mins listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only UFO`s are militarys farting around with stuff

Master
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6tDHZj5q5Q

Even scientists are having doubts

These objects are more than likely unmanned drones, sent ahead of the manned (aliened?) flotilla. I strongly suspect the unmanned craft are looking for a Rolex A.D. who'll accept an order for a stainless sports watch and guarantee delivery before the fleet arrives in a couple of thousand years.

Cocoon 3: The Second Return. Come back to pick up both Biden and Trump.

Blog Entries
    God's an Astronaut. Oz is Over the Rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Accidental double exposure, probably after loading film and winding on to make sure loaded properly. What looks like a "spaceman" is someone with his back to the camera, right arm bent, there's a small cloud in the actual exposure that's behind the figure's head giving the appearance of a light coloured helmet. The other possibility is that it's an actual spaceman who walked into the shot without anyone noticing him and then scarpered without anyone noticing him.
    I recall this was analysed and there is another photo taken at the same time from a different angle showing the girl's mother wearing clothing not too dissimilar to what the "spaceman" is wearing .

The mystery photograph seems to be completely normal and is just the mother standing behind with her back to the camera and out of focus.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeveal View Post
    These objects are more than likely unmanned drones, sent ahead of the manned (aliened?) flotilla. I strongly suspect the unmanned craft are looking for a Rolex A.D. who'll accept an order for a stainless sports watch and guarantee delivery before the fleet arrives in a couple of thousand years.
    I strongly suspect the FLIR footage is just a sensor glitch or flare inside the imaging system , it just looks like an internal artefact rather than something in front of a camera.

I also think the aviators involved are having a whale of a time milking it for all they can whether for money or just the fun ...possibly both.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    I recall this was analysed and there is another photo taken at the same time from a different angle showing the girl's mother wearing clothing not too dissimilar to what the "spaceman" is wearing .

The mystery photograph seems to be completely normal and is just the mother standing behind with her back to the camera and out of focus.
    Ha! I wasn't aware of that, and it makes the "mystery" all the more incredible. Unless the girl's mum was actually Crapoona from the planet Splott.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    I have seen some weird things that I can't explain. They were definitely Unidentified, Flying and appeared to be Objects.
    However I am open minded enough not to sneer and mock every bit of 'evidence' and footage that there is on web and elsewhere.
    I would say there is more evidence of UFO's than there is of any god's, deities, ghosts and all that palaver yet billions of humans believe in sky fairies of one form or another. I read a few weeks ago that our head of state is 'deeply religious'. Be interesting to find out what she thinks of the UFO debate.

I’m ok with spacemen as I don’t believe that we’re the only ones that could have evolved, if the conditions were right on earth then we’ve evolved to those parameters. We breath oxygen and are quite happy to live at temps between -20 and + 30. Theres fish at the bottom of our oceans that live in the Marian trench which withstand thousands of PSI exerted on them that would kill us in a nano second if exposed to it. The fish however take it as their normal and know no difference......why can’t that be the same for life outside of our world? There may be somewhere which has evolved that is totally different to ours, the atmosphere might be full of sulphur and the temps are -50 to + 200 yet evolution has formed them differently to breath that crap and live at those temperatures.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I have seen some weird things that I can't explain. They were definitely Unidentified, Flying and appeared to be Objects.
    However I am open minded enough not to sneer and mock every bit of 'evidence' and footage that there is on web and elsewhere.
    I would say there is more evidence of UFO's than there is of any god's, deities, ghosts and all that palaver yet billions of humans believe in sky fairies of one form or another. I read a few weeks ago that our head of state is 'deeply religious'. Be interesting to find out what she thinks of the UFO debate.
    I agree with this pretty much. I also think a lot of people dismiss these things because they don't fit their world view. Me? I neither believe nor disbelieve that UFOs exist. I do believe though that the line "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy" certainly applies to me as I wait for 'The eyeballs in the sky' to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Who'd have thought the head of C of E was religious?

Blog Entries
    I haven't read the whole thread. But, I suggest the difference between belief in God and belief in a UFO is that one is based on faith and the other is based on measurable 'scientific' principles. I leave it to the reader to discern which is which.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread. But, I suggest the difference between belief in God and belief in a UFO is that one is based on faith and the other is based on measurable 'scientific' principles. I leave it to the reader to discern which is which.
    Yes indeed.

Plenty of UFO stuff is dependent on faith too.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Yes indeed.

Plenty of UFO stuff is dependent on faith too.

I disagree. No one in the history of humanity has ever seen a god, angel, ghost, miracle etc.
    If anyone has any pics or evidence of such then please provide a link.
    The UFO alien thing however...........

Craftsman
    Refer you to Bill Waterson’s Calvin and Hobbes cartoon:

https://www.zoom-comics.com/archives...elligent-life/

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries

F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtobelurch View Post
    Refer you to Bill Waterson’s Calvin and Hobbes cartoon:

https://www.zoom-comics.com/archives...elligent-life/

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    That could be true. If they were so much more advanced than the human race, why would they bother making contact?

Blog Entries

Master
    One of the better skeptical resources: http://mickwest.com/
    Worth running any claims past the principles there before wasting any of your life on them…

Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    Worth running any claims past the principles there before wasting any of your life on them…

I wonder how they'd fare with some of the nutjobbery that pervades the forum these days?
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    Cheers, Metabunk seems pretty good for info. https://www.metabunk.org/forums/

George Knapp again. He pops up on every UFO show around.

If these UFO's are from advanced alien technology how come they are easily seen and picked up on radar? Have they not heard of cloaking devices?

Stealth technology is pretty old hat here.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

That could be true. If they were so much more advanced than the human race, why would they bother making contact?
    IF you had started an experiment to create life wouldn't you come back and look in on it every so often, maybe even let the primitives catch a glimpse of something to gauge their reactions, perhaps begin the process of familiarising them with the possibility/ probability that there is more than they know...