closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fedex are NOT thieving and cheating so and sos

Fedex are NOT thieving and cheating so and sos

I had a Ming 19.01 inbound from a private collector in the US. He sent it international priority with adult signature required on delivery and I as the received insured it for the hefty value it was worth on Parcelpro.

Anyway delivery tracking today - says the Fedex guy left it outside our apartment door (A impossible as he'd have had to use the intercom to get in the building and B illogical as there is a concierge service to take care of this). Of course the watch was nowhere to be seen. When I called the depot they stated that signature wasn't required and somehow the service selected had 'magically' changed on their system to signature not required. Thankfully the seller had kept a screen grab of his Parcelpro notification he uses to print labels (although I insured it not him) showing that it was indeed signature required.

It's patently clear the Fedex guys have pinched it. The driver supposedly left it outside our door but had no recollection what floor we were on, said he may have delivered to the wrong building and also somehow the service provided changed so as not to require a signature.

Currently trying to process a claim via Parcelpro - not easy as their minds seem to be blown by the fact that both sender and receiver have Parcelpro accounts but the receiver insured it not the sender and also that the insurance would be null and void without the signed for option being selected (which Fedex system now says it wasn't but sender kept screen grab in his parcel pro instance saying it was).

I hate Fedex with a passion now and I'm gutted not so much about the potential financial loss but the fact that this was probably my only chance to get a Ming 19.01 and some thieving bar steward who doesn't understand how special it is has no doubt got it.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 4th February 2019 at 22:58.

Master
    Blimey - that's appalling - shouldn't you report it to the police as well?

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    Blimey - that's appalling - shouldn't you report it to the police as well?
    Will let Parcelpro do the investigation and escalate as they are going to want to know why the signature required became not required all of a sudden and want that looked into. If they want me to raise it with the police I will but I suspect if not there's little interest the police will have investigating further

My god Ryan, this is an absolute horror story and a total shambles. This is plain thievery and clearly gone to some length with the 'signed for' having being altered. You'd think that their system would require a level of authority to make such a change.

I know how much you were looking forward to this. I would inform Ming as well - given the nicheness of the watch it is possible it turns up somewhere.

That's awful Ryan and you should definitely bring in the Police. It's theft at the end of the day.

I'd never heard of the Ming but now having done some reading it's a very special watch indeed, not that the thief is likely to know that and will more than likely be gutted he's got himself into this situation and he hasn't even stolen a Rolex.

Best of luck.

Ok so a hugely grovelling apology due. They delivered it to the wrong building but the owner was honest enough to provide to me.

Apology for them not being a criminal not an apology for then being useless and delivering to the wrong place without a signature
    Last edited by ryanb741; 4th February 2019 at 23:06.

Phew!!!!

Enjoy the watch and please post some pics.

Good news!

Hide your address!

Good god man, nearly had a heart attack on your behalf! Best to edit the pic btw with your address.

It still doesn't explain the change in the system though for the signed status, does it?

Master
    Ryan- Heads up you can see your full address on the postage label

Master
    ....and relax.....

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Fedex are NOT thieving and cheating so and sos

Well, that's half the mystery solved, if the watch is in hand.

But how did the shipping magically change from "signature req'd" and insured, to "no signature req'd." Your seller paid for that service, and you paid the insurance. Sounds like the carrier is still on the hook for negligence, and could stand to refund some shipping costs.

I recently shipped a watch within the US, I like to use FedEx for most things, quite reliable compared to the US Postal Service bungs,... but they won't insure jewelry for > US$1000. I had to use United Parcel Service.
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 5th February 2019 at 13:34. Reason: seller, not shipper

Glad it worked out.

What stands out to me is their response to the problem, including the claim that it didn't need any signature. especially given it had been (wrongly) delivered and had been signed for. Clearly they were more interested in protecting themselves than actually looking at their own records and at what had happened.

They had a record of the item being delivered and signed for but came at you rather than relying on their own records? That might suggest they don't have a lot of faith in their own systems to be accurate?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Well, that's half the mystery solved, if the watch is in hand.

But how did the shipping magically change from "signature req'd" and insured, to "no signature req'd." Your sepper paid for that service, and you paid the insurance. Sounds like the carrier is still on the hook for negligence, and could stand to refund some shipping costs.

I recently shipped a watch within the US, I like to use FedEx for most things, quite reliable compared to the US Postal Service bungs,... but they won't insure jewelry for > US$1000. I had to use United Parcel Service.
    FYI... UPS is well known for not covering insurance claims. I don't have experience with shipping valuable watches, but I've been screwed twice with items over US$1k. One was a lost package that they paid about 30% of actual value, the other was damaged despite being double boxed and well within guidelines. I received nothing for that one except a broken returned item from the buyer. That whole ordeal left me about $200 out of pocket and it went on for months.

On reflection it's pretty shoddy on the part of Fedex and someone more unscrupulous than me could have continued with the Parcelpro claim anyway seeing as there is no delivery signature. Obviously I'm not going to and I'm delighted to have the watch (albeit it arrived too late for me to have the energy to unbox it so that will be a task for tomorrow)

Will do a proper reveal later as this is a PHENOMENAL watch but as a teaser here's a quick lume pic

Not the worst caseback view I've ever seen either.....

Blog Entries
    Pleased that you have got your watch, despite the disgraceful and monumental incompetence of the arse-covering Fedex!

Apprentice
    Glad to know you got it eventually. IME, FedEx screws up once in a while but eventually gets sorted. From my experience with various careers, FedEx is still the most reliable. Still one needs to stay on top of expected deliveries to make sure that even if it is delivered somewhere else erroneously, it is soon recognised and rectified.
    Anyway, do post some more pics before it makes its inevitable journey to sales corner:-)

Master
    Wow that was a close call Ryan, glad you got it in the end and all ended well.
    That movement looks stunning like nothing I've ever seen before and the dial looks like an endless black hole in space, presumably intentional. They look lovely watches and very different to anything I've seen before.
    I hope it turns out to be a keeper for you, and that you really enjoy it.

Close call, Ryan!!!

As an aside, I've spoken to Parcel Pro in the past about insuring packages being sent to myself, and they've confirmed that it's no different to insuring anything else.

That looks lovely.

Delivering to the wrong building is just ridiculous.

I used FedEx once a few years back and won't go near them again. After much messing around I ended up talking to someone genuinely helpful at FedEx who went so far as to advise me exactly how to pack a watch so it would make it very difficult for FedEx's own couriers to steal it. The watch arrived ok in the end but the mess and hassle involved - not to mention having to be educated on how not to have my watch stolen - put me off them completely.

I still can't believe they delivered to the wrong building.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    That looks lovely.

Delivering to the wrong building is just ridiculous.

I used FedEx once a few years back and won't go near them again. After much messing around I ended up talking to someone genuinely helpful at FedEx who went so far as to advise me exactly how to pack a watch so it would make it very difficult for FedEx's own couriers to steal it. The watch arrived ok in the end but the mess and hassle involved - not to mention having to be educated on how not to have my watch stolen - put me off them completely.

I still can't believe they delivered to the wrong building.
    Ah, Fedex!

I was working at one of the financial institutions in the city a while back, and was awaiting delivery of a watch that was coming over from Australia. After a long delay and a number of phone conversations, it turned out that they were holding it pending payment of a debt from someone else who worked at the same business address. It took me a month to resolve, and required the other guy to pay his debt (after much persuasion from me) before they's release MY watch to me. F*cking scandalous.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 5th February 2019 at 11:16.

Craftsman

I used FedEx once a few years back and won't go near them again. After much messing around I ended up talking to someone genuinely helpful at FedEx who went so far as to advise me exactly how to pack a watch so it would make it very difficult for FedEx's own couriers to steal it.
    That alone is laughable! You should not need to do that and the fact they gave you the information speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Ah, Fedex!

I was working at one of the financial institutions in the city a while back, and was awaiting delivery of a watch that was coming over from Australia. After a long delay and a number of phone conversations, it turned out that they were holding it ending payment of a debt from someone else who worked at the same business address. It took me a month to resolve, and required the other guy to pay his debt (after much persuasion from me) before they's release MY watch to me. F*cking scandalous.
    I'm sure I remember you mentioning this before. That is outrageous.
    "A man of little significance"

I'm sure I remember you mentioning this before. That is outrageous.
    Can you imagine how livid I was? They simply wouldn't budge, and I was lucky the other guy involved agreed to pay them (he wasn't happy).

Ain't she purrtttyyyy!

Blog Entries
    Would love to see it at the GTG! Glad you got it in the end - but what a farse.

Martyn.

Good result in the end, and it's nice to know that there are honest people in the world; it would have been so easy for the original recipient to have kept quiet about in in the hope that Fedex wouldn't remember where it was actually delivered to.

Intriguing looking watch, I remember Ming having some interesting ideas when he was part of this forum, looks like he's putting some of them into practice. Enjoy and wear it in good health.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Ain't she purrtttyyyy!
    Um, no comment! As long as you like it. Enjoy!

Ain't she purrtttyyyy!
    try it on the other strap - I’d say it’s better at enhancing the overall look...

Ain't she purrtttyyyy!
    I’d loosen that strap a little or your hand will eventually fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I’d loosen that strap a little or your hand will eventually fall off.

Ha! It's just the angle I bent it at that makes it look like a tourniquet!

Can you imagine how livid I was? They simply wouldn't budge, and I was lucky the other guy involved agreed to pay them (he wasn't happy).
    Was that the Railmaster per chance?

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    Was that the Railmaster per chance?
    Yes it was, Colin!

Yes it was, Colin!
    Still here with me, must give it a spin sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    I remember Ming having some interesting ideas when he was part of this forum, looks like he's putting some of them into practice.
    So do I, Peter. Who knew Ming Thein was destined for greatness....

Simon

Blog Entries
    What a story and what a nice watch! This watch is screaming for a bespoke strap from ABP, I think

Menno

Glad to hear it showed up. I've had a few deliveries "marked as delivered" when the guy was still up the road somewhere. Always makes you panic that it's been delivered to the wrong address or gone missing.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    What a story and what a nice watch! This watch is screaming for a bespoke strap from ABP, I think

Menno
    The watch is supplied with two Jean Rosseau straps - so pretty decent ones to get one going. Personally prefer JR to ABP, but YMMV of course.