closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: London hotel recommendations

Master

London hotel recommendations

Mrs E-5 and I have been invited to a wedding in the next several weeks at Woldingham Golf Course, think it's south of Croydon.

As were driving all that way down we thought we'd try and stay a night in London or in the vicinity and have some dinner and take in some sights.

Were not overly concerned with doing something like watching a musical etc but wouldn't mind a wander in London.

That being said we will be driving and will have a car with us and thus require parking.

Would it be better to get a hotel near the golf course and get a train into London or drive in and find a hotel with parking?

Any hotels you would recommend?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Master
    Last time I drove to London for a few days with the family we stayed at Windsor, parked there and just got the fast train to Paddington (via Slough) which was cheap and took 20 mins I think.

If you did want to drive in though I'd recommend the Royal Lancaster https://www.royallancaster.com - Plenty of parking, next to a tube station and a superb Thai restaurant.
    Last edited by relaxer7; 4th February 2019 at 15:28.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    We are in London quite often and usually drive given the eye watering price of trains from our next of the woods, vs. a reliable, comfortable, quiet car we can drive ourselves!

We also go to a lot of functions at the Hilton Park Lane. They have an underground Car Park, and the Mayfair Car Park is just over the road too. That one is conveniently on the edge of the Congestion Zone too, in case you'll be there weekday daytime and don't want to pay. Park Lane Mews behind the Hilton is often quite cheap (for London) and is fine, though not spectacular.

For weekend stays, we really liked the Conrad St James. There is street parking across the road (nearly always a space), free evenings and weekends IIRC. I once parked there then asked the valet parking to whizz the car under the hotel covered arrival area as I wasn't due back until the paid parking started, and valet parking was around £50 p/d. He happily obliged in return for a small thank you. We stayed on a good deal and had Hilton status so ended up eating and drinking so much in the lounge that we couldn't go out for dinner.

Lots and lots of options though, London has plentiful great hotels (and a fair few stinkers too!).

Try the pelican hotel in tooting,no bar or restaurant but the rooms are spot on .Its easily one of the cheapest bang for buck hotels in London,good tube access as well,really good prices on booking.com and not far from Croydon.And you can park on the street for about £2 an hour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Agree! Booking.com and similar hotel booking sites with all their filters are very convenient to use. I like using Booking cause I like to have all my bookings in one place for easy access! I always check directly the hotels own website for rate comparison and have found booking.com to be cheaper on many occasions.

Another for Booking.com with good filters and "genius" pricing....also used their prices to negotiate even better rate direct with some hotels.

Blog Entries
    Take a look at Pestana Chelsea Bridge, (Portugese owned, not Arba, for once !) with VERY subsidised parking next door during weekends ...

https://www.pestana.com/en/hotel/pes...chelsea-bridge

Great breakfasts, all modern and clean and just across the bridge from Knightsbridge

Great stuff !!
    Cheers, Peter

Master
    We always stay in either the andaz @ Liverpool st or the Churchill behind selfridges both fantastic hotels and both will have parking or will park you car for you