closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wife's 50th holiday suggestion

Wife's 50th holiday suggestion

Hi, looking for some experiences on a beach holiday in Feb, March or April next year.
    My wife wants to go to the Caribbean or similar.
    We have a budget up to £7k for a week
    Really want to go all inclusive

Any recommendations would be appreciated

Thanks

Andy

Sandals

Master
    We did this in 2014, while we were lucky enough to book one cabin and have no other takers so the boat to ourselves, fabulous trip over 10 days St Lucia-bequai-mayreau-chatham bay-mopion-union island-canowan-tobago keys, turtles sharks beach BBQ and back to bequai for a week in the Bequai beach.

you can book direct with Shawn and make an itinerary to suit your selves within the windward islands and the Grenedines.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/crewed-sa...nLw:rk:13:pf:0

This is there FB page
    https://www.facebook.com/Bluescape-S...C_uzd09OUkWvEc
    Last edited by MCFastybloke; 3rd February 2019 at 22:44.

Thanks but we don't really fancy a boat or sailing

Hedonism II
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Have a look at the Turks & Caicos Islands. Providenciales has a few of the swankier all-inclusive resorts, one of the best beaches in the world, direct flights from Gatwick, etc.

My folks have their second home there, so I speak from experience.

Cape Verde is a great place for a short ish visit and all inclusive options are plentiful.

I took my missus 9 years ago for here 40th, weather in Feb is great.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    In them there mountainous Hills of Surrey
    You should be able to do the Maldives with that budget. I just had a quick look at Kuredu all inclusive in a water villa with Seaplane transfers flying Emirates. They are not booking into 2020 yet but start of December 2019 was less than £5k for two.

Master
    I second the Maldives. If you only want a short boat transfer from the airport, try the Taj Exotica.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    Cape Verde is a great place for a short ish visit and all inclusive options are plentiful.

I took my missus 9 years ago for here 40th, weather in Feb is great.

Oops, should have reac the OP properly, I did not see the 7k budget, Maldives for sure, we had a water villa, simply fab so long as you like watersports.

Last edited by Arcam; 4th February 2019 at 10:50.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Sandals
    100%.
    Make sure they are the first thing you pack or you'll end up with sandy feet.

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Really want to go all inclusive
    Does location matter, as trapped in one of those AI places, you could be anywhere, and nowhere in the world.

For my 40th in a couple of weeks I'm taking the sleeper train from London to Edinburgh.

Could you persuade your wife to do the same and spend the rest on a watch?

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    For my 40th in a couple of weeks I'm taking the sleeper train from London to Edinburgh.

Good idea. I've got a new bike coming on 1st March and it would cover that nicely

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Does location matter, as trapped in one of those AI places, you could be anywhere, and nowhere in the world.
    We are a bit limited on food as I'm allergic too so many things but it could be anywhere as long as it's hot
    Last edited by awright101; 4th February 2019 at 18:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    Oops, should have reac the OP properly, I did not see the 7k budget, Maldives for sure, we had a water villa, simply fab so long as you like watersports.

Surely doesn't have to spend full 7k!

Master
    I'd suggest somewhere in Krabi Thailand (maybe a short stop in Bankok before / after if city life is your thing )- the area is so much more interesting than the Caribbean IME and the views out into the Andaman sea are breathtaking. Avoid Phuket or any of the other notorious areas. Ko Lanta is another lovely island but a bit more of a trek to get to but again worth it.

Master
    Came back from a fortnight in Barbados last week for my 50th and it was everything i had hoped it would be. Stunning beaches, fantastic trips out and some great food and drink; I’d recommend in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    Came back from a fortnight in Barbados last week for my 50th and it was everything i had hoped it would be. Stunning beaches, fantastic trips out and some great food and drink; I’d recommend in a heart beat.
    Where did you stay in Barbados?

Master
    Where did you stay in Barbados?
    We rented an apartment on Maxwell Coast Road, between Oistins and St Lawrence Gap. A 10 minute or so walk to Dover Beach too. Sound of the waves sent us to sleep and woke us, bliss.
    Very unlike us to consider booking the same area for the following years hols but seems a good bet that’s where we’ll be going.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post

John there’s nothing down there and even less up there to impress you ,you’ve got it all in gods country.
    Your right about the watch though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Hawaii, I went around 7 years ago and its still my favourite holiday destination, absolutely brilliant place.

+1 for Maldives, the wife and I did Kuramathi via Kuoni a few years ago for our 40th’s, we upgraded to sea plane transfers and Al a Carte all inclusive package, split 5 nights in a beech bungalow and 5 nights in a water villa with jacuzzi. Came in at £7k and worth every penny. No doubt prices will have gone up a bit in four years but that was 10 nights. The water villa really bumped the price up.

Craftsman
    Two suggestions- Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica and Shandrani In Mauritius.

Both excellent in different ways. Key for me is water sports (Hobie cats and snorkelling). Both well provided and part of the AI package.
    Food and wine better at the Shandrani but the Caribbean vibe at CSA is hard to beat.

Thanks everyone. Mrs likes the idea of the Caribbean so it may narrow down to there. We want to go at least premium economy and the cost of this to the Maldives is fairly high and I can only see BA flying direct.

Master
    Thanks everyone. Mrs likes the idea of the Caribbean so it may narrow down to there. We want to go at least premium economy and the cost of this to the Maldives is fairly high and I can only see BA flying direct.
    Depending on where you live, you can fly Emirates to Dubai and onward to Male, which, from memory, is only about 4 hours.

Craftsman
    A colleague recently did a beach holiday in Bali and raves about it.

Master
    We had a couple of weeks in St.Lucia a few years back staying at the Anse Chastenet (South West, next to the iconic Piton mountain). Was all inclusive, but that’s generally not our bag and we travelled round the island a bit ourselves. It was a nice break, without being a truly memorable holiday.

Year before last we went to Costa Rica as a family and I would go back there over the Caribbean Islands any day. We travelled all over, staying in a real variety of places from simple shacks in Tortuguero to a luxury ‘eco lodge’ down on the Osa peninsula. It’s very easy to travel round and felt extremely safe. The internal air transport is great and pretty cheap, getting you from the Atlantic side to the Pacific side in 40mins or so. For the second week we hired a 4x4 and drove from Monteverde in the north, down the Atlantic coast to Osa, stopping at Quepos en route, which we’d been told was really touristy, but we liked it so much a one-night stopover became three nights. One of the most amazing beaches we’ve ever seen, and the whole place was teeming with wildlife. Sloths and monkeys everywhere.

I did a liveaboard in the Maldives, but from what I saw it wouldn't be my idea of a holiday.

You're stuck on one tiny atoll with no where else to go!

Each to their own, of course, and if you just want to lie in the sun I guess it's as good as anywhere, but I wouldn't spend my holiday at a resort there, personally.

Snorkelling is probably pretty epic though! :)

M