closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Visiting the STOWA factory

Master

Visiting the STOWA factory

Mrs. MST and I have a short break to Basel planned for June this year and after recently becoming an admirer of the STOWA Marine Classic 40mm I've been contemplating ordering one in advance to collect from their factory in Engelsbrand.

Have any other TZ'ers visited and if so is it worth the trip?
    Last edited by MST; 2nd February 2019 at 17:52.

Grand Master
    No idea about the factory etc, but I can advise on a nice place to stay on the German side of the border if you don’t mind a train ride into Basel. I had a few work trips over there in 2008/9. PM me if you’re interested.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    No idea about the factory etc, but I can advise on a nice place to stay on the German side of the border if you don’t mind a train ride into Basel. I had a few work trips over there in 2008/9. PM me if you’re interested.
    That's the plan Paul, we're using our Avios for a few nights at Hotel Go2Bed in Weil am Rhein, I think it's about 15-20 minutes by train to the centre of Basel.

Craftsman
    On holiday in the Black Forest in 2017, I rang up Stowa to ask if I could call in.
    They were very helpful and arranged for two charming people to spend an hour or two with me.
    I did not get to see the manufacturing, but was allowed to fondle all of the current range, and of course to spend time in their small but very well stocked museum.
    I was particularly interested to see an original Stowa B-Uhr (Baumuster A, 1940) in all its enormous glory.
    Whilst I was there I ordered a "sterile" Flieger -- though I could have walked out with it on my wrist had I been prepared to accept the logo version.
    Nice people, and, of course, a lovely general location. Fair drive from Basel though -- the entire length of the Black Forest.
    I don't know whether life has changed, but a year ago Stowa did not accept credit cards. Ergo, BT or cash (I used the latter).

HTH

I went with my son a few years ago. i would say not to rush it and maybe combine it with trips to the car museums. Here is a link to our trip.
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...a-Porsche-Merc
    Nigel