closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I was knocked sideways.

Master
    I've got a few mates who are bankers. When their bonus comes in they genuinely do not care and will buy anything that is immediately available no matter the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Never mind all that, far more important is hello stranger! Nice to see you back in the fold.

R
    Hi. I'm still trying to figure out who's who.

No one mentioned the B&R boutique there yet? Really nice place, good staff who’ve been very helpful in the past, some interesting bits and bobs, and all at list 👍

As previously mentioned, their overheads must be significant.

I run my own business and lease offices in the less salubrious areas of Streatham, Crawley and Reigate - the rentals plus business rates are considerable I can only imaging what they are like in that area.

Is David Duggan still in the Burlington Arcade? I bought a PAM002 from there years ago and it was a very good price. From memory I don't think his prices for pre-owned Rolex were too bad.

Master
    It’s funny tho. I’m sure 3-5 years ago people were complaining or noting how high the prices were in the burlington arcade and saying how stupid it would be to buy a watch at such prices. Go forward now and i feel
    those who bought at those prices are now well in the money considering today’s prices. They wouldn’t have lost a single penny if they bought a steel rolex. It’s like people were horrified a daytona was selling at 13£k and now it’s even higher. Maybe the people buying it are not as senseless at it may seem.

Ps i never bought a watch there and probably never will LOL

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    It’s funny tho. I’m sure 3-5 years ago people were complaining or noting how high the prices were in the burlington arcade and saying how stupid it would be to buy a watch at such prices. Go forward now and i feel
    those who bought at those prices are now well in the money considering today’s prices. They wouldn’t have lost a single penny if they bought a steel rolex. It’s like people were horrified a daytona was selling at 13£k and now it’s even higher. Maybe the people buying it are not as senseless at it may seem.

Ps i never bought a watch there and probably never will LOL
    I think fast forward to today and Burlington arcade is still significantly higher than you can buy elsewhere. People that bought there a few years back have got lucky with the general price increases, but they could have bought cheaper elsewhere

Apprentice
    I bought my white faced Daytona from Armour Winston in the summer of 2015, it was 2 years old at the time and was full set and perfect condition. The list price of a new one, if you could ever find one then, was about £7800 to £7900 or thereabouts.
    I paid £7700 for mine and the service from James, who is one of the main chaps there, was absolutely great.
    They had an earlier Zenith Daytona in the window for £10500 ish.

I felt at the time their prices were on par with any other place and online that had Daytonas available of a similar age.

However , just on the other side of the arcade was a shop, maybe called vintage watches or something, they had row upon row of Rolex in the window, however their prices were sky high, I have been into the Arcade numerous times since then and that particular shop always has prices very very high.
    There are lots of threads on Forums about these shops.

Craftsman
    Slightly off topic but I was in the Rolex AD yesterday , salesman was talking to a chap and said the watch he was wearing was on auction last week and finished at £27k.

Things moved on slightly and I got chatting to the chap with the watch , it was a bog stock Kermit. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Very nice but I did chuckle at the salesman’s quoted price. I mean, that’s near double WF !!!!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ptjoe View Post
    Slightly off topic but I was in the Rolex AD yesterday , salesman was talking to a chap and said the watch he was wearing was on auction last week and finished at £27k.

Things moved on slightly and I got chatting to the chap with the watch , it was a bog stock Kermit. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Very nice but I did chuckle at the salesman’s quoted price. I mean, that’s near double WF !!!!

It probably finished at £27k but had started at £27K with no bids hahaha

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    ^^^ this. I think concept of buying birth year watch is appealing to a lot of people.
    I went to the vintage Omega store at the Northern end of the arcade, I asked the guy what it would cost for a Speedmaster from the year I was born. He asked me what year, I said 1969 & he laughed at me...
    Turns out it would have been a lot cheaper to have been born in 1970...

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=higham5;5010739]
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    How much was your tea at the Ritz compared to a cuppa and a bite at a greasy spoon up North?

Theres nowt cheap abaht a cuppa a Betty’s tearoom in Harrogate, and thats oop north.

Steve
    Is it still jacket and tie at the Ritz? I took my wife there on our first date about 30 years ago and the concierge man passed me a jacket and tie to put on with some muttering about 'not the done thing'. Haven't dared go back. I think the sandwiches were quite nice, but I also remember my 'date' thinking oh-ho, this one's a idiot, when I did the half an orange in mouth in one go trick.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    He then said he was flying to ME with them to show a client so the shops are more about projecting the brands image than turning a profit.
    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Pardon my ignorance/stupidity but ME?

middle east??? i think

you could always take a trip to Miltonaires to buy a reasonably priced rolex. there is a poundland and millets opposite if you want to buy a souvenir or some top quality fashions, i’m sure there is a greggs or spoons nearby if peckish

here is a handy link:
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.38...7i13312!8i6656
    Last edited by MrSmith; 14th April 2019 at 20:29.