closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dog Boarding - Anyone here tried it?

Master

Dog Boarding - Anyone here tried it?

We've had our rescue dog for a year and it wasn't until we went away last Summer that I realised just how hard it was to find a home for him to stay in as we knew he wouldn't cope very well in kennels.

It's made me think about offering my home as a place to look after other peoples dogs whilst they are away, after all we have a good sized garden, plenty of parks near us and a nice family life. The only potential downside our dog being jealous of another dog in our home.

Has anyone here boarded dogs as a way of generating a little extra income? If so, how did it work out?

Master
    There are new regulations coming out soon that will mean most of the semi-professional unlicensed upmarket hotel style dog boarders will have to close down because it seems each dog will have to have its own bedroom and therefore make it unprofitable i.e. just 1 or 2 dogs at a time.
    I'll have a trawl through my doggy mates on Facebook to try and find you the link.

Found it:
    https://ukpets.co.uk/pet-sitting/aal...boarding-dogs/
    Last edited by SeePee; 28th January 2019 at 16:59.

Master
    I kept falling off!

Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    I kept falling off!
    Bugger... Beat me to it!
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    ^ Sorry it was very juvenile of me but I couldn't help myself, apologies OP.

I hope it doesn't lead to lots of other silly responses!

Master

Smile

I kept falling off!
    Good one! haha

There are a couple of doggie holiday home franchises near me, based in Lee on Solent and Fareham covering close to your area

We’ve used them several times and it much less stressful on us and the dog leaving her with someone she knows

A week in a family home is around £300 but I don’t know how much goes to the person and the franchiser but it seems pretty lucrative for both

They offer info on setting up your own on their website if you look,

https://www.doggieholidayhomes.com

No affiliation other than as a customer

My Lucy is a rescue and a bit of a handful. I was very worried about leaving her for a week as she wouldn't do well in kennels. Options were limited but I was recommended holidays4dogs by one of my clients. I used them last summer and Lucy had a great time. Highly recommended.

Our Labradoodle is a bit of people dog, so kennels were not an option. We found this set up

http://www.suffolkcaninecreche.co.uk/

Is it called a creche and it is just like a nursery, coat pegs for your dogs lead, games room and swimming pool. Also it acts as a hotel with 10 themed rooms and a TV room. A webcam in the room so you can check on your pooch from anywhere.

It is a very good business model, and like most successful businesses the staff are excellent. Thoroughly recommended

Master
    I kept falling off!
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Bugger... Beat me to it!
    And me!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by de30m View Post
    There are a couple of doggie holiday home franchises near me, based in Lee on Solent and Fareham covering close to your area

We’ve used them several times and it much less stressful on us and the dog leaving her with someone she knows

A week in a family home is around £300 but I don’t know how much goes to the person and the franchiser but it seems pretty lucrative for both

They offer info on setting up your own on their website if you look,

https://www.doggieholidayhomes.com

No affiliation other than as a customer
    A retired couple next door take on dogs (on behalf of a service) while their owners are on holidays etc. They started doing this after their own dog died and thinking they were too old to get another dog themselves. It’s a good thing they love dogs because they sure aren’t doing it for the money. They get £6 a day from the company!! We looked at the company’s website and it’s charging £50+/day

Craftsman
    Its really popular here in western USA.

I have a friend who runs one in Seattle. Their main business is day care, up to 40 dogs a day, dropped off in the morning and picked up after work. Overnight boarding is less common (6 per night) but still a core of the business.

Dogs are sociable pack animals, they love to be in a big group, it really isnt a hardship for them.

Craftsman
    https://riverviewkennelsandcattery.com

My cousin owns this one. It is a genuine vocation for them, they are so enthusiastic about the animals.