Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
I thought I'd better circle back and let the assembled multitude know the damage for the 928's work: £2,700.

Actually, in all honesty I'm not too upset given all the work that's been done - big service with all the usual bits and belts, the transmission's been serviced, both rear calipers stripped, split and sorted out (the steel plates were lifting due to Al corrosion, so the pads were binding and really not doing their jobs properly) and the intake manifold lifted to deal with a coolant leak, and various seals, rubbers and gaskets replaced while it was off.

Sorting out the binding brakes has made a huge difference to the drive and I'm just waiting for a sunny, quiet weekend to give it a proper thrash now. If anyone else is going to "Purely Porsche" at Beaulieu next month, look for a scabby dark blue S4 on the 928UK stand...

Actually that hat doesn't sound to bad. The final exhaust box on mine was £1700, (and it was after market - but at least SS - unlike the Porsche replacement which wasover £2k).

I will be very likely to be attending with the 911UK folks.