closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RAF Blue-Grey

Master

RAF Blue-Grey

Does anyone know of any straps that are similar to the RAF Blue-Grey colour?

Thanks

Haveston have blue and grey tones in their Service series of straps, don't know if they would suit. I have several of their straps, and in a bluey/grey colour I have a Carrier on my Voyager.

http://haveston.com/service-strap-series.html

F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Haveston have blue and grey tones in their Service series of straps, don't know if they would suit. I have several of their straps, and in a bluey/grey colour I have a Carrier on my Voyager.

http://haveston.com/service-strap-series.html

Thanks for your reply - much appreciated. - I have been looking at the Sector A2.

One thing I'm confused about - it comes across that they're a UK Company - but when you click on their shop the price comes up in Dollars - so with most cards you will get a foreign transaction fee.

I can't see a way to change it to pounds - do you know if there is?

Cheers

Try www.natostrapco.com...they have a couple of colours that may come close.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Try www.natostrapco.com...they have a couple of colours that may come close.
    Thanks - their Gray-Blue does look nice

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    Thanks for your reply - much appreciated. - I have been looking at the Sector A2.

One thing I'm confused about - it comes across that they're a UK Company - but when you click on their shop the price comes up in Dollars - so with most cards you will get a foreign transaction fee.

Cheers
    I'm not sure why they price in $s but they are in the UK and and deliver via RM 1ˢᵗ class signed for. The payment was converted to £s on my Paypal email receipt.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I'm not sure why they price in $s but they are in the UK and and deliver via RM 1ˢᵗ class signed for. The payment was converted to £s on my Paypal email receipt.
    Great - many thanks for your reply

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bremont make one, you often see it on the display watches.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Bremont make one, you often see it on the display watches.
    Yeah - to be honest that ones a bit to Blue, as opposed to Blue-Grey, for my liking - but thanks for the suggestion :-)

This may sound a bit daft but are you looking at NATO style straps or any sort of blue fabric strap? Phoenix straps are the issued straps and are the right colour, I find them very good quality. CWC NATOS are even better quality in my book.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    This may sound a bit daft but are you looking at NATO style straps or any sort of blue fabric strap? Phoenix straps are the issued straps and are the right colour, I find them very good quality. CWC NATOS are even better quality in my book.
    Hi - I was keeping an open mind.

I was trying to find a website for Phoenix - I know CWC and GasGasBones sell them - but I couldn't actually find a website of their own

Hi - I was keeping an open mind.

I was trying to find a website for Phoenix - I know CWC and GasGasBones sell them - but I couldn't actually find a website of their own
    Phoenix from mickie500 on eBay...link.

Otherwise, have a look at www.ukwatchstrap.co.uk. They have quite a selection of blue straps...link.

Master
    Phoenix from mickie500 on eBay...link.

Otherwise, have a look at www.ukwatchstrap.co.uk. They have quite a selection of blue straps...link.
    That's great - thanks for your help :-)

RAF Blue-Grey

Cheers
    Are you in the UK or US? You might need to do something in your web browser. (Here in the US, when I buy something quoted and charged in $ without VAT, there’s no foreign transaction/conversion fee.)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Are you in the UK or US? You might need to do something in your web browser. (Here in the US, when I buy something quoted and charged in $ without VAT, there’s no foreign transaction/conversion fee.)
    Thanks for your reply

I'm in the UK - there doesn't seem an option to change the currency - however I was intending to e-mail them - although at the moment they seem to be on holiday

Cheers

I've just placed my first order with Haveston and am delighted with their service and the quality of their straps. I thought they were a US based company and e-mailed them when they confirmed my order. Here's their reply for reference:

Hello David,

Thank you for your kind email. We are indeed based in the UK. Our website currently displays prices in USD as a means of universal international currency, but we are working on a new website which will offer greater currency options which we hope to launch soon.

Warm regards,

Alex

I'm pleased to have a "NATO" strap which doesn't have the extra flappy bit and actually looks tidy on the wrist.
    Next order will be for one of their canvas straps.

I have several of the Haveston straps and they would be my "go to" NATO of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    I have several of the Haveston straps and they would be my "go to" NATO of choice.
    They're certainly very comfortable and I like the idea of their A2 models.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I've just placed my first order with Haveston and am delighted with their service and the quality of their straps. I thought they were a US based company and e-mailed them when they confirmed my order. Here's their reply for reference:

Hello David,

Thank you for your kind email. We are indeed based in the UK. Our website currently displays prices in USD as a means of universal international currency, but we are working on a new website which will offer greater currency options which we hope to launch soon.

Warm regards,

Alex

I'm pleased to have a "NATO" strap which doesn't have the extra flappy bit and actually looks tidy on the wrist.
    Next order will be for one of their canvas straps.
    Thanks for the information - but does that mean you had to buy using dollars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information - but does that mean you had to buy using dollars?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes but it was converted to £s when I used PayPal.

Here's a couple of shots of my Citizen diver on the two straps I bought. First the M-22 and second The Carrier.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Yes but it was converted to £s when I used PayPal.

Here's a couple of shots of my Citizen diver on the two straps I bought. First the M-22 and second The Carrier.

They do look really nice - a bit annoying about the conversion with Paypal though as often you don't get such good rates - but I guess its no different to them converting it in any event - so you just factor it in and look at the overall cost of the strap.

Master
    Hi there, the pantone of the RAF blue uniform is pantone 7545C. Currently no strap exists as far as I know that will match perfectly but some get very close.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    Hi there, the pantone of the RAF blue uniform is pantone 7545C. Currently no strap exists as far as I know that will match perfectly but some get very close.
    Thanks for the information 👍 - I'll make a note of that 🙂

A couple of colour related links:

Make of them what you can. i'm not saying that either is 'correct'.

Edit And the RAF also used a sky blue for their ensign, Pantone 549 C I believe, and for their colours.
    Last edited by PickleB; 24th April 2019 at 22:31.

Master
    FYI the strap for the Bremont Arrow is Pantone 7545 C as it was collaborated between the RAF and Bremont to match the RAF uniforms.

Master
    A couple of colour related links:

Make of them what you can. i'm not saying that either is 'correct'.

Edit And the RAF also used a sky blue for their ensign, Pantone 549 C I believe, and for their colours.

Hmmm...well when I put 549 C into this I get a purple colour https://encycolorpedia.com/search?q=549C - but I agree that I think the colour selector is off rather than your numbers. But it does show you how difficult this colour coding is ☹️

Edit - but it indicates that #5d8aa8 is RAF Blue https://encycolorpedia.com/search?q=%235D8AA8
    Last edited by KAS118; 7th May 2019 at 06:54.