closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sea Dwelller on Tropic strap

Craftsman

Sea Dwelller on Tropic strap

Is was rummaging about in my usual drawers and boxes for a canvas strap to fit the Armida that arrived yesterday and came across a Tropic strap I had on my old SLA017.

I thought it would look quite nice on the 16600 SD and popped it on there. I like it, what does the forum think about it?

A12 on canvas, the SD on the Tropic and his younger SDc4k brother just because I love that watch....

Big fan of Tropic straps so two thumbs up from me. Comfortable, waterproof and adds a nice vintage vibe. What's not to like?

Yep, all three are winners for me!

Master
    Liking that tropic very much. Looks to be a reasonable length too. Is it a modern version as the vintage one's that I looked at a while ago were all quite short (but not on price) and the buckle seems a more modern style. Still love it though.

Craftsman
    Hi Bobc, its a vintage strap but I have swapped out the buckle for a more sturdy version.

I got tat one from ebay and was lucky enough to get it for around £20ish.

With the Tropic I get the added bonus of being able to play noughts and crosses in the pattern left on my wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    Liking that tropic very much. Looks to be a reasonable length too. Is it a modern version as the vintage one's that I looked at a while ago were all quite short (but not on price) and the buckle seems a more modern style. Still love it though.

Master
    Thanks ^^^^ you did well at that price. Let me know if you see another 

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    I've bought a few recently, which may be of help to you.

First I paid £28 for a Zuludiver model from WatchGecko. This is a very nice strap, of good quality and has a pleasant odour to it. Some say it's like grapefruit, I'd defer but it's pleasant.

I then bought several from Cousins at the exorbitant price of £2.75 each! In comparison to the Zuludiver, the buckle is less well made but the only thing they're lacking is the pleasant odour.

Guess where I'd buy from again?

Master
    Will try one from Cousins, thanks.

Craftsman
    Great price for a strap, however, having tried the "proper" Tropic and the silicone versions I would always choose the originals.

I just cannot get on with the silicone, they feel totally different - its difficult to put my finger on why, I just don't get on with them. I bought an Uncle Seiko version and that was no better either.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I've bought a few recently, which may be of help to you.

First I paid £28 for a Zuludiver model from WatchGecko. This is a very nice strap, of good quality and has a pleasant odour to it. Some say it's like grapefruit, I'd defer but it's pleasant.

I then bought several from Cousins at the exorbitant price of £2.75 each! In comparison to the Zuludiver, the buckle is less well made but the only thing they're lacking is the pleasant odour.

Guess where I'd buy from again?

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Are these made of the lint-magnet or non-lint-magnet rubber/silicon?

Cousins appear to be cornering the market in discount rubber straps!