closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: bracelet oyster bracelet stretch

Master

bracelet oyster bracelet stretch

Hi all, can anyone tell me how I determine if a bracelet is stretched please?

I have an Explorer 2 16570 which I bought new around 2001. It was pretty much my daily wear for a few years before I acquired a few more watches. I had it on a NATO then an Erika strap but refitted the bracelet and had it serviced a couple of years ago, then haven't worn it much since till now, I'm wearing it more because its such a nice understated watch.

However, the bracelet feels a bit "clattery" in comparison with others, and there's a bit of movement between the links.

So - how do I determine how much stretch it has? Does it matter? And what can i do about it - does it mean a new Oyster bracelet or can the original be refurbished?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    I am not sure if there is objective measure of stretch but just hold it by the case and see how much the bracelet droops. These images might help: https://www.google.co.in/search?q=ro...iw=375&bih=559

For some Archie humour (ugh!), there is this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfh0kpOpNHw
    Last edited by Watchfun1; 25th January 2019 at 11:14.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I always work on the measurement that if it fits over your knee, it's stretched.

Master
    There's loads is threads on refurbing the bracelet, Seth and Micheal Young spring to mind, but it seems you will need to be prepared to wait. I suspect however that it's well within acceptable for it's age so it's more about whether it bothers you enough.
    Last edited by deepreddave; 25th January 2019 at 12:05.

Master
    I'll post some pictures later