closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Used diamond prices

Craftsman

Used diamond prices

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy an engagement ring later this year ( hopefully), I was told that a used diamond would be substantially less than a new one. I've Googled used diamonds but the results I get seen to be similar in price to going to any of the Internet ring building sites that I know of.

Am I missing something?

TIA.

Martyn

Craftsman
    Bought a pair of diamond earrings for the wife a couple of weeks ago from Miltons in Chester, they were used but high quality for a very reasonable price. I looked at new on the local high street but for the price point they were very disappointing.
    I looked buying new stones & getting some made but this way I could see exactly what I was getting for my money.

Master
    Hi martyn. Are you looking at mounted diamonds or loose pre-owned? If you're looking at loose stones there will be virtually no difference in price as someone has broken down a ring then graded the diamond for resale.
    Best value is a decent diamond ring from a jeweller that you can butcher yourself, to rebuild around the diamond.

What sort of size stone and budget? half a carat or less and you will probably be as well buying new/bespoke from somewhere like Blue nile or another of the usual suspects. Above that size though and you'll be saving a tidy sum shopping for second hand.
    PM if I can help.

Craftsman
    Thaks for the input,

I was looking for around a 0.75 round stone to stick into a Halo mount. I know there is a fine trade off between the 4 c's so would like to see the stone or at least an accurate representation before going for it.

Martyn