closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zenith 50th Anniversary El Primero tribute

Master

Zenith 50th Anniversary El Primero tribute

At SIHH 2019, Zenith announced a trio of watches to celebrate 50 years of the venerable El Primero.

A Zenith EP was my first 'serious' watch that I treated myself to, shortly after I first started working many moons ago. Since then, I have always had a soft spot for their slightly below-the-radar appeal as one of the last true manufactures in Switzerland. I like their new Chrono2, and even the overly busy skeletonised Defy21 is improved with the 3 subdials. I hear that there will be space in the limited edition boxset for a 4th watch yet to be released - a mechanical watch with 1/1000th timing capability(!).

https://www.fratellowatches.com/zeni...and-live-pics/

Master
    A386

Chrono2

Defy 21 El Primero

I'm looking forward to seeing what Bamford will do with the middle one.

They're a good looking trio all the same. What's always bugged me about the original El Primeros is the wonky date that throws the whole watch off balance. If they'd made one with no date I'd have had one a long time ago*

*I'm trying to save money, please don't tell me there's such a thing as a no-date El Primero Zenith from the 1970s
    "A man of little significance"

the defy 21 version does not makes much sense, why have a skeleton watch with solid sub dials. The standard defy 21 is very nice tho