closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor BB, or other suggestions.

Apprentice

Tudor BB, or other suggestions.

Hi chaps,

I have been looking at a new watch purchase over the past few weeks, I have always liked the Tudor BB with the rich red bezel. Pretty new to the world of watches, with a very modest 2 watches!

My eye has been drawn to the Black Bay 36 also, but upon trying the watch on its looked to small, my wrist is 6.5” there abouts.

I didn’t try on the BB diver, but she looks a big watch.

The Aqua Terra 41.5 has been a firm favourite also!

Can a diver style watch look out of place with a shirt/jeans and shoes? More so with a smaller rounded wrist, I don’t want anything looking shouty!

My budget is around £2700, so any other watch suggestions welcome.

Thanks
    Luke

Hi Luke, welcome to the forum. It’s customary too give us pics of your watches when joining

I prefer the Tudor Pelagos myself. Its a little over your budget though, at around 3100.

Divers look great with t-shirt and jeans, as it’s a sports watch. Even though, only the dressiest watches don’t look good with jeans IMO.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I would suggest a black bay on a bracelet
    Then you can also enter the world of strap collecting
    A strap can change the look completely
    Great for dress down days on vintage leather or nato or rubber
    for a more sporty look

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

A BB58 should be about perfect for your wrists, and they look fantastic to me too!
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Hello and welcome.
    With your budget you will not go wrong with a Black Bay Heritage. As above,buy it on the bracelet. Then you can swap straps if you wish.
    A diver does not look out of place with shirt,jeans and shoes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I have the BB heritage and simply love it, wears great either dressed up or dressed down (yet to try it on the nato).

Tried the red & blue on, the red is simply stunning but I didn't have the balls... I find the black much more versatile and may stand the test of time more as tastes change.

Other watches I considered / looked at were the Oris 65 (lots of variants to chose), Rado Captain Cook, Sinn 104, Longines heritage diver; all well under budget.

Bremont S301 / S501 (over budget)

Nice decision to have to make!!!

Edit - Although I chickened out & went for black, I still think thers enough subtle detailing with the red pip surround and gold accents to keep it interesting.

Craftsman
    Bremont s301 would come in under budget. I would go for a blue Seamaster 300

Journeyman
    Don't buy it unless it's what you really want. That being said, I don't think there's another dive watch that ticks all of those boxes.

I'm not a big dive-watch guy. But every 20 years or so a dive watch comes out that I think is really cool. In the late 90's, it was the Omega Seamaster Professional 2531.80 -- the Pierce Brosnan era James Bond watch. The Black Bay 58 is IMHO the coolest dive watch since that Omega.

Apprentice
    Thanks for your input.

I have loved the Black Bay with the red bezel since I saw it around 3 years ago, when I started taking note of watches.

My only issue is the size, I will head back to the jewellers over the weekend and try the watch on, I think the BB58 would be perfect, but there out of budget.

My weekday watch is a Hamilton Khaki 38mm, a a B&J black nato, and a Montblanc 4810 (wedding present)

The black bezel is lovely, more subtle, the red is more eye catching!

I need to get them on my wrist and go from there.

Thanks
    Luke

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your input.

I have loved the Black Bay with the red bezel since I saw it around 3 years ago, when I started taking note of watches.

My only issue is the size, I will head back to the jewellers over the weekend and try the watch on, I think the BB58 would be perfect, but there out of budget.

My weekday watch is a Hamilton Khaki 38mm, a a B&J black nato, and a Montblanc 4810 (wedding present)

The black bezel is lovely, more subtle, the red is more eye catching!

I need to get them on my wrist and go from there.

Thanks
    Luke

Don't forget blue. The BB Blue is (for me) the best BB colour. It is not black, and by definition, therefore more interesting, but it is a nice understated dark blue. Subtle, not shouty.
    Dave

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Don't forget blue. The BB Blue is (for me) the best BB colour. It is not black, and by definition, therefore more interesting, but it is a nice understated dark blue. Subtle, not shouty.
    Dave
    Green also?....

Don't forget about vintage Omegas in that price range. I wear a Flightmaster '73 and it's a great daily wearer. Also the SHOM vintage and watchco rebuilds.