closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pelagos blue or new (potentially!) BB58/sub...

Master

Pelagos blue or new (potentially!) BB58/sub...

Since buying my BB58 I wear my pelagos less and less. I love both watches and both are very comfortable but the 58 is that little bit more comfortable and that little bit more refined. The 58 also fits in to more situations in the sense of works better at work and can also be a daily and a dive watch.

Also, I am not sure if the size of the pelagos will eventually mean I stop wearing it/choose to wear it less and less. I have no issues with the 42mm Diameter and 50mm lug to lug but I find the max height I like is 13mm is its a tad to tall. This is my thought process when wearing my 58.

Then I put on my pelagos and the titanium colour, the lume, the ceramic bezel, the epic clasp and the blue colour all make me love it.

I cant discuss this with my wife and she doesn't give a monkeys left testicle!

Would I be mad to sell the pelagos for another BB? I am convinced it will either be a 40mm sub or more likely a BB58 case with different colour bezel. THe key being both are perfect dimensions.

Stu

Master
    I’m really drawn towards the pelagos and finding it hard to resist to buy one! I would say keep it, if Tudor launch more colours for the 58 maybe you could look at swapping bezels every now and then ?

I really would wait until we see what Tudor do in terms of the BB58 range this Baselworld. It is only 2 months away and we will hopefully get a better idea what they want to do with the range (which I am sure they will extend as they have developed a new movement for use in a single watch at present).

As the field (hopefully) opend up on the BB58 range you can see whether the Pelagos can be replaced with something different enough (from your current BB58) to warrant buying.

Because at present, the Pelagos is definitely different enough from the BB58 to warrant keeping.

Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I really would wait until we see what Tudor do in terms of the BB58 range this Baselworld. It is only 2 months away and we will hopefully get a better idea what they want to do with the range (which I am sure they will extend as they have developed a new movement for use in a single watch at present).

As the field (hopefully) opend up on the BB58 range you can see whether the Pelagos can be replaced with something different enough (from your current BB58) to warrant buying.

Because at present, the Pelagos is definitely different enough from the BB58 to warrant keeping.

Dave
    That’s my thinking.... given it’s only 2 months wait I think waiting is the answer. The technical quality of the Pelagos (as mentioned in my first post) trumps the 58 BUT I can’t shake the feeling it will feel too big in the future. To swap a technically superior watch for a better size.

Craftsman

For me i would like tudor to improve the quality of there straps
    Just got a black bay s and g lovely watch but the strap
    Then bit of serching on the web its nowvon an everest rubber strap and looks stunning

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    That’s my thinking.... given it’s only 2 months wait I think waiting is the answer. The technical quality of the Pelagos (as mentioned in my first post) trumps the 58 BUT I can’t shake the feeling it will feel too big in the future. To swap a technically superior watch for a better size.
    I keep posting here that I think they should do a Pelagos 58 - it would seem your perfect answer too......

Master
    I keep posting here that I think they should do a Pelagos 58 - it would seem your perfect answer too......
    Certainly would! I just can’t evwr see the Pelagos clasp or ceramic bezel being used on a smaller model. It would be a direct competitor to a Rolex sub. Yes, still more tool watch looking but size would be the reason for the comparisons and clearly the technical quality of the Pelagos. Also, can’t see them adding ceramic bezels or the Pelagos clasp to the BB range either as it would push up the price of the BB and it is a watch that sits below the Pelagos.

Master
    You're not the only one. I sold my Pelagos a few years back because it wore too big on me but I absolutely bloody loved it apart from that. I'd easily take that over a tudor sub re-imagining.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    You're not the only one. I sold my Pelagos a few years back because it wore too big on me but I absolutely bloody loved it apart from that. I'd easily take that over a tudor sub re-imagining.
    A smaller Pelagos would be very interesting. I'm hoping Tudor do something blue with the 58 case size this year