closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heuer Audi Sport

Master

Heuer Audi Sport

I'd like a Lemania 5100 powered Heuer and I like the case the Audi Sport is in. However Audi Sports are like hen's teeth and I don't particularly want Audi written on my watch, did Heuer use this case for any other models? What I really want is an Audi Sport without "Audi sport" written on it.

Master
    No, Heuer didn't use this case for any other model. This was just used for the Audi Sport edition. However, this case is actually a Lemania design, 'borrowed' by Heuer for the Audi production and can be found as a Lemania, with the full 5100 layout, including the 24hr sub-dial. A bit of background reading:
    https://www.calibre11.com/heuer-lemania-part-one/
    https://www.calibre11.com/heuer-lemania-part-two/
    Good luck in finding one. I would also like one of either the Lemania or Heuer version. I'm a bit of a sucker for these style cases, with a Heuer Pasadena, 7500 Montreal, Porsche Design 5100 etc in the collection.

Master
    Thanks for the comprehensive response Tom, do you know if the Lemania version has a model number or name. Is it more or less scarce than the AS?

Exactly as above (Kudos to Call 11 for still crediting me for help in those articles linked above, I remember discussing them ages ago).
    This is a Lemania case, which Heuer only used for the Audi Sport. So if you want Heuer on it, you have to have Audi Sport too.

However, others did use it, and in fact there is a Dugena version for sale on Ebay at the moment, here.

It is a poor example in the fact that it is missing the all-important crystal (under which the tachymetre is printed), and he wants too much money for it.

But it shows that they are out there,
    Dave

I foolishly sold mine many years ago and was slightly pleased to have made a bit of a profit on my £200 investment, how silly was that ??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    I foolishly sold mine many years ago and was slightly pleased to have made a bit of a profit on my £200 investment, how silly was that ??
    I really can't think of any watch that I sold at a profit and haven't since regretted letting it go.