closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor BB servicing

Journeyman

Tudor BB servicing

Afternoon all,
    Can you advise how much a Tudor Black Bay service would be. I am thinking about buying a used BB but would like to know the cost of service. Also do you get the same level of service as you do at Rolex?
    Thanks in advance.

Craftsman
    Think service pricing is similar to Rolex so around £500-600 for a time and date only watch

Master
    Depends whether it is the ETA model or the in-house movement. Many prefer the former for reasons including cheaper servicing - as they can be worked on by any good independents.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Think service pricing is similar to Rolex so around £500-600 for a time and date only watch
    Well that's not correct information is it - a Black Bay bronze was less than £250 direct, not including a case refurb and it soesnt come on a bracelet, so considerably cheaper than a Rolex, and possibly competitive with some independents. Genesis, who will carry out a full service quote general direct prices, which are £325 for a full service on an auto Tudor (presumably full bracelet and full refurb included), or £475 for an automatic Rolex professional range that they will service.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Well that's not correct information is it - a Black Bay bronze was less than £250 direct, not including a case refurb and it soesnt come on a bracelet, so considerably cheaper than a Rolex, and possibly competitive with some independents. Genesis, who will carry out a full service quote general direct prices, which are £325 for a full service on an auto Tudor (presumably full bracelet and full refurb included), or £475 for an automatic Rolex professional range that they will service.
    £250 from RSC? Wow that’s quite reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    £250 from RSC? Wow that’s quite reasonable.
    It may have been before the last round of price increases, but it's ballpark, and fair bit cheaper compared to the quoted Rolex prices for servicing the modern watches - Rolex/Tudor will advise on the exact price for the exact model if you call the service centre though - much easier to check and ask.

Personally for a newer Tudor I'd be going direct or using an accredited like Duncan - the price difference between them and a completely independent just isn't worth it imo, and sometimes crazily enough, it's cheaper!

Rolex St James has just quoted me £179 plus VAT for full service on my Black Bay ETA model.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Rolex St James has just quoted me £179 plus VAT for full service on my Black Bay ETA model.
    Thank you Christian! I'm sure that's the previous price for the Tudor Black Bay Bronze, so pleased to see it hasn't gone up. But... is that a movement service only without a case/bracelet refurb? From memory Tudor added an amount on, but with the Rolex it's a free part of the service, so the price is the same whether you have a Rolex refurbed or not - presumably lots of people ask not to have their Rolex polished ;)

I think my estimate invoice says full movement service with like-for-like parts and a complimentary case refinish. I have a small scratch on the bezel. They suggested changing this but at a cost of nearly £200 I didn’t bother.

Sounds like good value to me :)

Journeyman
    Thanks for the advice. Not too bad on price - £650 looked quite scary but the other quotes look a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Just found my estimate...exact prices are as follows:

Full service including complimentary refurbishment of case/bracelet £197.17

New bezel £197.30
    New crown £45.41

All prices excl VAT

Journeyman

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Just found my estimate...exact prices are as follows:

Full service including complimentary refurbishment of case/bracelet £197.17

New bezel £197.30
    New crown £45.41

All prices excl VAT
    I’m sure a full service on a Submariner used to include a new crown (if needed) in the price of the service. I asked at a couple of services and was told it was almost always replaced as the threads wear over time. Seems strange to quote it as an option, maybe you just get less replaced for your money nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I’m sure a full service on a Submariner used to include a new crown (if needed) in the price of the service. I asked at a couple of services and was told it was almost always replaced as the threads wear over time. Seems strange to quote it as an option, maybe you just get less replaced for your money nowadays

I've always paid separately for a new crown when required on my sports Rolex, on every service in the last 25 years - UK that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I've always paid separately for a new crown when required on my sports Rolex, on every service in the last 25 years - UK that is.
    Hmm that’s odd. I’m sure I had them replaced as part of the service - even mentioned on the service paperwork and marked as zero cost. However I don’t have the paperwork any more so can’t check. These were uk services, and always taken into St James directly as I worked just around the corner.

Craftsman

New bezel £197.30

All prices excl VAT
    £200 for a new bezel. Ouch. Are the inserts not removable on these then?