timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help with watch values

Craftsman

Help with watch values

Hi

I have just bought a Rolex SD43 and it emptied the funds need to replenish

Thinking of selling a few watches

Looking for advice on values and maybe best place to sell, not sold any in a long time

I have 3 on the block first

Cartier Tank FRANCAISE W51002Q3 Mens Auto

Bought new for me in 2001 with full box and papers really good condition but not worn in years, to be perfect it will need a service as it has never been serviced and some wear marks on bracelet ( quoted £420 from Cartier, do I service or sell as is?)

Omega 1950s Bumper

A lovely watch 35mm so a bit bigger than normal bumpers
    Bought by me about 2011, No box/papers,
    it’s just been serviced (August 2018), new main spring, new Omega crown, Hands re-lumed, pressure tested etc by our own Paul Walker ( got a receipt for this work)

Omega Chronostop Seamaster 41mm (Telemetre Dial in Miles)
    Again lovely watch, best I have seen of these, bought by me 2013, then it had just been completely stripped down and given a full service, the case and bracelet have been refinished bringing them back to the original factory finish this has been done without losing the sharp lines of the case and now it has the stunning Omega sunburst finish.
    No box/papers
    There are a few little marks on one side where someone tried to put the bracelet on.
    The watch is all original with a new the Omega crystal and a nos Omega second/timer hand
    this work was done by Rocco from watchworks and you may be familiar with his work and excellent case refinishing.
    This is on leather but I have the correct Omega 1117/549 bracelet/endlinks not been worn since refurb

Thanks for looking all advice grateful

ps

I also have a Omega Dynamic Chronograph and a Omega Speedmaster 3513.33 I am selling when I get the info together
    Last edited by Neilo; 22nd January 2019 at 17:49.

Grand Master
    The 50s Omega’s a really nice example, I remember working on it. The Chronostop sounds excellent too.

I’ll drop you a PM giving my opinion on the 50s one, but I’d be guessing on the Chronostop. Clearly, it’s a good one, Rocco has a lapping machine and that’s the best (only) way to get the original finish 100% right.

Are you really sure you want to sell? Once they’re gone they’re hard to replace.

Edit: Just checked my records, the 50s Omega's guaranteed with me till the end of July, provided the watch stays on TZ I'm happy to transfer the guarantee.
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 22nd January 2019 at 15:03.

Craftsman
    The Chronostop I would say £800 - £1000. They do wear very nicely those. If it had the left hand crown for rotating the inner bezel it would be a couple of hundred quid more.

Grand Master
    Tell me where I can find one in this condition for £800-£1000!

I`ve had a few of these on the bench and usually the cases are well battered. Properly restored examples fetch strong money, and rightly so.

Craftsman
    I don't follow them avidly but at auction I have seen a very nice two crown, one pusher Seamster Chronostop make £1200 fairly recently. I used to have one so my eye is always drawn to them. That's the highest I have seen one sell for personally. I don't check what dealers are asking for them. I agree they have been on the rise.
    Last edited by size11s; 22nd January 2019 at 18:16.

Craftsman
    Just to follow up, had a quick browse around and you are right Walkerwek1958, I was being a bit pessimistic with prices for that lovely Chronostop.

Craftsman
    Always try sold lidtings on ebay