closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mattresses - Emma

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    Reigniting this thread as i actually have some money to get one now.

Any more thoughts on Emma and others?

Best,

Ben
    We ordered one yesterday for our guest room, used the following code which gave 35% off 15DEC-12FM

I think the code is due to expire in 2 days.

Master
    Tempur cloud here, love it - it feels different to every other memory foam ive ever laid on.

You need the matching pillows too to get the best out of it imo

Journeyman
    been on Emma for 2 to 3 months now.
    took a couple of weeks to start sleeping properly but haven't looked back, would recommend.

Like many others I can't get on with memory foam, just too hot for me.

We have a VI Spring in our master bedroom and a Hypnos in the main guest bedroom - both are pocket sprung, the Vi Spring is split tension so wifey and I each have the relevent spring tension and it's full of wool and horsehair so it's temperature regulation is excellent. The Hypnos has a bit more man made filling (a latex layer I think), but is still excellent.

Both are supremely comfortable and we've added a Devon Duvets wool matress topper to the VI Spring, which basically makes it like sleeping in a fluffy cloud. Both wifey and I have back issues from years of sporting injuries, and since switching to the VI spring we've noticed an amazing difference.

Don't neglect a traditional constrution, if it's done well it can be amazing.

Craftsman
    I bought a pocket sprung silent night some years back that was topped with memory foam. I can't remember the exact specs in terms of springs etc but it was one of their best. It's really good and I much prefer it to a pure foam mattress.

We had a sprung / foam mixed mattress from Next, canít remember exactly which one but it wasnít cheap. Absolute POS. Within 18 months one side had almost collapsed and it felt like I had to cling on during the night so I didnít roll out. Mattress had be turned regularly, Iím not exactly a heavyweight and I donít think any nocturnal activities would have been sufficient to void the warranty...

Anyway, ordered a Nectar mattress a few weeks back. It arrived in the ridiculously small box on time, the old mattress was taken away and Iíve been delighted with it. Much firmed than the previous one and weíve both slept much better. We were about to drop £3k on a Tempur one but for £650 with two pillows and a 365 day return it seemed daft not too give it a go.

No idea if itís better / worse / exactly the same as the Emma / Eve etc etc ones, they probably all originate in the same place but after many months of back ache Iím finally able to get out of bed without anywhere near as much pain!

Journeyman
    We bought a Casper 2 years ago and itís significantly helped my lower back problems. Was wired at first as it felt much firmer to start with but now we love it!

Night 2 on a Simba mattress, much firmer than our previous pocket sprung but Iíll persevere. I donít feel the cold and we previously had a topper which was sweaty af so hopefully thisíll be an improvement.

Craftsman
    Just seen a deal on hukd for the following

https://rem-fit.co.uk/rem-fit-pocket...-foam-mattress

Does anyone have any experience of the company as I haven't heard of them but the price looks great for the super king.

Never seen them before but looks a decent price

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by macdaddymac View Post
    Never seen them before but looks a decent price
    Expired now unfortunately, however they seem to be popular in the US and get very positive reviews, I have back problems so may give the 500 orthopaedic a try.

I've never owned a bed - it's a conspiracy by the Mattress-Industrial Complex.

A combination of a mattress which is starting to sag a bit and too much time on my hands has resulted in some intensive internet searching, and I have just ordered the mattress that "Which?" described as "the best mattress we've ever tested" according to their December 2019 mattress appraisal.

It's the Eve Premium Hybrid which comes with a 100-night money back guarantee, and will be delivered on Monday.

I'll report back later. Probably on Tuesday.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.