closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Navitimer bracelet advice

Navitimer bracelet advice

Hi all,

A mate of mine has been in touch to see if I could suggest an economical way of getting a Breitling bracelet fixed. I know nowt about Navitimers so I wonder if anyone here has any suggestions?

I don't have a lot of detail I'm afraid - the watch in turn belongs to a mate of my mate. It's clear from the pics that one of the links has parted company with the pins/screws that hold it in and I assume been lost. From what I understand, the quote from Breitling is going to cost an arm and a leg (I assume they're suggesting a new bracelet). And whilst the watch is apparently of some sentimental value, a repair would clearly be much preferable.

Does anyone know where to locate a link as in the pics, and/or someone who might repair it?

Thanks
    Steve

Craftsman

bracelet

I would just remove the broken link then remove the spring bar in the endpiece and then reconnect the three gold links to that.
    You will lose a bit of length but hopefully he has links.
    Last edited by Michael E; 22nd January 2019 at 15:30.

Thanks for the reply Michael, but from what I can see, the links taper and the ones nearest the end-links are quite a bit fatter than the next ones, so I'm not sure discarding the top link would work.

If the part that has come away is lost I am afraid there is not much he can do IMHO
    There is a bit of gold in the bracelet so maybe scrap the original and put the money towards a SS version?
    If he does have the part maybe a two part adhesive would hold it in place?
    I have to say I think Navitimers look better on leather in any case.

My understanding is that he'd like to keep it as intact as possible, owing to the sentimental value. So I guess the question is, is there anywhere that's likely to sell a link on its own?
    Last edited by Bloobird; 23rd January 2019 at 10:34.

I've got my Navi on a croc strap today so I can't check till I get home.

I think the link pins have little screws. Which look like they have came loose and fallen out, taking the link with them.

Even though these are bi metal bracelets it looks like the bit that's been lost is stainless.

I'm sure if he keeps an eye on eBay a suitable link will some up sooner or later.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk