closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Issue with Longines VHP

Issue with Longines VHP

I have a Longines VHP which has now been back to the factory twice with an alignment issue between the minute and seconds hands.

The video hopefully shows the issue: the minute hand is meant to move one sixth of the distance between minute markers every ten seconds, however as you can see after setting it doesn’t move at all until 30 seconds, meaning the minute hand is never correctly aligned.

If I try to trick it and set the minute hand two “steps” ahead then it will jump right to the next minute marker after 10 seconds!

https://youtu.be/HLoJfHe3jsI

It is now just over a year old but has been back to Longines twice for them to “fix” it only for it to come back with this problem. To add insult to injury the last time they didn’t return the warranty card.

I’ve gone back to the dealer again to let them know about the issue and am awaiting their reply, however, I’m starting to think it can’t be fixed.

I should say it didn’t have the issue from new, but developed it after about 9 months.

I really like the watch but this issue is really p***ing me off. Just looking for any thoughts really.

Blog Entries
    Consumer rights act comes to mind:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...mer-rights-act

Refund / Replace if not according to specification (written or otherwise) - it’s been an issue from the beginning?

Hope the link is useful?

Martyn.

Yes that helps, it was definitely outside 6 months but still within the 12 month guarantee period, can’t see any specific mention of tyrants or warranty in that link. I think I have to wait to see what they say.

The most irritating thing is it’s not an intermittent fault (now anyway) and they are sending it back saying it’s fixed when it’s clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Totally unacceptable! I would insist on a refund and go for a Grand Seiko Quartz, which inspired the VHP

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Agree it’s not acceptable, though I would prefer to have it work as it should. I have a GS quartz already though not a perpetual calendar like the Longines.