closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Irish help

Irish help

The son of a childhood friend of mine is studying to be a business engineer in France. He has already 2 years after his baccalaureate, studying electronics, and now his school is focusing on the business side of things, project development, etc.

He is looking for an internship in Ireland, minimum 13 weeks, where he will be able to assist and hopefully do more than just preparing tea. He is available from 1st April but it can be later. It doesn’t have to be in electronics as he would like to focus on the business side of things.

He spent over 6 months last year touring Australia so English should be good enough once his ear has adapted to the accent

The choice of Ireland is based on the requirements of his school in Le Mans.

If anyone here knows anyone who could both help and use the lad’s help, he is a good lad and will pull his weight during that time.

Thanks in advance.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Does the college not have partner companies/relationships with universities here that would help find relevant companies. I have no business contacts contacts unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they have a few, but it’s a bit dog eat dog apparently.

Ok. That is probably the case. My only advice would be to look outside Dublin. Galway, maybe limerick. The cost (and even availability ) of accommodation in Dublin is astronomical. I’m in cork and housing supply also very scarce. If I knew they type of business he was looking for I might be able to give some suggestions-pointers. Huge companies such as intel/Apple/Facebook /google/ are all based here and huge employers. But he may be looking for a smaller indigenous company.

Thank you very much for the pointers. I think all his options are open. I believe he has written to the big ones, but often the smaller firms will offer more ‘hands on’ experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Thank you very much for the pointers. I think all his options are open. I believe he has written to the big ones, but often the smaller firms will offer more ‘hands on’ experience.
    There are a lot of start up businesses in the micro brewing/distillery areas all over the south coast of Ireland currently maybe in the need of project/product development people. An alternative to multinationals.

That would be soo much up his street

Do you have names?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    That would be soo much up his street

Do you have names?
    Yes. Leave with me. I will put a list together for you. And put in a message. I can name up to 10 in county cork alone. West cork is becoming a foodexcellence hub and is alive with food/ beverage micro businesses.

Much appreciated, thank you.

Maybe contact Arms office in Dublin? They don't do this sort of thing in the main office regularly but the smaller offices may be more flexible? https://www.arm.com/company/offices