closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: WiFi room stats

WiFi room stats

Morning all
    I’ve got the basic old fashioned room stat with the round dial
    Fed up of getting up and going down stairs to put heating in then waiting half hour for house to warm up
    Gonna go for one of the WiFi stats like nest or hive
    We have a newish Worcester combi
    Can anyone recommend nest ?
    Andy

Have nest and it’s good, easy to use app works well. Great fun to turn the heating down when your out and the in laws are babysitting!!

Master
    We’ve had tado the last 18 months or so it’s been superb and also enables you to control individual radiators if you expand with their trvs. Certainly not the cheapest though but I’d buy it again

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    Great fun to turn the heating down when your out and the in laws are babysitting!!
    Ha never knew I needed this in my life until ^^^this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    Have nest and it’s good, easy to use app works well. Great fun to turn the heating down when your out and the in laws are babysitting!!
    Brilliant

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    We have nest, very easy to use.

Master
    Re minds me of the old classic.

put your coat on luv.
    Why are we going out
    No, I am...
    As to the original q nest is great we have had one in our apartment for a good while now.

One point with hive is that after the forest year there is a optional £2.99 monthly subscription for some of its features, nest is buy once that’s it.

Cheers gents. Cheapest I’ve seen the nest is about £180 on Amazon. Anyone find it cheaper ?

Master
    I’ve had nest for a couple of years now. Never had an issue.

We fit a fair few of these controls for our customers. My personal preference is hive but many of them will all do a similar thing, heating, hot water, lights, plug switches, motion, window and door sensors, indoor and outdoor cameras etc... all from the app on your phone... and if you have one, paired up with Alexa. I particularly enjoy turning the heating and lights off when I’m not home ;) Mrs C thinks that being able to turn the slow cooker on and off from work is wonderful, she also has her hair straighteners and on a smart plug and can check that she turned them off (every day!)... so much more than a thermostat now if you want it to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Nest household here - works well.

Some good prices on eBay.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Hive user here, easy peasy to set up and operate. The app turns inside lights and lamps on and off just right, the sockets are a good option too. Don't have it sleeping with Alexa as I've not had the time or inclination to do so as yet.

Craftsman
    I've installed Tado because at the time, neither Nest nor Hive had geo and the most important thing for me was to automatically turn the heating down/hot water off when we are both away working irregular patterns so any "learning" function would be useless in these circumstances.

Nest is fantastic. We opted for it not wired and have it on a stand under the TV. If you have a standard combi boiler it's a no brainer but if you want to set your house into zones or have a system boiler Hive will be a cheaper install.