closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: This or that, Panerai question

This or that, Panerai question

Gents.

Mulling over 2 Panerais. Both titanium. One is the London Boutique special 913 and the other is the regular production 562. The 913 has a RRP of £5900 and no discount available, the 562 has a RRP of £5700 but I can get one from an AD for around £4800 or so. Therefore the price variance is larger. I prefer the look of the 562 due to the tobacco dial but feel the London Boutique edition with its run of only 100 may be a good value retainer.

AM I over thinking this and should just go with what I like most - the 562?

If it's a keeper, get what you think you'll like most.
    It's just a matter of time...

Head v heart.

Your head is thinking cash, discount and the best deal. Your heart tells you which Watch you like best.

Go with the heart and buy the one you really want.

Craftsman
    I have next to no knowledge on the reslae value of limited edition Panerais but first and foremost I always buy what I like/prefer. If I bought the limited edition knowing I preferred the tobacco dial everytime I wore the watch I'd be thinking should have got the tobacco dial.

Not sure why when making a choice between two available watches , anyone would not choose the one they prefer.

Master
    Ryan, Looking at images of the two of them I would go for the 562 with the less cluttered dial and that lovely tobacco colour.
    Steve

Master
    Go for the one you like most - buying for what other people desire is never a good idea

Journeyman
    The boutique edition might retain their value a bit better but is that what you really want?

Craftsman
    I think the boutique version is worth the premium, I’m not a fan of the 8 day text and the engraved case back is a really nice touch. That said, if you prefer the tobacco dial and it’s £1000 cheaper then win win. Limited edition Panerais are two a penny, where’s that hitter you tube vid? 😂

I'd go with what you like - not sure how collectible the 913 is likely to be.

Personally I'd go with the 913 for the 'pig' on the dial - I also think it looks better overall.

I also agree with the above - not a fan of how the 8 days is written on the 562.

The other thing is base versus a running seconds.

Craftsman
    I didn’t realise the 562 didn’t have the second hand dial , that would be a deal breaker for me as I like to watch something moving to know the watch is still running and to time and the kid when I’m shouting and giving ultimatums !

Thanks Gents. A dealer has gone to £4250 for a BNIB 562 which now makes this a total no brainer as that's £1500 off RRP and nearly 30% discount so I'm going down that path now

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Thanks Gents. A dealer has gone to £4250 for a BNIB 562 which now makes this a total no brainer as that's £1500 off RRP and nearly 30% discount so I'm going down that path now
    Agreed, that would be my choice.....cheaper than used and a great looking Pam.

Craftsman
    Good choice. And I bet you'll feel a little happier wearing it knowing you've not bought for investment plus you got an awesome deal on it.
    Last edited by NickGaters; 20th January 2019 at 10:59.

Master
    I’ve got a 562 it’s a masterpiece! Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.