closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Leaving Vodafone after 2 weeks!

Leaving Vodafone after 2 weeks!

Just sharing and experience and seeing if there are any recommendations...

For our mobile service provider, we've been with giffgaff for a good number of years. A recent move meant we struggle for signal in the home.

Initial reading showed WiFi-Calling is the best option; basically in cases where your device struggles for mast signal, it obtains it instead via your existing WiFi signal, and you are able to make and receive calls & SMS msgs (without knowing signal is being obtained through WiFi). Perfect!

• Vodafone seemed to offer the most competitive prices, and crucially, sold us the WiFi Calling feature, and recommended us a SIM-Only package based on our usage and needs (i.e. mins/SMS/data/WiFi Calling).
    • Within a few days of joining, they inform us the tariff we are on doesn't support WiFi Calling.
    • We are bemused as the are the ones who recommended it based on us seeking WiFi Calling specifically!
    • As we are in the first 30 days, we shall leverage the cooling off period and move to, likely, O2.

There is no recognition from Vodafone in terms of mis-selling or poor recommendations. Talking to their offshore agents (India and Egypt so far) is frustrating as they tend to follow the same script.
    Finally speaking to the UK agents (i.e. cancellations) was of little help as they advised they cannot do anything despite being able to verify they made the wrong recommendation (they will "put the employee on relevant training"). Not impressed at all.

Fingers crossed O2 will be better...

O2 is decent but has the same total offing useless call centres, who say all the right things but do not do any of what was promised.

However I have been with o2 for almost 20 years, from the time they were BT Cellnet. Why? because where I live, they are just better than any other. And I check annually.

Now this is where the problem starts: Giff Gaff is on the O2 network.

So you will have Wifi calling at home, but as soon as you're out of wifi range you will have the same low signal as you had with tiff gaff
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Giff gaff use O2 for signal. If you are going to use WiFi calling EE are pretty decent and it automatically works. O2 have to enable at (at least on business plan I am on) and can’t enable conference calling if that is important to you. They sell a conference call service but is 5 a month so not suitable for occasionally adding someone else into a call.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

So I have had a couple of weeks of fun with Vodafone. My new work phone is on Vodafone, after 10 years on EE. Our house in Ruralish location for Hertfordshire. But EE works fine drops the odd call but from the iPhone 6 with Wi-fi calling it’s been good as gold.

Vodafone Wi-fi calling is disabled on the new phone and signal is rubbish. Although Vodafone say I should get good 4G but it is one bar to Zero. They said I needed to contact my it department to enable Wi-fi calling. Seamed odd but called it they thought it was enabled and it’s free. Vodafone said it would be live by 5pm the next day. Still not working day after next, called Vodafone they said it needed to be enabled by the company, I said has been they said no record of it, rang it they rang them and said it had been done, Vodafone where not sure why it was not working. Another 24 hours same cycle and another and another. Rang Vodafone again and conferenced in the head of IT from my firm to confirm it was Authorised... still not working. Our Vodafone is coming to the office Monday to discuss how rubbish they are.

By the way if you were mislead in the selling process ask for the transcript of you call and inform ofcom, they are clamping down on this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Now this is where the problem starts: Giff Gaff is on the O2 network.

So you will have Wifi calling at home, but as soon as you're out of wifi range you will have the same low signal as you had with tiff gaff
    Thank you - yes, we are aware giffgaff piggyback the O2 infrastructure. giffgaff simply do not offer WiFi Calling whereas O2 do.
    Fortunately, our whole home and garden benefits from strong WiFi signal, and as we are on fibre, speeds (and stability) are more than adequate.

If you google Vodafone complaints, you should see the online complaints form. This was surprisingly very quick after waiting over a month via phone to sort out a contract cancellation and refund.

Master
    I have poor reception at home. EE Wi-fi calling has been very good.

Master

Leaving Vodafone after 2 weeks!

Just left EE after a crap experience and gone to 3, supports WiFi calling and the data binge on the sim only is just brilliant if you use a lot like me and such a bargain price, with roaming abroad included for data and calls! Have a look at that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been with Vodafone for the last 21 years and had never had a problem with them until this year.
    They weren't particularly insurmountable but it was just aggro to do stuff like adding One Number to my Apple Watch and a couple of other administrative things, and that took me pretty close to sacking them off. Of course now it all works (and at a reasonable price) I'm not really bothered by it any more so I'll just carry on.
    Incidentally I have wifi calling on a SIM only, but I am on a fairly high SIM only tariff (£35 for 50 GB and One Number, but with various benefits and cost saving brings me down to £22).

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I have poor reception at home. EE Wi-fi calling has been very good.
    Same here in rural Norfolk. We had O2 which was useless (no signal and just 3G!) asked my teenage son what all his friends used. Got an ee sim only contract at a very reasonable cost and I don’t think I even asked about Wi-Fi call but it works seamlessly and just switches to Wi-Fi call when I’m in or near the house. Work phone is on Vodafone and it’s absolutely hopeless across the county. Maybe I was lucky but I set it all up in an ee store not over the phone to a distant call centre with rudimentary English language skills

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Just left EE after a crap experience and gone to 3, supports WiFi calling and the data binge on the sim only is just brilliant if you use a lot like me and such a bargain price, with roaming abroad included for data and calls! Have a look at that

Thanks for that, Three/3 do appear to offer some competitive tariffs! Will do some reading on their reliability, coverage and customer service first. But it seems as though you're happy which is good to hear.

Master
    Vodafone the worst phone provider I have ever come across. The whole company is incompetent, from the phone people to the management.

I was billed double for 8 months while making probably 50+ phone calls to every single department. Each month I was told it was fixed etc, refund had been issued only to find nonrefundable ever turned up and the same double payment taken every month.

Absolute disgrace they are

- - - Updated - - -

Vodafone the worst phone provider I have ever come across. The whole company is incompetent, from the phone people to the management.

I was billed double for 8 months while making probably 50+ phone calls to every single department. Each month I was told it was fixed etc, refund had been issued only to find nonrefundable ever turned up and the same double payment taken every month.

Master
    3 are the best provider I've ever been with hands down.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Same here. WiFi calling enabled on both our phones (iPhone SE and iPhone 8). Sometimes patchy coverage indoors but it automatically switches to WiFi calling. Once activated on the phones, it automatically goes to WiFi calling on any WiFi network you hook up to. It’s been a real boon when we go to the Peak District several times a year and stay in remote cottages plus when in rural pubs etc.

I currently have unlimited texts, international roaming (not just Europe), 600 minutes and 8gb of data which comes in handy for watching the telly on the train on my way to work. £12 a month sim only and I bought that through TopCashback and got £55 cash back. Wife is on similar - unlimited calls, texts, roaming and 4Gb data sim only for a tenner a month with £45 cash back.

This is some of their current deals through TopCashback.

12 month sim only unlimited call & texts, 4Gb data, free streaming plus use in 71 destinations for £5.25 a month (after cashback). That’s a no-brainer!
    Last edited by Motman; 20th January 2019 at 18:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    Same here.

<snip>

12 month sim only unlimited call & texts, 4Gb data, free streaming plus use in 71 destinations for £5.25 a month (after cashback). That’s a no-brainer!
    Really helpful posts, thank you Motman and Ivan Drago. Much appreciated. I think I'm sold.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    Thanks for that, Three/3 do appear to offer some competitive tariffs! Will do some reading on their reliability, coverage and customer service first. But it seems as though you're happy which is good to hear.
    They use the 02 networks I believe I’ve found it to be very good so far, my work phone is 02 and they seem to have the same strength of signal and data speeds all over the place

Craftsman
    Three use their own network. There are 4 networks in the Uk - Three, EE, O2 and Vodafone. All others are virtual networks that piggyback off of one of the big 4.

Craftsman
    main issue is their customer service. If you ever have problems with vodafone go into a shop. Trying to communicate with them any other way is far too painful

They must be the same worldwide then? I have 2 sims with Vodafone India and they’ve just randomly taken money, lodged a complaint and they reckon it was data usage but the sims were with me in the uk not even in a phone. The complaint went no where with no explanation and to then cap it all as that hadn’t resolved the issue after 3 months they then cited that as the incident happened more than 3 months ago now there was nothing they could do no. Even though I had lodged the complaint within days of the money being taken.