closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: AEG combi drill Heads Up.

AEG combi drill Heads Up.

Anyone have any experience of AEG power tools? This looks a good deal along with the impact driver.
    My old Bosch finally died in the New Year so I’m very tempted.

https://cpc.farnell.com/aeg-power-to...525252520Drill

It’s a decent price for an 18v ,but 2.5amp is old school nowadays,should handle most tasks though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Get 18v milwaukee fuel. You won't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by D4RK1 View Post
    Get 18v milwaukee fuel. You won't look back.
    AEG come from the same stable as Milwaukee apparently. I'll let you know what it’s like, I’ve got some curtain poles and blinds to put up when it gets delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    AEG come from the same stable as Milwaukee apparently. I'll let you know what it’s like, I’ve got some curtain poles and blinds to put up when it gets delivered.
    As do Dirt Devil and Hoover.

Personally I’d buy another brand like Bosch, DeWalt or Makita.

Shame it's not a hammer drill, otherwise I would be all over it.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Looks good for the price, personally I have blue Bosch drill and driver that’s over 10 years old, they have had a lot of use, other than replacing the batteries with aftermarket ones a few years ago they have been great..

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Think it is.

Doesnt say so, also does not appear if you type in Hammer Drill in search. Happy if someone can advise otherwise. Great value.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Doesnt say so, also does not appear if you type in Hammer Drill in search. Happy if someone can advise otherwise. Great value.
    hotukdeals page says it is: - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/aeg...ed-cpc-3166256

One on eBay: - https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/233082846895
    Homebase: - https://www.homebase.co.uk/aeg-bsb18...ll-kit_p396998
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 19th January 2019 at 16:56.

Craftsman
    I'm pretty sure a combo drill is a normal drill which has a hammer action mode.

I've got a DeWalt which is so good, I bought one for my dad as a present. One of my best mates is a carpenter and he's got Makita and DeWalt, but swears by the DeWalt stuff.

Is this the same drill...link?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BritishExpat View Post
    I'm pretty sure a combo drill is a normal drill which has a hammer action mode.

I've got a DeWalt which is so good, I bought one for my dad as a present. One of my best mates is a carpenter and he's got Makita and DeWalt, but swears by the DeWalt stuff.
    Dewalt aren't bad as a unit but the batteries let them down

Master
    I have standardised on Makita 18v LXT stuff - bought the drill, impact driver, strimmer, multitool thing, 2 chain saws, hedge trimmer and small vac over the past 18 months - really impressed with all, especially the small chainsaws, (work off 2 x 18v batteries).... OEM Battery life is very good

so my advice would be - if you are thinking about investing in Battery powered tools - and you feel that you may add to your initial purchase - look at what you may buy in future and if such are part of the manufacturers range.

Batteries are expensive, (say £50 a throw for a 5Amp and a fast charger is useful).

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    I have standardised on Makita 18v LXT stuff - bought the drill, impact driver, strimmer, multitool thing, 2 chain saws, hedge trimmer and small vac over the past 18 months - really impressed with all, especially the small chainsaws, (work off 2 x 18v batteries).... OEM Battery life is very good

so my advice would be - if you are thinking about investing in Battery powered tools - and you feel that you may add to your initial purchase - look at what you may buy in future and if such are part of the manufacturers range.

Batteries are expensive, (say £50 a throw for a 5Amp and a fast charger is useful).
    Me too, thinking of getting lawnmower in Spring.

Looking at the AEG website the offer a Drill Driver which is BS18 CBL and a Hammer Drill called a BSB 18 CBL.

Both the Homebase drill and CPC are BSB's, but I just wonder why CPC did not say it was a Hammer Drill.

I will email them and ask the question. If it is then I will buy it to replace my old 18v DW's.

Friedrich Nietzsche

If you want to add an impact driver, it seems to be cheaper to add the bare unit rather than buy the kit.

It’s a combi drill so it’ll have drill/driver/hammer settings.
    I found a review on YouTube which made my mind up to go for one yesterday. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-wn-DppJlDo

My old blue DeWalt combi drill (handed down from my dad!) had served me well for years but after 3 extensions to our last two homes (and my dads various home improvements) it’s gone to power tool heaven.

I'm not expecting the AEG to take anything like the battering the DeWalt went through but I’m confident it would be more than capable.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    If you want to add an impact driver, it seems to be cheaper to add the bare unit rather than buy the kit.
    The kit has two drills though, no? Whereas the one in the OP is just the combi drill. Or is the kit image just one drill, but shown twice dressed differently with the additional parts that come with it?

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    The kit has two drills though, no? Whereas the one in the OP is just the combi drill. Or is the kit image just one drill, but shown twice dressed differently with the additional parts that come with it?
    Take a look at the titles and contents of each. The kit is 'Combi Drill & Impact Driver Kit' the bare unit is 'Impact Driver - Bare Unit'.

Hence:

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post

Master
    I had an AEG 18v cordless, one of the older, now discontinued pro range. When I bought it they were offering a lifetime warranty but it went up in smoke after about 5 years. The service agent attempted to get parts to repair it but these were no longer available. I ended up being offered either a full refund of my purchase price or a new 18v Milwaukee with 2X Li-ion batteries. Needless to say I took the Milwaukee.
    According to the service agent the older, blue AEG that I had ( https://www.harrisandbailey.com/shop...ill-BSB18STX-R ) was a decent tool, but the new, orange range was rubbish. To prove the point he showed me a skip full of Ryobi and the current AEG, which were warranty returns. The current AEG lies between Ryobi and Milwaukee in the stable of brands.
    I think one of the best indicators of endurance / reliability is to check out what your local tool hire outfit use.
    Last edited by TomGW; 20th January 2019 at 23:26.

I had an email confirmation from CPC that this is a Hammer Drill and I ordered one.

The DW's can now be retired

Friedrich Nietzsche

It arrived today. Very happy indeed.

Ps it's defo a Hammer Drill.

Friedrich Nietzsche

This was on HUKD for anyone interested:

https://www.homebase.co.uk/aeg-18v-2...teries_p389776

Battery aH is too small for anything serious TBH.

Milwaukee all day long.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post

Milwaukee all day long.
    Or Hitachi 5aH

Ultimate cordless drill....

Blog Entries
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Lol!

What's funny about that? I found out it was the HD variant and bought one.

Very good it is too.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post

Milwaukee all day long.

Milwaukee is good but overpriced, and the back up service/parts availability is a shambles.

Makita is hard to beat as an all round brand at good value. I rate Metabo too.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    Milwaukee is good but overpriced, and the back up service/parts availability is a shambles.

Makita is hard to beat as an all round brand at good value. I rate Metabo too.
    Yes, I've settled for Makita tools.

If you want the best — Festool.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard. View Post
    If you want the best — Festool.

It might be cheaper to actually pay a professional to do the work than buy Festools.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Hitachi had the best specs by far when I bought a couple of years back. Still impresses everytime I use it.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using TZ-UK mobile app

Hilti for me ,best drills by far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk