closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: WatchGecko Straps

Master

WatchGecko Straps

has anyone bought a strap from WatchGecko

what are they like?

your comments would be appreciated - I'm looking at the leather ZULU and leather NATO and maybe the canvas/leather two piece

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Not had the straps that you are looking at but had several fabric NATO and a couple of standard leather straps and all been very good quality with free delivery. I used code POSTCARD to receive 10% discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Bill I bought an Italian leather for my Roger Taylor watch. Great quality for the price and super fast delivery, two days if I remember correctly. They also include complimentary spring bars

Steve

Master
    I've had a couple. They were ok in comparison with other mid-priced offerings. And considerably short of the custom makers, as you'd expect.

They were efficient and are clearly passionate about what they do. You can buy with confidence.

The best strap I've bought in the last year was from Steveostraps.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I have 2 from them for my bb58. A tan leather NATO and a MN style NATO very pleased with both. The leather isn't too thick which some thought may be an issue, but as it's slightly thinner I find it very comfortable as it's quite supple. If you look in the bb58 thread I've posted pictures.
    Longevity I can't answer about, but for the money they're worth a try.

Master
    Not quite the answer you were after as I don't have any Watchgecko straps but I will echo Hocupocus in recommending Steveostraps. I have one of his leather Natos and it is very nice indeed.

Will

Craftsman
    I've used them,i was after a slightly thicker nato-very happy with the strap and the servce.

I've used them for NATOs a couple of times and been pleased. Nice options on the hardware.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

I like them but they could cut the price by 20% and use about 2/3 less packaging. It's ridiculous – a thick cardboard envelope inside a thick cardboard envelope, two rigid plastic sleeves, three flyers, a printed invoice and a business card. For a £25 strap.

Master
    I like them.
    Good product and good prices.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I have a couple of them and never had an issue. For the price, you will be happy

Journeyman
    I bought one of their sail cloth straps. Very impressed for the price

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I have bought 3 or 4 straps from them. Not the type you are looking at tho. But the straps I have bought are very good.
    100% recommend

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have bought a lot of different straps from them. Not bought a canvas, but I have a brown leather Zulu which feels high quality, soft and supple with very substantial buckle. The leather is smooth on top but rough underneath which will be visible when you tuck the end of the strap back. I also have a black Horween leather NATO (for my Speedmaster) which is extremely supple and feels very comfortable, but I wish the hardware was better ie. bigger buckle (though it's probably solid enough) and slightly more room under the metal keepers as it's a bit of a squeeze folding back the excess strap under the last keeper. The standard Nato straps are well above average quality and tend to be longer than some others you can get. Overall Watchgecko are great value for money, offer an ever increasing range, and the service is excellent in my experience.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Thanks for all your replies - very helpful - they look good value for money

I have bought a few straps from them and they all have been good quality. Great service and quick delivery.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    And they're a UK based company in Gloucester I believe, which is an additional plus for me.

Craftsman
    I’ve bought a couple of leathers and three NATO’s. They’re very good value and an efficient company to deal with.

The leathers were ok, but nothing special and the NATO’s were mixed, couple being fairly thin and potentially stretchy. Caveat - these were bought very cheaply in their sale, so probably stock clearance stuff.

The one NATO I really like was one of their better quality higher priced lines, very nice material and good quality hardware.

For good quality leather I’d look at Hirsch. Just bought an alligator embossed leather for £29 and it’s fantastic quality for that price.

Have bought a few from them over the years. Fast shipping and reasonably good quality but prices have risen compared to a few years ago. Agree with the poster above - they're OK. I wouldn't say they're fantastic VFM considering what you can get elsewhere. They have an ebay outlet which offers end of line/slow sellers at cheaper prices. One thing that bugs me is that all the 'interesting' straps have white stitching and I'm not a fan. Of course, YMMV.
    Last edited by Geralt; 19th January 2019 at 14:31.

Master
    I like them, had quite a few from there, love the vintage bond NATO.

Craftsman
    I've bought a quite a few from them. The NATOs I have from them are excellent quality and the leather straps are good for what they cost.

I bought a leather rallye from them around a year ago for less than £25. I went to buy another today and they’re now £40!

I’ve had lots of straps from them and they’re very decent but now I think they’re overpriced for what they are.

Master
    I've had 3 nylon NATOs from them via Amazon - the price is pretty reasonable the delivery was fast with Amazon & the quality is good. Plus they supply free replacement pins.

Craftsman
    I bought from Yellow dog watchstraps from the forums suggestions. Have to say I was really impressed

I went for the distressed brown leather Zulu

http://www.yellowdogwatchstraps.com

Craftsman
    I can’t speak to their nato straps but have bought a perlon and a Milanese strap. The Milanese strap is really good for the money. The perlon on the other hand is really quite terrible. The edge finishing is awful with about 3 cm of the underside of the tapered end aggressively melted to stop fraying. The hardware on that strap is also extremely flimsy. I found the nylon rough and it stared fraying very quickly(after about 3 wears).
    I noticed last time I was on their site that they no longer sold perlon straps, this is probably for the best. So their stuff seems to me to be a bit hit and miss and luck of the draw.

Craftsman
    I have one of their vintage soft tops. It's nice, very supple so it's comfortable, but it's stsrted to look old little too quickly for my liking.after only a month it's already wearing where the buckle closes on it. Maybe it's just too delicate for me.

For natos, I'd go with cheap nato straps. Their stitched and seatbelt natos are amazing value and quality. Genuinely unbelievable quality. They are a bit short though, I have a 7 inch wrist and there's too much tail sticking out, but not enough to let me tuck it back i so I had to cut it. Perfect for a 6.75 wrist, need cutting for a 7 inch wrist and 8 imagine they would be too small for a 7.25 inch wrist.

Master
    I bought a 22m mesh for my diver and it's a great strap. Service was excellent as well.