closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vaillant Boiler Central Heating Control

Blog Entries

Vaillant Boiler Central Heating Control

FOR INFORMATION.

Within the last year I have had two different Honeywell central heating and hot water ‘smart’ control systems and after much fiddling, resetting, bonding, binding and head scratching I have angrily kicked both of them to the kerb! Two weeks ago I had the Vaillant VSmart control system installed, it is working perfectly and I could not be more pleased with it!

Happy Days!

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name
    What did you kick to the long grass?

I have the British Gas Hive system and along with the amazon Alexa I find it really good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bomberman View Post
    What did you kick to the long grass?
    Firstly:- DT92E’s

Secondly:- TR6HW

I am reasonably(ish) savvy with electronics and instruction manuals and although I could get these buggers working, my problem was that they would not STAY working! I just got fed up of the constant messing about trying to reset them with SWMBO grumbling that the heating had gone off again and mini-SWMBO(when home from uni)grumbling that the shower in her en-suite was not hot enough.
    This Vaillant Vsmart just really works and delivers what it says it will and I really like the heat performance graphs within the app! Wish I had gone for the Vs first but you live and learn!
    Last edited by KavKav; 18th January 2019 at 13:37.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    FOR INFORMATION.

Within the last year I have had two different Honeywell central heating and hot water ‘smart’ control systems and after much fiddling, resetting, bonding, binding and head scratching I have angrily kicked both of them to the kerb! Two weeks ago I had the Vaillant VSmart control system installed, it is working perfectly and I could not be more pleased with it!

Happy Days!
    I've got one of these going begging as I bought one for our holiday home. I really only want remote control of the stat so this was massive overkill and couldn't "learn" as we were only there for 2-4 days at a time. Not much use to you now I know but you could of had it cheap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I've got one of these going begging as I bought one for our holiday home. I really only want remote control of the stat so this was massive overkill and couldn't "learn" as we were only there for 2-4 days at a time. Not much use to you now I know but you could of had it cheap.
    Always the way!

Got mine from Cov Heating & Plumbing, I think it was around the £250 mark (Open Vent pack)

Craftsman
    Ouch. I paid £150.
    I won’t tell what you could of had it for.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Ouch. I paid £150.
    I won’t tell what you could of had it for.

Ouch indeed! You got a HELL of a good deal given that RRP is £386.40! I was content enough paying £250!

All given that we are talking about the same beastie:- Open Vent Pack 0020223158

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Ouch indeed! You got a HELL of a good deal given that RRP is £386.40! I was content enough paying £250!

All given that we are talking about the same beastie:- Open Vent Pack 0020223158
    Mine is for a combi so probably
    different. Pt no. 0020197226.

Blog Entries
    I work for Honeywell…. That part of the business has been spun off now, so, have zero contact with them…

My T6 works like a dream though…. Better than than the Hive I had (helped launch that!)

The evohome gets really good reviews too…

Sorry you had a bad experience …

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I work for Honeywell…. That part of the business has been spun off now, so, have zero contact with them…

My T6 works like a dream though…. Better than than the Hive I had (helped launch that!)

The evohome gets really good reviews too…

Sorry you had a bad experience …
    Thanks, appreciate that!