closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help setting date on 116710

Help setting date on 116710

Just a quick question. I wear my BLNR on weekends only so by the time I come to wear it it has long since powered down. My question is, how do I set the date so as to not damage the date mechanism.

The first thing I do is set the gmt/minutw hand to GMT and correct minutes then I andvance the hour hand to set the date then correct hour. Is there any way I may damage my watch by doing this? What if the gmt hand stopped near midnight then I advance it to say 9am if that is current gmt time then advance hour hand to set the date?

Hope that makes sense!!

1. Pull out crown, set correct time.
    2. Set date via hour hand.

And no, you cannot damage anything, GMT movement allows you to set hour hand whenever you want, forward or backward.

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    And no, you cannot damage anything, GMT movement allows you to set hour hand whenever you want, forward or backward.
    Great, thanks. That's what I thought as it wouldn't be a very practical complication if you had to avoid the danger zone every time you set the watch. I'm sure that the salesman went into the 'don't change the date during the danger zone' speech when I picked it up. Maybe he said it automatically as part of the handover.

If you buy a watch without papers and are uncertain of operation, it can be a good idea to consult the user guide online for the manufacturer’s definitive take on what to do:

https://www.rolex.com/content/dam/ro...ster-ii_en.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    If you buy a watch without papers and are uncertain of operation, it can be a good idea to consult the user guide online for the manufacturer’s definitive take on what to do:

https://www.rolex.com/content/dam/ro...ster-ii_en.pdf
    My watch was brand new and came with everything (except the warranty card was witheld for 12 months as they do with hot models now).

The first thing that I did was read the manual guide. There was no reference to the date change danger zone but I wanted to check here first to make sure. Like I said, the salesman gave me the speech about avoiding the danger zone but clearly this was in error.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    My watch was brand new and came with everything (except the warranty card was witheld for 12 months as they do with hot models now).

The first thing that I did was read the manual guide. There was no reference to the date change danger zone but I wanted to check here first to make sure. Like I said, the salesman gave me the speech about avoiding the danger zone but clearly this was in error.
    I see. If it’s not in the manual, it’s not a thing... salesman probably churning that line out about ten different brands every day 👍