closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Orient Day Date - Help

Craftsman

Orient Day Date - Help

Evening all,

I saw somewhere on the forum a member had a beautiful Orient watch which was very similar to a Rolex Day-Date. I think it had a blue dial, from memory, with a fluted bezel. It is right up my street and I have been impressed with the quality of my Orient Mako III, so would like to pick one of these up.

The problem I've found is that I can't identify what model/reference this watch was and can't find the original post to ask the owner. I've tried googling but no luck. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Sorry for the lack of details...

Thanks,

John

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Orient Day Date - Help

I’d say it was an Orient ‘Oyster’ President, Black or white dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wjkerfoot; 18th January 2019 at 00:04.

Master
    Saw a lot of them for sale in Malaysia when I was living there but not seen one since, even on Creation.

I think I remember looking for the particular model you describe about three years ago, and found it to have been discontinued. Blue dial, steel case with fluted markers, gold baton markers and hands.

Last edited by Der Amf; 18th January 2019 at 08:55.

Craftsman
    There are a number of dial variants some with the cubic zirconia as already posted others with applied metal indices. If you like to look of them there are usually a few examples on eBay that sit around the £200-250 mark. I have noticed more of the all gold come up than anything’s else.

You could also consider some of the other vintage watches that have a similar look. Take a look at the mido commander, some of these are day date with fluted bezels or the Titoni Cosmo king. You can pick these up at around the £150-200 price. A search on eBay for president then filtering it to used writstwatches with a mechanical movement will also throw options up from companies such gruen. Happy hunting !

I have a grey one which by coincidence I’m wearing today. I bought it some time ago in Thailand....I haven’t seen any like this for sale for a few years now.
    If it helps I’ll see if I can dig out the model number...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TikTokTrev; 18th January 2019 at 12:06.

To follow up my previous post the model number is 46e701

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Evening all,

I saw somewhere on the forum a member had a beautiful Orient watch which was very similar to a Rolex Day-Date. I think it had a blue dial, from memory, with a fluted bezel. It is right up my street and I have been impressed with the quality of my Orient Mako III, so would like to pick one of these up.

The problem I've found is that I can't identify what model/reference this watch was and can't find the original post to ask the owner. I've tried googling but no luck. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Sorry for the lack of details...

Thanks,

John

It was mine watch. I gave it to a friend

It's reference is (S)EV0J006DH

This one?

It is stunning watch. Screwdown crown and sapphire crystal, jubilee bracelet and a great dial.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner77 View Post
    It was mine watch. I gave it to a friend

It's reference is (S)EV0J006DH

This one?

It is stunning watch. Screwdown crown and sapphire crystal, jubilee bracelet and a great dial.

That's the badger!!! It's an absolute beauty. Thanks for responding.

John

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TikTokTrev View Post
    To follow up my previous post the model number is 46e701
    Thanks Trev, this is a real looker too. Giving me some nice food for thought!

John

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I think I remember looking for the particular model you describe about three years ago, and found it to have been discontinued. Blue dial, steel case with fluted markers, gold baton markers and hands.

Did you ever get your hands on one?

That picture is superb, I absolutely love that design. This will be an enjoyable hunt...

John

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    There are a number of dial variants some with the cubic zirconia as already posted others with applied metal indices. If you like to look of them there are usually a few examples on eBay that sit around the £200-250 mark. I have noticed more of the all gold come up than anything’s else.

You could also consider some of the other vintage watches that have a similar look. Take a look at the mido commander, some of these are day date with fluted bezels or the Titoni Cosmo king. You can pick these up at around the £150-200 price. A search on eBay for president then filtering it to used writstwatches with a mechanical movement will also throw options up from companies such gruen. Happy hunting !
    Thanks, yes I'd already scoured Ebay but couldn't find the specific model with applied indices and in stainless steel. I will check out your other suggestions, I've seen a couple of Midos before and they look appealing.

John

Quite a few on Amazon but none as nice as that one and all seem to be suffering from short minute hand syndrome.

Craftsman

Orient Day Date - Help

Bit of a left field suggestion, but for a low-cost new option: IMG_3269.JPG

These use Seiko movements and remind me very much of the now-discontinued Seiko ‘5’ day-dates...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apologies for the dreadful photo by the way!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Thanks, yes I'd already scoured Ebay but couldn't find the specific model with applied indices and in stainless steel. I will check out your other suggestions, I've seen a couple of Midos before and they look appealing.

John

If you end up looking at the Titoni watches just be careful about redials. Titoni seems to have its largest presence in Asia despite being a Swiss brand and so a large number are sold out of Thailand and Malaysia. Many of these have had dials repainted. So tread carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk