closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Frederique Constant

Master

Frederique Constant

Was on the train for my daily commute back from central London when a gentlemen in a suit sat opposite me. My eyes quickly observed his watch as it looked like a moon phase watch. Got me really curious as in my mind I was thinking I’ve spotted a Patek! Anyhow I kept trying to stare at the watch while trying to read and not look too obvious. When I got off I quickly started googling for the watch, and discovered (to my disappointment) that it’s not a PP but a FC, with a quartz movement!

Anyways it’s sparked my curiosity about the brand, from what I can see on the internet they’ve got some interesting models but also their products / prices are wildly different.

anyone got any experience with this brand?

Watch in question: https://frederiqueconstant.com/watch...r-fc-270em4p5/

Blog Entries
    They have a wide range.

I had this for a short while - very good value - IMHO

z

Master
    I haven’t owned one but came close with the Classic Moonphase with the hunter caseback and in-house movement. The quality was higher than I expected and at the time they were heavily discounted in the US so much cheaper than the UK even after paying VAT.

https://monochrome-watches.com/frede...-review-price/

Ant

Master
    Last edited by frp422; 17th January 2019 at 23:02.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    I haven’t owned one but came close with the Classic Moonphase with the hunter caseback and in-house movement. The quality was higher than I expected and at the time they were heavily discounted in the US so much cheaper than the UK even after paying VAT.

https://monochrome-watches.com/frede...-review-price/

Ant
    I own that watch, and it’s fantastic. I wish it were a few mm thinner, but it looks fantastic (and very Patek-esque, for a fraction of the price), and it keeps really good time (better than my Speedmaster, honestly). And I got it on Amazon for more than 50% off MSRP to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Hope you don’t sit next to me! (But if you do I’d be more than happy to chat watch talk).
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 18th January 2019 at 10:05.

Back on the 23rd April 2018 Watchfinder did a video clip & write up of an 'inexpensive' slightly left field 3 watch collection. It consisted of the following:

Diver:
    Ball Engineer Master II Diver

Dress:
    Frederique Constant Slimline

Chronograph:
    Junghans Meister Chronoscope

Worth a view / read if you are not a Rolex Sub, IWC & Omega Speedy kinda guy.

They are very complementary on the Frederique Constant Slimline.

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/articl...r-less-than-a-

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Hope you don’t sit next to me! (But if you do I’d be more than happy to chat watch talk).
    I’m not one to start up a conversation with other passengers but if I spot a Patek I might ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jsg1976 View Post
    I own that watch, and it’s fantastic. I wish it were a few mm thinner, but it looks fantastic (and very Patek-esque, for a fraction of the price), and it keeps really good time (better than my Speedmaster, honestly). And I got it on Amazon for more than 50% off MSRP to boot.

Yep they look very Patek esque which got me intrigued. Their website is not the most easiest to navigate through though!

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=zelig;4998916]They have a wide range.

I had this for a short while - very good value - IMHO

z[/Q

Sorry to hijack the threat, do you have this for sale at all?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post

Sorry to hijack the threat, do you have this for sale at all?
    Sorry - sold it on here in July 2018

z

FC are known for their Patek look-alikes. These days they are owned by Citizen. They make some good stuff but they also make gold-plated rubbish. Unless you are looking for a Patek look-alike, stay away from them. There are better watches out there.

This is mine
    Last edited by DMC102; 6th March 2019 at 16:29.

Craftsman

I bought this for the Mrs - she loves it, mainly because you can see the ‘working bits’

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    This is mine
    Beautiful! If you're ever selling drop me a message :)

Craftsman
    This is an absolute beauty!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by csinclair85 View Post
    This is an absolute beauty!
    Does any one have the model number for this one, as I can only find a similar model on their site with a slightly different dial.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    FC are known for their Patek look-alikes. These days they are owned by Citizen. They make some good stuff but they also make gold-plated rubbish. Unless you are looking for a Patek look-alike, stay away from them. There are better watches out there.
    Thats a bit harsh and I dont think entirely true, I only know of one that looks like a Calatrava. To my knowledge they are better known for their in house movement used in their moonphase and worldtimer watches I dont think either of them look like a Patek. Their manufacture line has quite a few watches I cant think of any looking like a Patek one perhaps that looks a bit like a Breguet. I tried on the moonphase watch a while back the gold plate version which was rather nice the movement very nicely decorated. Main thing that has always put me off buying is that they can be frequently found at heavy discount and I always fear getting my fingers burned buying one only for them to drop further in price.

As you say. They can be heavily discounted and also they are not sure exactly where they fit price wise. Tag Heuer have the same problem. FC have recently been bought by Citizen so let's see what happens. If you don't know what to do, FC is a good brand to go to... but I don't see them as a watch lover's brand.

Journeyman
    I've owned my FC for a bit more than three and a half years now, very happy with it as affordable dress watches go. Comes with a decorated Sellita SW-200, accurate enough. No problem so far. This one is sort of a Breguet homage.

Master
    This image is borrowed from Monochrome Watches, review here: https://monochrome-watches.com/frede...-review-price/

Last time I looked they could be bought from retailers in the US for about half rrp via eBay and various discount watch websites.

Ant

Craftsman
    The closest I can see on their website is this, similar but not the same