closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nomos Club - real life WR

Master

Nomos Club - real life WR

Afternoon all, having just acquired a stunning Club Dunkel (thanks again, Julian!) I am wondering if anybody regularly uses their Club in the shower/pool/sea/hot tub/bog?

I know that they're 100m rated just after some validation. Many thanks.

Blog Entries
    Nope…. It’s got a suede strap…. I have taken my PAM swimming, but, I’d be nervous with anything else (no idea why though!)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Nope…. It’s got a suede strap…. I have taken my PAM swimming, but, I’d be nervous with anything else (no idea why though!)
    Thanks. Mine actually has a Horween but take it as read that I’ll swap it out for a NATO/perlon...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I haven’t. I don’t wear a watch in the shower and always swim in my g shock. Leather can get smelly if it’s always wet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    I haven’t. I don’t wear a watch in the shower and always swim in my g shock. Leather can get smelly if it’s always wet

My g shock is the only watch I'd swim with!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post

To hell to hell yeah!

P.s. OP, gratz on a lovely watch. Got mine over Christmas and love it! I have the cream dial though. Did you get the steel back or sapphire?

It’s actually sparked a real interest in Nomos now. Everything I read about them is nothing but positive. Have my sights on a Zurich or Ahoi next!

Glad you’re enjoying it!

Here’s the info direct from Nomos (at https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/serv...usage-and-care). Per the bold part (for any watch, not just Nomos) if I wanted to take it near water I’d go for the recommended check first.

:)

2. Water-resistance
    If your NOMOS watch has the addition "20 ATM" on its back, you can go diving with it. The description "10 ATM" reveals that your watch is suitable for swimming and snorkeling; "5 ATM" means that you can shower with your watch on. All other NOMOS watches (including those with no particular denotation of water resistance on their backs) are protected to 3 atm and generally prefer to stay dry. Wearing them while washing your hands will not cause them any problems, but you should take them off before a dip in the pool. It is recommended to have the water resistance of your watch checked once a year by a retailer. It only takes a moment.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Glad you’re enjoying it!

Here’s the info direct from Nomos (at https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/serv...usage-and-care). Per the bold part (for any watch, not just Nomos) if I wanted to take it near water I’d go for the recommended check first.

:)
    Wise words!

I really enjoy how the Nomos information and care guides are written. You get a deep sense that they’re just a really nice bunch of people :)

Given the number of ‘proper’ dive watches I’ve seen flooded or steamed up over the years, I’d recommend keeping it above water.

Journeyman
    I've worn my Club on three holidays and used it daily in the pool and a couple of times in the sea. I swapped the strap for a fabric one from watchbandcenter.com. It's my go to holiday watch as it's so understated. The watch still looks like new and I haven't had any issues. The fabric strap dries fairly quickly but has faded slightly probably due to the chlorinated water in the pools and the sun although, I always give it a good rinse when back in the hotel room. I find it a bit strange that someone would buy a Sub or any other divers watch then be afraid to get it wet.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    WR is there for back up. I find it a totally pointless exercise, unless you are professional diver, to subject time pieces to showers, baths, swimming pools etc. I even take my Sub off before taking a dip.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Cos I don't want to risk bashing it on rocks. Simple!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    What’s that got to do with WR though?

Master
    I find it interesting that some have concerns over 100m rated watches, especially from quality watchmakers. I swam and snorkeled happily with my 100m rated Seiko SARB035 and had zero issues. I went diving with an 80's 6309 that had only been tested to 100m and it was fine. I think, you'll be fine
    Last edited by stix; 20th January 2019 at 04:44.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post

This, but I do wear my skxa35 fishing ad it gets dunked throughout the day.

If it doesn't have a screw down crown (or isn't a g shock) it won't be getting very wet. There's just no need to take the risk.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Some precious little soldiers on here, it's a watch......just wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Some precious little soldiers on here, it's a watch......just wear it.
    Well said.