closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Deployant Question

Deployant Question

Do deployants require special straps designed for them or will standard ones work - obviously has to be correct width but usual lengths are okay?

Thinking about Omega in particular.

I don't think so, one strap has a flat end and you attach one side of the deployant as you would a tang buckle and the end with the holes in goes through the other side of the deployant and clips in.

Master
    If you use a regular strap then you'll have a gap where the buckle pin would have been. Also worth bearing in mind that if you're using an Omega deployant clasp or Omega style, the keepers will also be redundant as the loose end of the strap folds underneath rather than over.

Regular straps work just fine, in my experience, as below.

Master
    I've gone off of deployants, they pack to much metal between ones wrist and the strap...as can been seen in the previous post.

The OEM one that came with my ultra-thin Zenith is almost as thick the watch, much better a nice slim buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Wales View Post
    I've gone off of deployants, they pack to much metal between ones wrist and the strap...as can been seen in the previous post.

The OEM one that came with my ultra-thin Zenith is almost as thick the watch, much better a nice slim buckle.
    Do straps last a lot longer with a deployant?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Mine do, as I'm a medic, watch on/off multiple times per day.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Do deployants require special straps designed for them or will standard ones work - obviously has to be correct width but usual lengths are okay?

Thinking about Omega in particular.
    It depends on the style of the deployant. With an Omega deployant a typical 120mm/80mm will not work, as it will not sit correctly on the underside of your wrist. It should though be possible to get a non Omega strap to the same dimensions as an OEM one (105mm/100mm).

For other styles of deployants standard sized straps will usually be ok.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    It depends on the style of the deployant. With an Omega deployant a typical 120mm/80mm will not work, as it will not sit correctly on the underside of your wrist. It should though be possible to get a non Omega strap to the same dimensions as an OEM one (105mm/100mm).

For other styles of deployants standard sized straps will usually be ok.
    Have you tried swapping the 6/12 ends of the strap?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Swapping 120/80 still doesn't give you 105/100 though. OEM Omega deployments work best with the 105/100 sizes as mentioned above, they sit very awkwardly on normal sized straps, though of course everyone's wrist is different. Cousins sell a few straps in the Omega size. This is of course very annoying if you want to use a non Omega strap on your pride and joy. It's almost like they planned it that way.

It depends on the type of deployant - they’re not all the same and some work with tang buckle straps, some don’t. The clue is in the existing strap... if you could use it as a tang buckle strap then there’s your answer; if it’s two flat-ended pieces of leather without the standard buckle holes, then no.

Master
    Yes...!

Specific Omega deployant omega 105/100 strat (prototype one )

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Swapping 120/80 still doesn't give you 105/100 though. OEM Omega deployments work best with the 105/100 sizes as mentioned above, they sit very awkwardly on normal sized straps, though of course everyone's wrist is different. Cousins sell a few straps in the Omega size. This is of course very annoying if you want to use a non Omega strap on your pride and joy. It's almost like they planned it that way.
    I have an Omega style deployant clasp, it’s identical in design and quality to the Onega item but lacks the symbol, that suits me fine as it’s now on my Zenith! I was lucky to buy a 19mm Omega style padded strap on eBay for around £25, it’s the same dimensions (105/100) so it works with the clasp. The method of attachement has to work too, the 12 side hole pushes over a mushroom-shaped pip so the thickness of the strap has to be correct within a certain range. Try as I might I couldn’t get a conventional strap to work, the lengths were all wrong.

Unfortunately I can’t recall where I bought both the strap and clasp, but for an outlay of around £60 I’ve got an excellent deployant strap/clasp. I’m fussy regarding quality and I’m happy with this, and the lack if Omega symbol is a plus! Previously I used the clasp with an after market alligator strap on an Omega Aqua Terra, but the strap didn’t last long despite costing almost £100.

Fir anyone who fancies a deployant I’d recommend the path I followed, wish I could recall who I dealt with on ebay but it was a year or two ago! I’ve had genuine Omega clasps on the bench and I’m convinced my ‘replica’ is just as good, I simply wouodn’t pay daft money for branded items like this.

Ironically, I have a genuine Zenith deployant that came with my watch, but I don’t like it at all, I much prefer my cheap one.

Journeyman
    Omega deployant is a joy to use. Worth getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro