closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Ultraman

Master

Omega Ultraman

Has anyone received one of these, and if so what did you think of it? Have heard very little about this since the launch.

I have never owned an Omega and I still have a hankering to try one. Would one of these be good place to start?

All advice appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I didn’t manage to get my name on the list in time, but they look a great watch to me and I love the dial.

As far as Speedmaster go I have the previous Speedy Tuesday and a couple of the standard model moonwatch version, alongside the Ti Skywalker and the DSOTM ceramic cased Speedmaster. The Ultraman has the classic Speedmaster look covered, but with a racing dial theme - I’d just prefer a bracelet on these editions.

Ultimately, I don’t think you could go wrong with any of them. It just depends what you want most. For example I wouldn’t swap the DSOTM for one, but I might buy one. It also consider how much more than a standard model do you like it and compare the price difference. Only you can answer if you think it’s worth the extra over some of the other cheaper versions.

I might wait and see what Omega are planning for the 50th anniversary and decide is it worth paying a premium for an ultraman, or buying one of those instead.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had one and it's a stunning looking watch in the flesh, unfortunately I couldn't resist flipping it for a tidy profit.

I managed to get one at RRP. It’s a fantastic watch and really can’t fault it - nice alternative to the standard speedy. There are quite a few on the pre-owned market but at inflated prices unfortunately.

Journeyman
    So today I get the phone call I was not expecting. The OB Bond street called and I'm first on their waiting list. I was under the impression they had all sold and was slightly taken back. Got to find the funds now, just bought an Explorer 2 polar and not quite ready for another close to £5k layout. 😬😬

Quote Originally Posted by Ewellblue View Post
    So today I get the phone call I was not expecting. The OB Bond street called and I'm first on their waiting list. I was under the impression they had all sold and was slightly taken back. Got to find the funds now, just bought an Explorer 2 polar and not quite ready for another close to £5k layout. 
    Colleague of mine at work also got a call from the OB Bond Street today saying one was available for him. Must be a few people pulling out of these so others getting the call

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewellblue View Post
    So today I get the phone call I was not expecting. The OB Bond street called and I'm first on their waiting list. I was under the impression they had all sold and was slightly taken back. Got to find the funds now, just bought an Explorer 2 polar and not quite ready for another close to £5k layout. 
    £5K for a Speedy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    £5K for a Speedy
    That is pretty much my sticking point with this. And not even on a bracelet.
    I want to try an Omega, and have another shot at a chrono ( tried a Tudor heritage chrono last year but swiftly flipped it ) so this might be a good option to scratch those itches. But don't want to take a bath if I decide it is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    That is pretty much my sticking point with this. And not even on a bracelet.
    I want to try an Omega, and have another shot at a chrono ( tried a Tudor heritage chrono last year but swiftly flipped it ) so this might be a good option to scratch those itches. But don't want to take a bath if I decide it is not for me.

You won't. This will easily sell for above RRP

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    sick watch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    You won't. This will easily sell for above RRP

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Not sure if that will last for long. Prices do seem to have dropped quite a bit in the last couple of months... Maybe it’s the speculators finally taking a bath.

Journeyman
    I was fortunate enough to get one for RRP and in the flesh, the Ultraman looks really great. All the details (DON, stepped dial) are beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    £5K for a Speedy
    You could always pay closer to 20k for a Snoopy ;) or buy a new ceramic (albeit with no discount) for almost £9k!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    You could always pay closer to 20k for a Snoopy ;) or buy a new ceramic (albeit with no discount) for almost £9k!
    Yeah, what exactly does the snoopy have that the Ultraman hasn’t? No way is there £15k difference between the two 😕

Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    Yeah, what exactly does the snoopy have that the Ultraman hasn’t? No way is there £15k difference between the two 
    Has a nice little doggy on the dial, that's got to be worth £15k of anyone's money

To be fair the Snoopy was cheaper, that listed at £4.6k when new.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Has a nice little doggy on the dial, that's got to be worth £15k of anyone's money

I’m also jealous because I haven’t got one! 😉😊

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    That £150 makes all of the difference Ken

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    That £150 makes all of the difference Ken

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    And it was about three years ago - so much the same. At least some of the Ultraman went to true enthusiasts, whereas the Snoopy went to the usual brigade who have a special relationship that lead one day to 22 appearing on Chrono24 and a further 10 on e-bay on the same day. Special customers indeed

Master
    Think my best plan is to visit my local AD today and try on a standard 42mm speedie. Or is it speedy? It should give me an idea of size and fit, then decide on the ultraman or not.

Yeah, what exactly does the snoopy have that the Ultraman hasn’t? No way is there £15k difference between the two 
    Lovely sterling silver and enamel Snoopy badge applied to the case back. A unique dial for the model etc. It's nice, really nice and I'ma fan - especially of the case back - but not £20k of my money nice.

Master
    Speaking of Snoopy I had to google it!

"NASA used the Snoopy award for special contributions*and outstanding efforts from both NASA personnel and contractors. On October 5th, 1970, NASA gave the Omega Speedmaster a Snoopy award to acknowledge the crucial role the watch played during the Apollo 13 mission"

Yeah, what exactly does the snoopy have that the Ultraman hasn’t? No way is there £15k difference between the two 😕
    A quote from a Tom Hanks movie.

Master
    I picked mine up in early September and it's my daily wearer. I'm really bored of monochrome watches and the Ultraman really hits the spot, the colour scheme and the small geeky details (stepped dial, DON bezel etc) really make it something different. I wear it on the standard NATO, plus a few other NATO straps that suit it really well.

It's a stunning watch in the flesh, and well worth picking up if you can get one at RRP. They're unlikely to ever fall in value under that price so you won't have to take a bath if you decide to sell it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    A quote from a Tom Hanks movie.
    Does it? I know "Houston we have a problem" became quite well known but I don't recall 'what could you do in 14 seconds' from the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Does it? I know "Houston we have a problem" became quite well known but I don't recall 'what could you do in 14 seconds' from the movie.
    Not a quote but the burn time to course correct.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Strnglwhank View Post
    Not a quote but the burn time to course correct.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Measured using a limited edition Snoopy watch

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    “Houston we have a problem” was said in real life and used in the movie. The quote I am talking about is “failure is not an option”. This was made up for the movie and imho it ruins the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    “Houston we have a problem” was said in real life and used in the movie. The quote I am talking about is “failure is not an option”. This was made up for the movie and imho it ruins the watch.
    Thought it was Eminem.