closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Seamaster 300 (Watchco) Springbar query

Apprentice

Omega Seamaster 300 (Watchco) Springbar query

Hi Guys

Quick query, i'm ordering a few sets of spring bars from Cousins for various watches ranging from 20 - 22mm lug widths
    I've recently purchased a Watch SM300 with 1171 bracelet/ 633 end links

I know the lug width is 20mm but i'm ordering both 20 & 21mm bars (slightly longer 21mm to potentially use with a nato as i've read a slightly longer bars should fit easy when using with a nato & may give more security)

My query relates to the diameter for use with the 1171/633 bracelet/ end links
    I was just about to place the order for the 1.8mm size (which seems to be the most commonly used diameter) then I thought that perhaps I could use a 2.0mm(?) diameter if the bracelet/ end links would take it, tightening up the tolerances & potentially eliminating any movement due to the current spring bar diameter

If anyone could give me some guidance as to which spring bars to use it would be much appreciated?

Link to the ones in looking @ (double flanged): https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/0...g-bars-by-size

I would be very surprised if 2.00mm wide spring bars would go through the bracelet, but handy to have for softer straps and NATOs.

Just order a mixed batch, a few 1.50mm, 1.80mm and 2.00mm then you have some spares and can work down from the fattest first.

I did this the other week on a bracelet and ended up having to use the 1.50mm in order to get the bracelet attached to the Watch head.

Grand Master
    More likely to need the 1.5mm for bracelet end links. As for a NATO, don't use the double shouldered, they can snag on the strap and pull out.

I doubt that 21mm will fit, they may not compress far enough.

Not only is it questionable whether or not you’ll get 21mm to fit, if it does manage to just squeeze in it could well be a bit of a bugger to remove.
    It's just a matter of time...

Apprentice
    Cheers for the response guys
    Looks like I will order a few sizes, they are cheap enough, its just I didn't want a surplus of spring bars i'm never going to use

Ref the comment regarding the use of double flanged with a Nato
    I've heard this mentioned a few times however ive always used double flanged (due to ease of changing) & never had an issue with one coming loose....on top of that, Nato's are designed to keep the watch on your wrist if one spring bar does fail, the only way it can result in losing the watch head was if they both failed at the same time which would be massively unlucky!

Apprentice
    oh & thanks for the comments re 21mm not fitting, I'll stick with 20mm & not bother ordering the 21's